MlRawViewer 1.3.3 (CDNG/MLV/RAW Viewer & Encoder, Linux/Mac/Win)

Started by baldand, December 09, 2013, 06:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ikoniq

@keepersdungeon and Licaon_Kter - thank you for the tips, much appreciated.

BatteriesNotIncluded

Love this app. So very handy and efficient. I'm using 1.3.3 and I've dabbled with 1.4.3 (not too keen on the new menu system, truth be told)

My question: whereabouts is the LUT directory on a Mac? I ask as I seem to have reached a quota, and I want to begin a cull. The Shift+3 method doesn't seem to play in 1.3.3

Thank you! :)

andyveale

Hey there, I'm having trouble figuring out how to get MLRawViewer to set up on my computer (windows 10). does anyone know how to do it? cheers!

Licaon_Kter

BatteriesNotIncluded

Quote from: Licaon_Kter on December 27, 2015, 08:44:17 AM
Since on a Mac, any reason not to use MLVFS ?

I'm still new to the 5D's workflow. Is this recommended? I chose MLRawViewer because it went straight to ProRes from MLV rather than via CDNG?

Licaon_Kter

MLRAWviewer is kinda not developed anymore.

For Windows there's the new: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=15271.0

For Mac/Linux MLVFS works better and is actively developed/supported.

Danne

MLP spits out ProRes4444 as well. You could use the logs from Mlrawviewer as well but they have to be converted into 3D luts. Can be done in DaVinci Resolve.
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=13512.0

BatteriesNotIncluded

Quote from: Danne on December 27, 2015, 03:35:59 PM
MLP spits out ProRes4444 as well. You could use the logs from Mlrawviewer as well but they have to be converted into 3D luts. Can be done in DaVinci Resolve.
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=13512.0

I'm liking MLP, Danne. Having some trouble with getting it to take my DNG files to ProRes however. I have followed your HowTo and User Guide to the T. All the binaries are installed and moved via the workflow. Can you help? (Via PM or your own thread?) Thank you.

budafilms

Macy606

Is there a good tool out there that can export cinemaDNG from MLV/RAW and is able to remove hot spots at the same time?

budafilms

Lot's of thread to remove hot spots out there. Try google raw hot spots + Magic Lantern

In my case:

- First, during the take: I tried not to work with high ISO for a lot of time. That cause some pixels with problems.
- Auto clean - only the camera do this, not your hands - dust.
- I use to put in the conversors "stripe corrections". I have the hope that this help...
- In DaVinci Resolve, if I have dead pixel, I place a "transparent mask" and apply in each spot some blur, in youtube are a couple of videos. Maybe you have always in the same place and you can save your mask and apply when is a big problem for you.

Hope this help you.

ibrahim

Hi,

Im using mlrawviewer 1.4.3 and from the software I can see that I am supposed to get 4920 DNG images in the final export while I only get .
It is very frustrating...  >:(

I get the following pop up error while the export is around 85%:

Runtime error!
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way...

The software used to work fine but not any longer :(

Canon 5D Mark IIIs | Ronin-M | Zeiss 50mm 1.4 planar | Zeiss 35mm 1.4 distagon  | Zeiss 24mm f2 distagon | Zeiss 85mm f1.4 planar
Dual sound system: Tascam DR-60d MKII | Audio Technica AT899 | Sennheiser MKE 600

Walter Schulz

See reply #1631. But I suppose you have transferred just the first chunk (*.MLV) but forgot the second one (M00).

ibrahim

How do I transfer the second one (M00) in mlrawviewer?
My .MLV file has M00 M01 M02 M03 associated to it.
Don't I simply open the .mlv file inside the software and the export (as long as the M-files are in the same directory as that of the .MLV)?

As for the provided link it seems that that software does not export to cinemaDNG which I have to get for my files to be edited in Pr CC 2015 as it accepts their import natively.
Canon 5D Mark IIIs | Ronin-M | Zeiss 50mm 1.4 planar | Zeiss 35mm 1.4 distagon  | Zeiss 24mm f2 distagon | Zeiss 85mm f1.4 planar
Dual sound system: Tascam DR-60d MKII | Audio Technica AT899 | Sennheiser MKE 600

DeafEyeJedi

MLP (and MLVFS) work well with spanning files.

Do not open those files individually ... Just keep them together in the same directory prior to converting.
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

reddeercity

Quote from: ibrahim on January 09, 2016, 07:05:00 PM
As for the provided link it seems that that software does not export to cinemaDNG which I have to get for my files to be edited in Pr CC 2015 as it accepts their import natively.
If you are referring to MLVProduder , Yes it dose export Cdng's New PC Tools to replace ACR & A.E. with same or better results (Without Resolve) download the latest builds mlvp.alpha.build1944 and mlvp.alpha.build2127 haven't tried #2127 but 1944 works will exporting Cdng's

Quote from: ibrahim on January 09, 2016, 07:05:00 PM
My .MLV file has M00 M01 M02 M03 associated to it.
If you are having problems importing the spanning file .mlv+M00 etc...
You can always join the file yourself on the Command line with simple dos commands
Go to the windows start window and type "cmd"
    Start dialog: cmd
    1. cd C:\Users\my_destination_folder
    2. copy /B xyz.MLV+xyz.R00+xyz.R01 xyz.MLV
where "xyz.MLV" is the new join file

I used to do this before all the extractors did automatically with .raw or .mlv

ibrahim

I tried version1944 it crashes.

About the CMD:

Does this "
Quote from: reddeercity on January 09, 2016, 08:53:34 PM
If you are having problems importing the spanning file .mlv+M00 etc...
You can always join the file yourself on the Command line with simple dos commands
Go to the windows start window and type "cmd"
    Start dialog: cmd
    1. cd C:\Users\my_destination_folder
    2. copy /B xyz.MLV+xyz.R00+xyz.R01 xyz.MLV
where "xyz.MLV" is the new join file

I used to do this before all the extractors did automatically with .raw or .mlv

mean that in my case I should type :
copy /B xyz.MLV+xyz.M00+xyz.M01+xyz.M02+xyz.M03 xyz.MLV   ?

reddeercity

yes , keep adding your M0x etc... as many as you have . The most I had to join was 12 I think and that was around 50GB   

ArthurX

Hi and thanks,
I am not sure if this is the right place for the question.
I am trying to install the MLviewer under debian. But there is a bit of hurdle,
i get an error like this:

Art@ArtBamba:~# pip install bitunpack
Downloading/unpacking bitunpack
  Could not find any downloads that satisfy the requirement bitunpack
Cleaning up...
No distributions at all found for bitunpack

and he needs bitunpack to build the mlviewer.

Thanks and greetings Arthur

ArthurX

areito5

I cant install it in WINDOWS 10 64BIT.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks
Frank

Walter Schulz

Licaon_Kter

Although, better try to get MLVFS working: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=13152.0

This is no longer developed, while MLVFS is now working towards greatness on Windows too.