Subscribe to a Thread?

Started by rob_6, December 23, 2013, 06:23:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob_6

Is there a way to subscribe to a thread? I would love to be notified when certain threads are updated, but I haven't see a function on this forum. Am I just missing something or is there not function?

nick.p

What about on the tapatalk app?

Danne

I can,t see the notify button in my browser. Mac, firefox, maybe doesn,t have it? Then again, I don,t have the remove button either?

aaphotog

Quote from: Audionut on December 23, 2013, 07:15:20 AM

That button doesn't exist on my end. One thing that has always bothered me about this forum

walter_schulz

Open your profile -> Modify Profile -> Notifications

Audionut

Could have sworn I remembered that button being there before I got promoted.  Sorry guys.

jose_ugs

Quote from: walter_schulz on December 23, 2013, 10:21:23 AM
Open your profile -> Modify Profile -> Notifications

I can't figure this #$%#$ out, here are my settings and i still can't see the damn "Notify" :)

Walter Schulz

Logoff and logon.
Better now?

EDIT: Just found out the notify button is only available inside some of the boards.
Would an administrator be so kind to look after those settings?

Ciao
Walter

jose_ugs

Hey Walter... tried that already, tried it just now, again... nada :(

engardeknave

Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

These links at the top are a good workaround for the lack of notification functionality here.

jose_ugs

Quote from: engardeknave on January 04, 2014, 10:13:29 PM
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

These links at the top are a good workaround for the lack of notification functionality here.

Yeah u're right, sort of... That's what i use all the time too...
But it kind of sucks to post "whatever" in all threads u wanna follow

@Walter, can you post a thread where u see the Notify so i can check too pls

Walter Schulz

Quote from: jose_ugs on January 05, 2014, 12:00:03 PM@Walter, can you post a thread where u see the Notify so i can check too pls

Everything listed in "Magic Lantern Releases"
Also "General Discussion" -> "Article Discussion"

jose_ugs

Phewww... it's there :) For a minute i thought SMF is playin tricks per IP basis or something like that :D
Now let's forward this to a forum admin...

jose_ugs

Mmm, can we please have this checked by an admin?

nanomad

EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

jose_ugs

Yeaaaah @nanomad! I have checked a few threads and now they all pack the "Notify". Huge thank you!!!

chris_overseas

I thought I read somewhere that this had been deliberately disabled because the volume (and therefore presumably cost) of mails that were generated was too high?
EOS R5 1.1.0 | Canon 16-35mm f4.0L | Tamron SP 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2 | Canon 70-200mm f2.8L IS II | Canon 100-400mm f4.5-5.6L II | Canon 800mm f5.6L | Canon 100mm f2.8L macro | Sigma 14mm f/1.8 DG HSM Art | Yongnuo YN600EX-RT II

nanomad

Yes it was. We'll run a test period with notifications back on for now
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

ayshih

Notifications don't appear to be working anymore, at least for me.  I only have two threads on notify – nightly builds and 50D – and notifications seemed to be working properly up until midday April 13.  For each of these threads, there was a post in the past day that did not trigger a notification; I was surprised to see those threads pop up under my "unread posts".
Canon EOS 50D | 17–40mm f/4L & 70–300mm f/4.5–5.6 DO IS | Lexar 1066x

nanomad

Yeah guys, you love to flood the mail server :|

Had to disable it once more. Suggestions are welcome... It would be nice if SMF actually batched mail sending (e.g. using batched BCC when multiple people subscribed to the same thread)

Walter Schulz

May I say "Told you so!"? Just missed to tell you, though.

I like to suggest to avoid this trouble and dump mail notification for good. Is there no way to improve forum post options?
- "View most recent posts" not limited to just 20. See http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?action=recent
- "View all Posts in last 24 hours".
tbc

Ciao
Walter

Audionut

nanomad

It needs to be supported by smf out of the box.. Maybe smf is the issue here..