MlRawViewer 1.3.3 (CDNG/MLV/RAW Viewer & Encoder, Linux/Mac/Win)

Started by baldand, December 09, 2013, 06:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goran

Thanks baldand.
I was sure I was missing something  ;)
Perhaps it should be a future feature.

All best,
Goran

nikki

is it possible to have some sort of trash bin for unwanted takes in the future ..?

kyrobb

feureau

QuoteLossless JPEG compression - all the same data in a smaller file, just iike ZIP for your DNGs.

I've been testing some DNGs and it seems ones coming from MlRawViewer has the worst playback but top image quality. I think it may have been due to compression? Can we have some DNG options please? :D

QuoteHmmm... this is wierd. What kind of environment did you have again?
Did you try 1.4.1, and if so was that also slow?
What kind of directory structure do you have - lots of DNGs?
Is is slow even in a directory with just a few clips?

1.4.1 is a LOT faster. It seems 1.4.2 slows down a lot when computer is working, such as having some rendering running. I'm on Win7 x64. Tried it with some DNG-filled directory and empty directories. Also.. the scroll is inverted? Btw, I know you can click the the info for this, but, is there a shortcut to go back to the Choose a file to view screen? (maybe it's time to update the first post too?)

Btw, batch exporting seems to froze the program sometimes. Just hitting c and it freezes up. I checked the target folder and it produces an empty folder.

Also: I still can't associate .mlv with mlrawviewer. :( Anyone got any ideas?

arrinkiiii

I can't also to associate MLV fils on Win7 64 to  Mlrawviewer. One month ago wend i format my PC i have manage to do it, but after i change the versions of Mlrawviewer i never can't more to associate the MLV files.

dmilligan

Windows is terrible about screwing up file associations, esp. if the program associated with a file type changes or is moved. If you know what you're doing you can fix it by tweaking the registry. There are also lots of third party programs that will manage/fix file associations for you (since Microsoft did such a terrible job of this). See the first answer to this stack exchange question: http://superuser.com/questions/33651/why-cant-change-the-default-program-to-open-an-extension-in-windows-7?rq=1

arrinkiiii

maestrorobertus

Hi there, thanks for that fantastic tool.
I would like to ask if EXR file format support could be done in the future.
We have a lot work getting DNG's to work in our pipeline and EXRs are much easier and flexibler to handle.
DNGs seam only to work well with AfterEffects which is currently our converter, but its still not easy to import.
I know its not the same, but a 32bit exr is small of size and still contain all the information needed.
Well at least if you consider using ML professional..

Anyway thanks for the tool, works fantastic.

N/A

I couldn't get 1.4.2 to render out anything on my 2010 MacBook last night, neither raw nor mlv to dng or mov. It seemed to work well on my 2012 27" iMac, though. I'll try to post the log after work and test some more.
Great work so far, especially with the dng compression. Now if we could only get the thumbnails to display properly again in OSX.
7D. 600D. Rokinon 35 cine. Sigma 30 1.4
Audio and video recording/production, Random Photography
Want to help with the latest development but don't know how to compile?

DeafEyeJedi

Quote from: N/A on December 05, 2014, 10:45:36 PM
I couldn't get 1.4.2 to render out anything on my 2010 MacBook last night, neither raw nor mlv to dng or mov. It seemed to work well on my 2012 27" iMac, though. I'll try to post the log after work and test some more.

Try deleting some .MDX files next to your RAW/MLV and try again.

Results?
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

N/A

Yup, deleted those, deleted the .mlrawviewer log, completely reinstalled, same problem.
7D. 600D. Rokinon 35 cine. Sigma 30 1.4
Audio and video recording/production, Random Photography
Want to help with the latest development but don't know how to compile?

DeafEyeJedi

Did you first set your export destination in prior to? Try pressing W to set your destination folder and then try exporting again.

Results?

goran

I have a question regarding entire directory of .raw files.
Pressing C should export entire directory of files with current settings.
With 1.4.1 on 10.10.1 nothing happens.
With 1.4.2 on 10.10.1 the program hangs.

Pressing E works fine for exporting current file, however C doesn't work.

I probably am missing something...

My config:

OS X 10.10.1
16GB RAM
512 SSD
AMD Radeon 6750 with 1GB of RAM

Thanks,
Goran

goran

My bad, E doesn't work either!

In 1.3.4 everything works just fine.

baldand

Quote from: goran on December 06, 2014, 08:32:10 AM
My bad, E doesn't work either!

In 1.3.4 everything works just fine.

Try deleting the .MRX files next to each clip you want to export.

I believe the bug in 1.4.2 is because I changed to using relative paths for the audio file, but didn't check all the cases where old absolute paths must be converted to relative

Piotruchna

Quote from: baldand on December 06, 2014, 11:10:25 AM

I believe the bug in 1.4.2 is because I changed to using relative paths for the audio file, but didn't check all the cases where old absolute paths must be converted to relative
Hey man it did solve my problem, thanks!!!  :D :D :D

rgilman

I haven't been able to export on my macs with either 1.4.1 or 1.4.2. The log file shows:

MlRawViewer v1.4.2
(c) Andrew Baldwin & contributors 2013-2014
No handlers could be found for logger "OpenGL.arrays.numpymodule"
Using GLFW
Loading '/Users/Robert/Desktop/100EOS7D/M28-0711.MLV'
/Users/Robert/Desktop/100EOS7D/M28-0711.WAV /Users/Robert/Desktop/100EOS7D/M28-0711.WAV
None
MOV export to '/Users/Robert/Desktop/PRout/M28-0711_000001' started
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/andrew/Projects/mlrawviewer/build/mlrawviewer_mac/out00-PYZ.pyz/ExportQueue", line 582, in doExportMov
  File "/Users/andrew/Projects/mlrawviewer/build/mlrawviewer_mac/out00-PYZ.pyz/ExportQueue", line 627, in processExportMov
  File "/Users/andrew/Projects/mlrawviewer/build/mlrawviewer_mac/out00-PYZ.pyz/posixpath", line 75, in join
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'startswith'
Export job failed:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/andrew/Projects/mlrawviewer/build/mlrawviewer_mac/out00-PYZ.pyz/ExportQueue", line 205, in run
  File "/Users/andrew/Projects/mlrawviewer/build/mlrawviewer_mac/out00-PYZ.pyz/ExportQueue", line 228, in nextJob
  File "/Users/andrew/Projects/mlrawviewer/build/mlrawviewer_mac/out00-PYZ.pyz/ExportQueue", line 589, in doExportMov
AttributeError: 'ExportQueue' object has no attribute 'encoderProcess'

I get the same pattern on a Mac Pro with 10.9 and a MacBook Pro with 10.10.

Any suggests would be welcome.

DeafEyeJedi

Did you read two posts up from earlier up above?

rgilman

Yes. Sorry that I didn't indicate that I deleted the .MRX files. Still no change in the result or in the two errors in the log:
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'starts with'
AttributeError: 'ExportQueue' object has no attribute 'encoderProcess'

Also, I had this issue with 1.4.1 as well.

DeafEyeJedi

Did you first set your destination point for your output?

Try pressing W to set your export destination...

Also check to see if it's not paused accidentally by pressing Y...

Results?

rgilman

Thanks for your quick replies. I did set the destination to a new empty folder before the failed export using W. I also checked with Y before the failed export. I think I'm covered on those parts of the procedure, but you never know so I appreciate your asking.

The .raw and .mlv files I've tried to export were recorded on a 7D as tests with a slow card. They play in MlRawViewer but may have issues. I will try again in a few days with a Lexar 1066 64GB card.

I was hoping someone here would look at the log and say, "Oh yeah, on Macs you need to ..." but it sounds like there is nothing that obvious in those error codes.

DeafEyeJedi

Well just stand by and hopefully @baldand will get back to you shortly since unfortunately I cannot read the log file you sent.

AMPhoto

Hi everybody, this is my first post on ML community  :)
Thanks for developing this useful and amazing software. I've discovered it today and decided to try it.
I'm a professional photographer and I'm almost new to video RAW (of course I understand the basics of this)
I've recorded a MLV file with my 5D Mark II.
Installed MLRawViewer in a folder and I succesfully open the MLV file. It plays very smooth on my HP Elitebook (i5, 8Gb DDR3, AMD HD6470, SSD+Hitach 7k RPM 2,5 1tb, Windows 8.1 x64). But I can't export anything.
I've set IN and OUT marks, I've set a location for exporting in MOV with W key. But the browser windows looks not clear to me. I've folders, and it's okay, but how to confirm I want to export to the current directory? Enter key enters the directory, ESC close the software. I can click just the cross near the path, top left of the window.
And, most important, I can't export anything. I press the E key and nothing happens.Sometimes appears the text of the exporting process but it does nothing and keep at 0.00%.

Here is a screenshot of the window and the log file to debug.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rjw28gby6vqzko9/mlrawviewer.log?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vhd0ommot4vwu2e/mlrawviewer.JPG?dl=0

Thanks in advance for the help :)

DeafEyeJedi

If that doesn't work -- Maybe try pressing Y to 'unpause' it somehow?

Results?