MlRawViewer 1.3.3 (CDNG/MLV/RAW Viewer & Encoder, Linux/Mac/Win)

Started by baldand, December 09, 2013, 06:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rick_ford55

I just downloaded this version 1.3.3 and version 1.4.3 and version 1.3.3 was working fine and then all of a sudden just started creating .MRX files? is there a fix for this specific issue, i am on a mac running OS X

Licaon_Kter

fxPPC

Still having issues with Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) and MLRawViewer 1.4.3. Slow choppy playback and crashing on batch exports.

As recommended, I turned off SIP (csr-active-config 0x67) on both my hackintosh (with a RAID0) and MBP 15" (with a SSD), and it's still Chop City. If anyone has any advise on getting this great application to work on Apple's latest OS, please share. MLVFS plus Resolve play back smoothly, and MLRawViewer was perfect too under Mac OS X 10.10.

Both machines are using the latest nVidia web drivers, latest CUDA (for Resolve), with a GTX 460 1GB in the hack, and a GTX 750M 2GB in the MBP. Fast storage, fast CPUs, gobs of RAM all around. Wish I knew what to do!
---------------------------------
5D3, 7D, 550D. Rokinon Cine DS set, Canon L set, wide range of Russian and Contax-converted (Leitax modified) glass.

budafilms

Delete the app, even in Preferences an Library and install again.
Delete MRX files. It's true, sometimes is a problem.

DeafEyeJedi

Agreed. When something doesn't seem right. There's no harm in uninstalling, reinstalling and most importantly to delete all .MRX files as well as set your destination folder prior to next export.
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

fxPPC

Turns out it is two separate issues. Playback was fixed by nVidia's, just released, f2 driver for OS X 10.11.1. Deleting the (hidden) preference folder fixed single exports. Batch exports are still broken. No amount of file cleanup and deleting MXRs will fix it. Be careful updating to 10.11 everyone!
---------------------------------
5D3, 7D, 550D. Rokinon Cine DS set, Canon L set, wide range of Russian and Contax-converted (Leitax modified) glass.

reddeercity

@fxPPC, There seems to be a issue with the New Mac OSX ELCapitan graphic engine Metal
There only Selected Video Cards/Embeded GPU's that will work .
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308051-which-graphics-cards-or-integrated-gpus-support-metal/
QuoteHi,i would like to Know which graphics card or integrated GPUs support Metal  on OSx El Capitan ....
Here's a list of common Mac GPUs that are good candidates for Metal support :
•Intel HD 5000- and 6000-series GPUs (Haswell and Broadwell integrated GPUs, used in 2013-2015).
•Nvidia GeForce 600- and 700-series GPUs ( these were common in 2012 and 2013-era Macs).
•AMD Radeon 5000-, 6000-, R9 200, and R9 300-series GPUs (common in 2010-2011-era and 2014-2015-era Macs).
•AMD FirePro D300, D500, and D700 GPUs (2013 Mac Pro).

Here are common GPUs from Macs that will run El Capitan, but may not support Metal because they lack OpenGL 4.3 support:
•Intel HD 3000- and 4000-series GPUs (Sandy and Ivy Bridge integrated GPUs, used in 2011 and 2012).
•Nvidia GeForce 8000-, 9000-, 100-, and 300-series GPUs (common between 2007 and 2010).
•AMD Radeon 2000- and 4000-series GPUs (common between 2007 and 2010).

You can use Metal_Test by Netkas
If you read Metal supported GPU on Netkas.org they say GTX4xx will work so there is conflicting reports
If you run Metal.zip it will tell you if you card/GPU is supported

I have also read on the hi-end video cards there no difference in performance between Open GL & Metal right now maybe in the future thou.
Plus if you search the internet "Adobe Forum" is not recommending to update EL Capitan just yet , problem with Creative Products.
So if you had no problems in OSX Yosemite , that more likely it's Metal causing problem or upgrade to a series 6/7 Nvida GPU.

Personally I will not update  I'm OSX Yosemite10.10.4 , I always wait at least 6 months to 1 Year  when there's a Version Change
As they say "If it's not broken don't fix it"
and from what I read they made the change to be more in line with there "iOS" devices etc....

THERRY_PHAN

Hi everyone,
A quick question: Is this software converts multiple mlv files at once? In other words, it has batch converting feature?
Thank you in advance!

Danne

user0597

It does: "C - Export all files in the current directory using the current settings."
The keys and their functions are detailed here.

SteveScout

Hi, guys!

I´ve switched to 1.4.3 and this new file browser is very nice. Although when I hit "E" to export a file, it gives me that file dialogue to choose the export directory, but there is no way to set it. I hit enter, klick the mouse ... and it just gets me deeper in subdirectories, but no way to tell the app "That´s the folder, use it!". Am i stupid?

thanks!!

Steffen

user0597

Press W to close the browser. The folder you navigated to is now set.

PAISTE

Hello guys!
im using 1.3.3 and have a question:
does the viewer doing compression (about 1.5)?
i admited that the folder wth DNG weights around 1.5 time less than actual MLV file from card?
im new user of this app and maybe my question is been answered later but this topic is so big so plese help me to clear this point!

Licaon_Kter

shandor

I just checked, and I have a 1.3 GB MLV file, that after being "uncompressed" by MLRawViewer, the resulting folder is barely 700 MB.

I tried with 1.3.3 AND 1.4.3

(Edit:I just did a quick test with a RAW file, and MLRawViewer 1.4.3 makes a MRX file, as far as I know useless. But RAWMagic Lite, turns a 900 MB RAW to a 1.2 GB DNG Folder) So I guess I'll be sticking with that for a while.)

dmilligan

What MLRawViewer and other converters are doing to MLV and RAW files is not "uncompressing" them like you seem to think. It's simply converting the raw image data to a different container format that is more widely supported (consequently the endianess changes, but that is the biggest difference). Additionally, MLRawViewer actually applies lossless compression to the output DNG files, because original MLV and RAW files have absolutely no compression at all whatsoever, and real-world image data tends to be somewhat redundant. There is no loss in quality or anything that is missing as a result of this compression.

Most people are usually happy about things taking up less space, but do whatever you want. (MLVFS is a tool that will provide DNGs that actually take up zero additional real space, by transcoding the MLV file to "virtual" DNGs on the fly, though obviously you still have to keep the original MLV file)

66dellwood

I know the answer must be buried in the thread, so apologies if it is.  Just installing ML on a 5D2 for the first time and am less than clear on post workflow.  Have W7Pro and W10 machines.

Does the MLRawViewer convert the MLV files to CinemaDNG?  Am interested in getting my footage into Lightroom.

johannsebastianbach

Hello everybody,

I am shooting mostly in 60fps and using ML-RAW (since MLV gives me a lot of pink frames and RAW 1.0 almost none) and was wondering, if the "Key A - Toggle anamorphic aspect to take into account the 1.4x squeeze from shooting 50p/60p" works only for preview or also could be exported directly stretched out like it works already with custom fps. This way one wouldn't need to make a whole new strech-out export in AE and could already cut in the right aspect ratio/without extra rendering.

Second thing: What is this pinkish thing in the middle downer of the green background? I don't think it is over- or underexposed

Third thing: What about this black pixel line on the bottom?

magiclantern-Nightly.2015Nov15.5D3113

tried with both,  MlRawViewer 1.3.3 and 1.4.3

OsX El Capitan

Thanks in advance!

MlRawViewer preview

Exported ProRes

budafilms

I don't recommend use for export MLviewer.
Try Mlv Mystic with the same footage, and compare the result.

Change the aspect ratio in your software. Put a lot of shrarpness.

ikoniq

My first post here.  Want to thank everyone who's worked on ML, what a joy.  Also, want to thanks Baldand and others for this wonderful MlRawViewer app.  Really enjoying shooting raw on the 5D2.

I recently got a 650D and am now faced with the pink dot or focus dot issue in my 1280x720 / 25p PAL footage.  Working on a Macbook Pro Retina 10.11.2 and MlRawViewer 1.4.3, I've found that the focus dots do disappear when I disable Stripes and hit 0.  However, the dots seem to persist in the exported MOV.  Anyone have any insights?  Happy to provide more info to help with troubleshooting.

keepersdungeon

Quote from: ikoniq on December 25, 2015, 06:03:40 AM
My first post here.  Want to thank everyone who's work on ML, what a joy.  Also, want to thanks Baldand and others for this wonderful MlRawViewer app.  Really enjoying shooting raw on the 5D2.

I recently got a 650D and am now faced with the pink dot or focus dot issue in my 1280x720 / 25p PAL footage.  Working on a Macbook Pro Retina 10.11.2 and MlRawViewer 1.4.3, I've found that the focus dots do disappear when I disable Stripes and hit 0.  However, the dots seem to persist in the exported MOV.  Anyone have any insights?  Happy to provide more info to help with troubleshooting.
The pink dot are normal on raw videos though u can lower the chance of having them. Try googling calibrating censor for Canon it's something that takes 30second to do it. U can also try converting to dng and try in lightroom or raw therapee. As for the dead pixels on focus point that is due to high ISO. Try not to go higher than 3200. Hope this helps

Licaon_Kter