Red One Mx camera

Started by N.Mendes, December 27, 2013, 11:50:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

N.Mendes

Hello The Ml team, i hope you're fine!

I come from the 5d mark3, and since recently, i have a Red one Mx camera, i know that it's not the place but, here is a thread i've opened on the Reduser forum :

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?107690-Fantastic-News-For-Red-One-(Mx)-Users!!-Is-That-Real-!!

To resume my request, Red one users with Cf modules has no other choice than shooting with the 16gb Red card because of a firmware limitation (we are able to use third party cf card but @ 2k only, which means a Huge crop of x3), a new Sandisk Cf card (4k designed) has incredible specifications, much more faster than the Red cf card (which is not really hard to make as the Red Card is very old), my question is:

"Can you open the firmware to other Cf cards brand for the Red one camera"?

Sandisk told me that they are ready to give technical help to make that happen but that didn't went all through, let me know guys, i'm sure it's a pretty easy issue for you, you made much more biger miracles by the past...

kgv5

Hi, its good to have red owner here.
Could you please make some comparison red vs 5d3, there were some of them on YT but i am interested more on downloading couple of frames from both cameras.
Lets say you could shoot some detailed footage (building and some trees for example) with both cameras in the same conditions (and the same lens if possible) and post couple of frames:
-red 4k
-red 2k
-5d3 1920x1080 normal
-5d3 1920x1080 3x crop
-5d3. 2560x1090.

I know it is a quite huge request but i think there are many people here interested is such comparison. Thanks
www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

Andy600

I can't see Jim Jannard allowing anyone to hack the Red FW, even if the Red One is at the end of it's life. It would trigger a huge lawsuit and kill Magic Lantern. Nice camera though ;)
Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

AnotherDave

I don't thing they'd have any grounds to seek legal action against them, but regardless... this is a forum for Canon firmware.

N.Mendes

@KGV5, i don't have my 5d3 anymore, but when i'll have one in hand, yes, why not make a test comparison ;)

@Ml Team, is it possible not to hack the Red firmware, but Cf cards.. By making them behave like a Red Cf card?

I know that some old 8Gb Lexar (300x) worked perfectly well with the Red camera (first Red cards were made by Lexar), can you do something about that? It's pretty easy for you i'm sure..