MlRawViewer 1.3.3 (CDNG/MLV/RAW Viewer & Encoder, Linux/Mac/Win)

Started by baldand, December 09, 2013, 06:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

togg

Ok I've done the test finally! It's a tripod scene but I've only those for the time being, the point is that the app remove the hot pixel when stripe correction is on, inside the app all work well. Then I export a few frames (after a little bit of time) both with and without stripe correction. The dng have differents size so something has happened. But when I try to visualize the two batch of frames inside mlrv itself it still see the hot pixel in both of them! I have to put stripe correction on again to have them gone.

So the information about the hot pixels is not baked in or it is not written at all. Here it is the link with my two dngs export https://www.mediafire.com/?as38dbfb4ic1k83

eld3rs

Hello Baldand

MLRawViewer seems to be working well, i just have two more issues.

1. The video is playing but it is duotoned and not in full color

2. I cant get to export, how does i followed this order from the control list
W - File dialog to choose the export directory
D - Choose export type, MOV or DNG
E - Add marked range to the export queue. Will use the source name with ".MOV" or "_DNG" appended.
C - Export all files in the current directory using the current settings
Y - Start processing, or pause processing of the export queue

but there's no progress after pressing the E key.

i have tried on versions 1.3.3, 1.4.2, 1.4.3

where am i getting it wrong?

DeafEyeJedi

@eld3rs -- Since 1.4.2 is actually the development/testing version with new features and bugs, I would recommend to you to start with the stable series, e.g. 1.3.4. You may need to delete all the generated .MRX files next to the raw files, and the $HOME/.mlrawviewer directory to be on the safe side.

Per @baldand's suggestion from an earlier post up above.
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

jrcreative

i'm using the mac version with my MLV files and I get very weird split images on each dng file. It's like someone took a brush with pink paint and went across the file. Not sure what's going on.

Any help appreciated. I'm set to the default Log-C.

baldand

@jrcreative that sounds like you are viewing the DNGs with something that doesn't handle standard DNG lossless compression (such as the OS X previewer). Try viewing them with Resolve or Premiere instead.

N/A

Just a thought, when I converted the MLRawviewer .dng's through Adobe Dng Converter with no jpeg preview selected, they displayed properly in preview/finder. What if you disable your jpeg preview embed when MLRawviewer converts and compresses?
7D. 600D. Rokinon 35 cine. Sigma 30 1.4
Audio and video recording/production, Random Photography
Want to help with the latest development but don't know how to compile?

toprak

Hello,
I'm trying to install MLRV on ubuntu 14.04. Followed all steps.
Now when i try ./mlrawviewer.py i get the message : ImportError: No module named scandir
I tried many ways but impossible to install scandir.
Is anybody has an idea ?
Thanks in advance
And this is my first post
So I want to say a thank you a lot / merci beaucoup / Cok tessekkur :) for this amazing tool.

baldand

@toprak

Clone the scandir repo from:
https://github.com/benhoyt/scandir

Build and install that, and then it should work.

(You may also need to build GLFW3.1 from git - GLFW3.0 is not enough, and not everything is guaranteed to work with GLUT)

Kakiisch

Hello all!

I just want to express my gratitude to Baldand for creating such an awesome RAW workflow tool. You're a god among men, sir!

It's just mind blowing how well MLRAWviewer works and how mind numbingly straightforward it is to user ML with it. This program is the sole reason I've enthusiastically started a big free time project fully in RAW and I hope there's more to come.

Thank you for all the active forum members, as well! I wish more people would post their private test material here. The footage is always interesting to watch.

Here's some test footage I captured at our cheerleading practice earlier in the autumn (50fps 2.35:1, 5DmkIII): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czKT6YQeyTY

It's nothing special, I just slapped some twixtor (to many of the clips demise) on some of the footage and let the music roll. The action starts about halfway through.

- Kakiisch

jose_ugs

Good stuff Kakiisch... how was your cam stabilized?
Oh, and what was your shutter... 1/100 or more?

Kakiisch

QuoteGood stuff Kakiisch... how was your cam stabilized?
Oh, and what was your shutter... 1/100 or more?

The testing was done a few months ago but I'll try to recall the settings and gear as accurately as possible:

I used the Glidecam HD2000 with a Canon 50mm f1.4 at f2 - f2.8 for most of the shots. There might have been some shots with the 70-200mm 2.8L II hand held as well, I'm not entirely sure. Most of the footage was shot at 1/200. There's two reasons for this... twixtor is best used with really fast shutter speeds, but the environment wasn't exactly optimal for that due to the lighting. I think I was at 800 and 1600 ISO at all times.

I don't think it makes a huge difference anyway, with the background being so vivid and things moving in and out of frame. Twixtor goes ape shit with that kind of stuff so the shutter speed is the least of anyone's concerns.

- K

Kaspars

Hello,
first things first - the MlRawViever is really handy tool (sure, same goes for MLV raw recording capability of ML).

I would like to note a minor issue I get when exporting multiple ranges of a clip:
what ever I send as the second In/Out selction of the same clip, will result in the same file name in the queue, but the queue will effectively export only the first selection I send to the queue.

In the queue it notes correct In/Out frames for any In/Out range I send to export, but gives the same export filename (for example, all two/three/.. ranges sent to export in the queue will be written with same filename «M23-1157_000001»),
then I guess, it encounters the problem with overwriting, and continues with whatever in the queue is next and doesnt conflict with existing filenames.

When I return to the clip later (when «M23-1157_000001» is written/finished, though, I will be able to export second fragment and it will get correct filename, for example, «M23-1157_000002».

I'm running it on OS X  10.9.5, if that helps. I'm exporting to ProRes MOVs w/ C-log, from/to external drive.

Best regards,
and thank you,
baldand!

DeafEyeJedi

It would definitely help @baldand more if you are able to post log reports?

Doesn't hurt to try...

Kaspars

I guess it's quite easy to replicate,
but if it's not a general bug, - sure I could try and do a log report.

Also, regarding what baldand said on undefined fate of future updates,
I am not pushy regarding this issue. It's a treat to have it as it is!

All the best,
k.

P.S. Also, @baldand, it's frustrating to get some 20+ clip render/export queue covering half of the window (at it's original size), I would enjoy it if all the data was in a separate section or window, so that only a clear preview of video remains visible, with no overlays at all

togg

Quote from: Kaspars on December 27, 2014, 02:18:33 PM

P.S. Also, @baldand, it's frustrating to get some 20+ clip render/export queue covering half of the window (at it's original size), I would enjoy it if all the data was in a separate section or window, so that only a clear preview of video remains visible, with no overlays at all

shift+tab will hide everything :) I immagine an external window for exporting could be useful but it's not a priority.

feureau

QuoteIf you enable the stripe correction, that also includes the hot pixel detection algo. However, it will only become useful after a few frames of training, and it is not usable for tripod based scenes.

Btw, is it just me or does anyone find that the stripe correction causes vertical stripes in the noise too? It clears up the hot pixel wonderfully, but there's this weird vertical dark stripes in the noise for high ISO. This is on the 7D.

senzazn12

Anybody else have problems with pink highlights on the preview screen of MLVRAWVIEWER? It shows up after exporting to MOV as well. Using a 5D Mark III.

DeafEyeJedi

@senzazn12 -- Which nightly build are you using for the 5D3?

kyrobb

Getting the same pink highlight issue with a 50D using the latest nightly.

DeafEyeJedi

fromspain

Hi, this is a great program. But sometimes I have a problem with the resulting .mov videos. In some areas of the image burned a strange stain appears sharply demarcated. It's weird because it only appears in some specific and not all. What can be the cause? I tried it on windows 7 and windows 8.1 with the same result. I use a 5D mark III with the latest magic lantern. A greeting and thanks for developing this great program!

dhpdigital

Hi. Yep, I get the same thing. I tested this today and the out of focus background had exactly the same issue cut was bright, and on the cyan side of hue. D.

dhpdigital

Oh, and thank you for the software too :) you've done an amazing job here :)

This is today's test that worked well for me. https://vimeo.com/116058937

baldand

Regarding the bad colour in highlights: try disabling the stripe correction for those clips. That code path has a different highlight reconstruction approach which sometimes avoids this problem.