MLF really needs to shape up

Started by legreve, December 29, 2013, 05:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

legreve

Damn... MLF really needs to shape up. The forums is honestly a complete mess with no structure, and the lack of guides or guidelines that are easily accessible is staggering.

I've been using ML for the last year or so, and with the new publish of MLV I'm lost again. Took forever to find out where to download the files and now having inserted the card with the new ML files I feel lost again.

I like all others appreciate the huge coding work you guys have done, but why just dump it into this puddle of half finish and unmaintained threads and sub forums?

g3gg0

because this is experimental?
as soon it is ready for the masses, you will see it on the main page.

and until this is done, you will experience problems, unfinished software and yeah, no PDF guide with everything explained.

it took forever to download the MLV module?!?
click the BIG HERE link in the main post and get a recent ML build (nightly, whatever)
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

RenatoPhoto

Quote from: legreve on December 29, 2013, 05:39:36 PM
Damn... MLF really needs to shape up. The forums is honestly a complete mess with no structure, and the lack of guides or guidelines that are easily accessible is staggering.

I've been using ML for the last year or so, and with the new publish of MLV I'm lost again. Took forever to find out where to download the files and now having inserted the card with the new ML files I feel lost again.

I like all others appreciate the huge coding work you guys have done, but why just dump it into this puddle of half finish and unmaintained threads and sub forums?

This thread is for discussing mlv_rec and not for venting your frustrations.  This can be discussed in the

Magic Lantern Forum and Site Discussion
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?board=28.0

It is people like you who post in the wrong area that make information difficult to find! 
Please learn how to use this form for the better of this community.
http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

dubzeebass

Quote from: RenatoPhoto on December 29, 2013, 06:04:33 PM
Please learn how to use this form for the better of this community.

Boom! And scene.

engardeknave

QuoteThe forums is honestly a complete mess with no structure, and the lack of guides or guidelines that are easily accessible is staggering.

Get in contact with A1ex and I'm sure something could be arranged for you to organize all of the information on the site and forum.

a1ex

Feel free to make constructive suggestions here: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=9654.0

(you can propose a new structure, either for the entire forum or only some parts of it, or whatever you think it can be improved)

ItsMeLenny

ML for the past year and only 16 posts?
You only joined in June.