Audio is recorded as separate file!!

Started by imageus, December 23, 2013, 05:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imageus

Hello,

I am having a strange problem in my 5D MK III. I have been using Magic lantern for more than 6 months now without any problem. But all of a sudden when I record in any mode (not RAW because there is no audio in RAW anyway) the audio comes comes as separate .WAV files and a message comes that the metadata is corrupted!

I just can't figure out what can cause that.

I have tried shooting in different setting (1920, 1280 in 30P, 24P), using the built in mic, using Rode videomic pro. Also I don't see the audio files when I connect the camera via USB. I only see the file in the CF Card when i use the Lexar card reader. I am using a 64GB Lexar Professional 1000X UDMA7 card.

I would really appreciate if anyone had such issue or can give me any clue on what I did wrong.

Thanks.

ted ramasola

go to ML menu and and choose normal instead of separate wav. Then go to Canon menu and turn on sound recording.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

imageus

Under which tab is it under? I don't seem to locate it! Under Audio (1st one) I only see:
Speaker Volume
Beep, test tones
Sound Recorder

Thanks.

ted ramasola

in the "canon" menu, is your sound turned on or off (disable) ?
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

imageus

In Canon Menu under Red Camera I see Sound Recording and it is set at Manual. I believe that is the only place I saw to turn off sound. I don;t see any other place or switch to turn sound on!

ted ramasola

I'm basing my replies on a similar experience I had on my mkII and I hope a mkIII user can provide more accurate solutions. But I'll hope this will also work in your case.

Try to "nudge" ML by toggling the audio in the Canon menu to another setting say, Auto. then reboot camera and see if in ML menu it will show option to select audio recording: Normal, or opt6ions appear to turn off AGC.

If that works toggle back to manual the setting in Canon menu.
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

imageus

I did set the Canon Menu to Auto and went back to MK but I don't any audio recording option/menu in ML. By rebooting I meant turning the camera off and turning it back on. I don't see any reference to AGC in ML anywhere.

Funny thing is that it worked even yesterday! I may have inadvertently turned something off somewhere! I appreciate your effort to help me.

I also noticed that no sound comes out of the on-camera speaker (however small it is). I can hear the audio when I use a headphone.

ted ramasola

ok, lets try this. If you say it worked previously then go to the prefs tab in ML menu go to config files and restore ML defaults.
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

imageus

I can't thank you enough!! That did it.  :D

Good night my friend.

ted ramasola

You're welcome. Glad it worked.
Good night.
I'm still waiting for my 50mg diphenhydramine Hcl to kick in.  :)
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

Flashboywonder

Hi
I just found out that it can be adjusted in the ML menu nr. 4 (the one with the camera icon) under "FPS override 25.000" In here "Sound Record" can be set to "Separate WAV" and disabled again.....

frank007

www.linkdelight.com - Affordable Photographic equipment and accessory!