MlRawViewer 1.3.3 (CDNG/MLV/RAW Viewer & Encoder, Linux/Mac/Win)

Started by baldand, December 09, 2013, 06:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

komunakavra

Thanx dude, I will try with both them.
I've intalled the "last version" for 7D 2.03 from the downloads... I think that its the last one, isnt it??? this is infinite... :D

Im going to try and lets see whats going on!!
Thanx again!!

DeafEyeJedi

Last version of MLRV would be 1.4.3 -- is that what you were referring to?
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

komunakavra

sorry... I thought you asked about ML version!! ops!!  :o

Im trying to install cr2hdr-r but its giving me some problems... after "discover" the password, I finished the process and it says ok... but after put the icon on the App bin and the dash... it doesnt work. More than that, when I try to uninstall it, it say that no folders where found on usr/... location, and the process is finished ok.

So, I have intaled, uninstaled and re-instaled many times and it doesnt work... so Im thinking about going to sleep and take it again tomorrow... Thanks again, I will try tomorrow and I tell to you how it goes!! ;)

DeafEyeJedi

Did you follow directions in the "install this first" command line (it shouldn't be asking for password - only for during uninstallation) within the folder before using the app itself?

That's my only assumption at this point why this isn't working for you atm -- it works well for all of us Mac users as far as I'm concerned.

Once you have figured this out somehow... Please continue in this thread.

daw1d

Hello, I have some RAW shots from EOS 5D III (fw 123) with ML Nightly.2014.Aug.07. One shot is long (it is split to RAW and R00 files). I tried to export the RAWs to DNGs using "raw2cdng 1.7.0", "MlRawViewer 1.3.3", "MLVMystic.exe" and "raw2dng.exe" and all four short shots are ok but the long one has black level error or dont even export. I tried to fix it with this procedures but nothing helps:
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=11664.0
https://vimeo.com/97477678

Raw2cdng 1.7.0 and MlRawViewer 1.3.3 gives me black and green screen after export. Raw2dng.exe and MLVMystic.exe cant open the files and crashes. Please can someone help me with this? What can I do to save the footage?

Here is one DNG from MlRawViewer
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33503671/M28-1902_000000.dng

Thanks

Renovatio

Just "re-installed" windows, i'm getting an error about visual c++.

Which version should i install? Thanks a lot.

theartofweb

How can I import S-curve_for_CineStyle.lut? Do I have to convert it to a .CUBE file? If so, how do I go about it?

Thanks

Andy600

@theartofweb - why would you want to do that? The Cinestyle lut is a) very low resolution and b) specific to Cinestyle i.e. it de-logs Cinestyle and applies a REC709 transfer function. Using it with any of the log options in MLRViewer is pointless. If you only want a REC709 output just select REC709 in MLRViewer's options ;)
Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

theartofweb

I export DNGs to TIFFs thru Lightroom in order to apply some noise reduction (I can't denoise in Resolve Lite). While in Lightroom, I also bring down contrast (-70) and saturation (-20) in order to make it look like a cinestyle log contrast curve. Finally, I add some (masked) sharpness and export to 16 bit Prophoto TIFF. I just wanted to play this sequences in mlrawviewer and see how it would look like in the Cinestyle lut.

parxal

Revast , trying to install glfw version 3.1

C:\Python27\Scripts>pip install glfw==3.1
Downloading/unpacking glfw==3.1
  Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement glfw==3.1 (from versio
ns: 1.0.1, 1.0.2, 1.0, 1.1.0, 1.1.1)
Cleaning up...
No distributions matching the version for glfw==3.1

Any help?

theartofweb

Mlrawviewer does not seem to play DNG or TIFF sequences made from Lightroom, how is that? The TIFF sequence will play as totally black.

Licaon_Kter

Quote from: parxal on April 01, 2015, 06:43:24 PM
No distributions matching the version for glfw==3.1
I guess... Get the libs first http://www.glfw.org/download.html
then get the python bindings https://pypi.python.org/pypi/glfw/1.1.1 ( it's version 1.1.1 of the bindings for GFLW 3 ) ;)

gabrielpaje

Hi,
I need some help for my Canon EOS M with Magic Lantern (latest nightly build-Downloaded). Everything is perfect from installation to video RAW recording until to MLRAWViewer, But when I see the result of the file exported as .MOV, there are dots(yellow, blue,red) everywhere in the video. How can I fix these? Thanks a lot who could send me the link to solve this problem.

Licaon_Kter

Latest version from bitbucket, any reason for audio drop?

Loading 'M11-1906.MLV'
M11-1906.WAV M11-1906.WAV
Set indexed. Frames missing: 8
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/warehouse/temp/revision/mlrawviewer/Audio.py", line 65, in audioLoop
    stream.write(dataBuffer[bufferOffset:newoffset],exception_on_underflow=True)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pyaudio.py", line 587, in write
    exception_on_underflow)
IOError: [Errno Output underflowed] -9980
Audio underflow

Ali Oliya

when i do Shit+L and choose the LUT in the window, it doesn't do anything..nothing applies! what am i doing wrong?

DeafEyeJedi

After you successfully load the LUTS -- then simply press shift + UP/DOWN arrows to scroll through the cubes that you just installed.

Please read the first post where it shows all the Full Key Control List.

theartofweb

What is the difference between MlRawViewer and raw2cdng when it comes to get DNG sequences?

Lysander

hallo everybody, i recently started filming with magic lantern. i had to install MIRawviewer because i experimented with Raw-video and the files are .MLV's. i followed the guidance of the forum member "revast" wich seems to work, until i encountered the following error :
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED AS: Bestandsnaam is te lang
./Viewer.py: regel 30: syntaxfout nabij onverwacht symbool 'False'
./Viewer.py: regel 30: `PerformanceLog.PLOG_CONTROL(False)'
is there something i can do to finalize the installement. every help is appreciated.
greeting.

NitromanX

@ Ali Oliya and DeafEyeJedi - I'm having the same problem loading LUT's into MLRawViewer 1.4.3 too.

I press Shift + L and chose the .cube LUT from my desktop, but it doesn't show or apply in MLRawViewer when i cycle through the various LOGS.

I'm running Mavericks 10.9.5.

Any other people experiencing this ? Is there something we're doing wrong ?

DeafEyeJedi

Read first post where it shows Full Key Control list.

To change LUTS (3D) then simply press Shift + up/down.

To change LOGS (1D) then simply press Shift + Left/Right.

To add 2nd LOGS (1D) then simply press Shift + Z/X.

It's all written on the first post.

kitzie

Hey guys,

I used to use v1.3.4 very reliably to batch convert to DNGs, but since getting a faster machine it will only do a handful before crashing, sometimes with a Windows Runtime C ++ error.

Any ideas on how to fix this, or a recommendation for an alternative converter (for DNGs not CDNGs as I use ACR into After Effects to prepare my 'digital negatives') would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Frank7D

@kitzie,

In my experience, ACR and AE have no problem with CDNGs.

budafilms

Can someone explain how uninstall 1.4.3 under OS X? the software is stuck, and I tried to reinstall and have the same problem. thnx

DeafEyeJedi