MlRawViewer 1.3.3 (CDNG/MLV/RAW Viewer & Encoder, Linux/Mac/Win)

Started by baldand, December 09, 2013, 06:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmilligan

Tullen

I dont know where that is. Can try to run the .exe file later. Do you know where the log file is located?

Licaon_Kter

Tullen

@Licaon_Kter
Thanks, that seem indeed to have solved the problem. The program starts as it should. Will test it with a file tonight to see that the rest works too.

flostro

Does anybody know how to create movs with mlrawviewer that have the creation time as timecode?
Mlrawviewer shows the creation time (and other usefull metadata) when you open a file.
There is a command for ffmpeg to set a timecode ( -timecode hh:mm:ss:ff) but i don't know how to pass the data from the mlv to the mov. I found a few things like burning in tc with the -drawtext command but I never got it working.

It won't be frame accurate like proper timecode, but it would help to sync multiple cameras or external audio with timecode. And its a pity you lose all the metadata once you convert to mov (iso,lens,fstop,aperture,shutter speed)

P.S.

So it really seems there won't be another version of MlRawViewer, that's a pity because it's such a great App. It was the reason that I started to really use the raw feature of magic lantern because it made the raw workflow really fast to use.
But there are a few things that aren't completly work right now.
With the latest build i can't use the C Key (batch export all files in folder) so I'm still using version 1.3.4 (and it's easier to select a target folder in the old version).
There are a few other things but I don't know anything about python or coding in general.
Just wanted to thank Andrew for his effort, it's still the best app for mlv imho.

flostro

MLVProducer looks promising but right now it doesn't give me real time playback and i have to adjust a lot to make it look good, thats a lot slower than to just batch convert everything in one go.
With Mlvfs you also have to adjust your files. The key for me with mlrawviewer is that i can select a colorspace and just export all files without touching the settings (except white balance) and get decent results.

dpjpandone

Something strange is happening that I never noticed before:

When I first open a file I see the pink dots as usual (EOSM) after it plays a few frames they disappear! Did you implement pink dot removal in 1,3,3!?!?!?  This is amazing!!!!

Licaon_Kter

Still using 1.3.3? What about 1.4.3? See bitbucket site -> Downloads

dpjpandone

Actually,  after further testing, I noticed that the pink dots disappear, but the green dots remain. I guess the software sees pink dots as hot-pixels and corrects them, but the green dots which are contrast detection pixels or something don't get picked up by the algorithm... I did not try it on 1.4.3 - I thought 1.3.3 was the stable release. Have you tried it? does it remove ALL of the dots?

dpjpandone

I checked 1.4.3 and the green dots are still there... You got me all excited... It definitely fixes the pink dots because it treats them like hot pixels, but it's algorithm is not picking up on the green ones unfortunately... They are a different type of pixel (contrast detection i think?)  They might be hard to see on certain footage, but I assure you, they are present.

budafilms

Try to find other soft if you have this problem.
I never found a solution of this dots around here.

DeafEyeJedi

and this is why I don't really use MLRV for converts and only use it for viewing purposes.

I think MLVFS does a pretty good job at removing both pink and green dots from the EOSM.

It may not be perfect but I also learned that the M doesn't like to pointed at the sun which seems to make it even more difficult to remove pink/green dots.
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

fizzzle

Hey Guys,

i read many of the pages here, but found no solution or someone, who had the same problem like me. I got...

- Win 7
- EOS 7D
- shot MLV files there
- open them up in ML RAW viewer 1.3.4.
- hit convert (MOV) ...... all fine.

But look at the result - :o. All dark areas are full of red fields. I just thought there is the red dod problem, bu i gotta red field problem. Shall i install an codec to my system?

Greetings

fizzzle

I Just gotta quick reply to my own post!

Thinks just fixed themselfes somehow.... I just:

- Tunred on MLV-Sound into my Camera
- Used the Dual Iso Mode
- restartet my pc

now it works. The footage is realy amazing i got about 14 Stops in an flat image SICK! Thanks to you guys!

Qiuness

Hi there...

I took 3 videos with ML on my 6D. 1 works in MiRaw the other 2 do not, since i did not stop them in camera and the camera stopped them @ 2.5GB/file
Now i cannot preview them...They work... but for some reason MiRaw just opens black.

Any ideas?

Big_M

I get the same error as mentioned here in linux.  :-\

Is there any workaround or version which is known to work?

Licaon_Kter

Big_M

Well, latest git version. So I guess that is 1.4.3?

Distro: opensuse 13.2 x86_64 with Kernel 4.0.3

Python 2.7.8
Python-opengl 3.1.0
Python-opengl-accelerate 3.1.0
numpy 1.9.3
scandir latest git

But I see now that glfw is missing. Will try to compile that tomorrow

Thobias

I cannot open exported DNG files in CameraRaw or any other RAW editor. What I'm doing wrong? Tested on mlv files on Canon 70D. Thanks.
Canon 70D (ML 70D.111A - Beta-3) | Canon: 24-70mm f/4 L IS USM, 50mm f/1.8 STM, 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 STM | FD 35mm f/2.8, FD 50mm f/1.8, FD 135mm f/3.5, Soligor: FD 28mm f/2.8 | old Canon flash Speedlite 299T | Windows 10 64bit

Walter Schulz

Version? OS you are running? CR version? You haven't tested all the RAW editors in the wild, so please tell which one you tried.
And a DNG for downloading and testing would be fine, too.

Thobias

1.3.3 of MRV, Windows 10 64bit, CR latest from CC. I tried CR and ZPS 17. All programs are properly licensed. I do not have now any corrupted DNG file, will upload it later.
Canon 70D (ML 70D.111A - Beta-3) | Canon: 24-70mm f/4 L IS USM, 50mm f/1.8 STM, 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 STM | FD 35mm f/2.8, FD 50mm f/1.8, FD 135mm f/3.5, Soligor: FD 28mm f/2.8 | old Canon flash Speedlite 299T | Windows 10 64bit