Why these gridlines/pattern of "noise"/pixels in my footage?

Started by austinmarti, December 18, 2013, 12:43:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

austinmarti

I'm shooting 1880 x 800 RAW on 5D Mark II.

This process shouldn't matter after the RAW2DNG stage, because I can already see this pattern of "noise" in the DNGs within Camera Raw/Photoshop.
So is it a fault of RAW2DNG or is this just normal for how the 5D Mark II shoots RAW video?

1) RAW2DNG
2) Open DNGs in Camera Raw
3) Export as TIFF
4) Open TIFF sequence in Quicktime Player 7
5) Export as video

Luiz Roberto dos Santos

The DNG files is with these lines or the final exp. clip? Try open DNG on other raw engineer, such as RAWTherapee. To me, this is a failure on demosaicing...

g3gg0

looks like you exported it in interlaced video format...
just that it has this pattern also in vertical stripes hm
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

austinmarti

I believe the DNG already had this pattern/lines in it.

But it seems pretty narrow.. like to this specific shot. I haven't noticed much of it anywhere else. Just on her face here. Strange.

chmee

this "pattern" seems vertically and horizontally, first i thought it was a bad demosaicing. did you try another export-format (just for testing) like jpg?
[size=2]phreekz * blog * twitter[/size]

austinmarti

No, I haven't. I may start at the beginning with that clip and see if the same thing happens.

Luiz Roberto dos Santos

Luiz Roberto dos Santos

Quote from: austinmarti on December 28, 2013, 11:08:19 PM
Here you go:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4703444/001387.dng

Well .. this is weird. It seems that the green channel is misaligned with the RB. I analyzed it in RAWDigger and it seems that the green channel is actually shifted.
So I processed with RawTherapee. In the method of demosaicing AMaZE, as expected, had the same effect, with a "grid." With VNG4 algorithm, the grid was eliminated altogether. In AMaZE I tried the alignment options in "green equilibration". Managed to pull off well.

Although he managed to solve, I not the faintest idea of why this happened.  ???

RenatoPhoto

http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

austinmarti

Quote from: Luiz Roberto dos Santos on December 29, 2013, 09:18:09 AM
Well .. this is weird. It seems that the green channel is misaligned with the RB. I analyzed it in RAWDigger and it seems that the green channel is actually shifted.
So I processed with RawTherapee. In the method of demosaicing AMaZE, as expected, had the same effect, with a "grid." With VNG4 algorithm, the grid was eliminated altogether. In AMaZE I tried the alignment options in "green equilibration". Managed to pull off well.

Although he managed to solve, I not the faintest idea of why this happened.  ???
Thanks! Good work.