MlRawViewer 1.3.3 (CDNG/MLV/RAW Viewer & Encoder, Linux/Mac/Win)

Started by baldand, December 09, 2013, 06:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scatsy

bluewater

Would it be possible to include noise reduction function or sharpen function ? thanx

baldand

Quote from: bluewater on October 07, 2014, 06:58:14 AM
Would it be possible to include noise reduction function or sharpen function ? thanx

Those would be possible to do
But I don't currently plan to do them.
Code contributions gratefully accepted.

DeafEyeJedi

Once again another great update from @baldand -- I'm enjoying MLRawViewer more than ever. If I'm not wrong but it seems to be running more smoothly and doesn't lag as much as it used to do. This is one of the best tools for those who are in tight timing space and need to get ProRes or DNG's ASAP... looking forward to more updates in the near future!

THANKS!

;D

*edit*

Actually I just tried exporting as .MOV and apparently it won't recognize the format via Quicktime nor Premiere Pro as well. Worked fine on 1.2.3 but not for 1.3.2 unless I'm missing something...

Thoughts?
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

DeafEyeJedi

the .mov files came out looking like this... (although I did exported twice just to make sure)

anyone else experiencing the similar issue that I am dealing with?

simulacro

That's happening also to me... the .mov videos have that strange motion.

I'm working on a 2009 macbook pro with Mountain Lion installed, last program version 1.3.2.
From 15 clips there is one (1.3 gb size .raw -son of batch program exports fine-) that doesn't show in the program interface, only a black screen without any controls...

the others look ok but when I make a batch export the program generates empty folders or with one or two dng's

edit: now after restarting MLRV, the program is generating all the dng's. The behavior creating empty foldres occurred after a .mov batch conversion

Beautiful program, thanks a lot

simulacro

Camera raw doesn't recognize the dng's, I'm working in After Effects CS5, Camera Raw  6.0

"Photoshop File Format error 30505"

--

Lightroom 4 shows them beautifully

simulacro

There is another issue with the cdng in Adobe Lightroom:

I exported a dng sequence with Son Of Batch. In Lightroom there is an option to choose the camera profile and the VisionLog option works ok with the dng's created with Son of Batch

When I load in Lightroom the cdng's created by MLRV, the program doesn't let you choose the VisionLog option in the Camera Profile (in the Camera Calibration Panel). There is only the option "embedded"

baldand

Ok, thanks for the bug reports. I'll try to take a look at them

(It would also be helpful for people to shout if everything is working ok for them with 1.3.2 so I can know what IS working)

Danne

OSX macbook pro 15 inch 2013 Mavericks

Working
Viewing from raw to mlv files (J,K) working(raw to folders with dng files, not working)
Files plays smooth in mlrawviever
File size smaller, yeey
Files works in ACR adobe CS6
Files works in after effects CS6
Opens up in davinc resolve

Bugs
Going from raw to folders with dng not working
New dng files not readable with older mlrawviewer(1.2.3)
Initially audio would,t attach to the picture when viewing exported dng:s. Now working. Can,t reproduce the problem
Your app don,t like folder named with Ä,Ö,Å :). Makes the app not open.

Gotta go to work, more test later on...
Thanks for everything.

DeafEyeJedi

Hello @Baldand -- I did some more testing today with 1.3.2...

OSX Macbook Pro 15 inch 2006 10.9.5

I think what caused the weird focus movements from my previous video was caused by Exporting All Files with Current Settings (Press C) and then I tried another test whereas I just export as a single file (same video below) which came out just fine... could this be a bug?

simulacro

the batch conversion is doing some weird stuff on my vids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIo6WKJvwSU&feature=youtu.be

apart from the funky motion, this is a clip untouched from the conversion. What it means its that the program is joining in one clip the end of one clip and the beginning of the next. There are also those strange colors that sometimes are red dots all over the place

hateom

My issues (tested on Mavericks OS X, iMac & MacBook Pro):

1. Mouse cursor disappearing in the window region (fullscreen on and then off fixes the problem)
2. Open File Dialog opens in the background, and I need to move the main window to see it
3. Destination directory dialog opens in background as well, plus all the key actions go the the main window instead of the save dialog (cannot create new directory in it, etc)

Other than that I love this app. I use it extensively. Thanks for your efforts!

feureau

Hi

I've been having trouble doing batch conversion on a Windows 7 x64.

Using MLRawViewer 1.3.2.

After opening the first .mlv as usual and setting up the export settings, I then hit c to add the rest of the MLVs into the queue and it will start normally. But once it's done converting the first MLV, it will open the second MLV and jumps to this 188.80%  like so: http://imgur.com/McuVy40 and crash.

Here's the program detail from the crash window:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: mlrawviewer.exe
  Application Version: 0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp: 514e2c2f
  Fault Module Name: bitunpack.pyd
  Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp: 543016a3
  Exception Code: c0000005
  Exception Offset: 00001347
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

I've been getting this same error in 1.2.3 version too.

Any ideas?

Also: I can't seem to associate the MLV to MLRawViewer anymore so that I can just double click the MLV and have it open in MLRawViewer. It used to work on 1.2.3 but not anymore.

EDIT: Btw, what is the key to remove a clip from the export queue?

DeafEyeJedi

Did some more testings with DNG's exports and yet they are both still showing the pink frames. Anyone experiencing the same issue with MlRawViewer 1.3.2 on a Mac running 10.9.5?

5D3

EOS-M

DeafEyeJedi

For those who are curious... I decided to put together a rough cut of all of each .MOV export as batch (Press C) from MlRawViewer 1.3.2 and then export it as a quicktime format from Premiere Pro just so you all know what it looks like when we export as a batch as oppose to single file by file within the amazing program in mlrawviewer and all the thanks goes to @baldand!

This was all shot in RAW 1080p 24fps (along with a several 3x crop mode shots) with nightly build from Sept 27th.

p.s. Not sure why the footage turn out cropped in the last few clips towards the end of this video. Perhaps I had them in crop mode and forgot to stretch it out? But again I thought if we shoot in 3x crop mode which should still come out 1080p regardless. Weird?

baldand

@DeafEyeJedi  I have now managed to reproduce the corrupt MOVs when exporting all with the C key. Hopefully this enables me to find the cause of the problem and fix. For now I recommend not using C key in 1.3.x

Regarding the pink frames in the Mac DNG Preview - that is a known issue with MacOS - it cannot correctly show DNGs that use lossless compression (instead you just see that kind of corrupt pink image chopped down the middle). As far as I know, all full DNG handling programs (e.g. Adobe ACR, Resolve, anything based on dcraw) should handle compressed DNGs without problems.

swinxx

@baland
one question,
does the mlrawviewer has a bad pixel detection implemented for converting mlv to dng?
i had a problem with bad pixels in some mlv shots (with mlrawviewer and mlvfs) and they are still there after conversion.
dmilligan just told me that he had to adjust the threshold of that algo, perhaps this would also be useful for the mlrawviewer?
hope that a1ex and you are implementing a tuned 5d mk3 vertical stripes correction soon too :)
thank you very much. greets. swinxx.

kyrobb

Was thinking that a built in Pink Dot Remover tool for 650D and 700D could be very useful in future versions, if at all possible.

DeafEyeJedi

@baldand -- Thanks for the clarification on that part with the DNG's exports regarding Mac's. However, Once I tried to uninstall 1.3.2 and install 1.2.3 and now whenever I try to run it... nothing pops up like as if I didn't install it properly but I know I did.

Thoughts?

I completely uninstalled with CleanMyMac 2. Not sure if that actually gets the job done?

Thanks again!

**This is what is happening every time I open the app to try and run it...

anandkamal

Hi friends, Does MLRawviewer 1.2.3 or any version change the .mlv file characteristics (permanently)? Because the pink horizontal line problem that I am facing for a couple of months now seems to arise after being played in MLRawviewer. That pink strand is present in cdng extracts too and also seen in rendered output from editing or color correction software. The same file I had as a backup in another folder, when played for the first time in MLRawviewer did not show the pink lines. This is not always true as I also see pink lines in some first time opened mlv footage too. I use mlrawviewer a lot as i see 50-100 footage as rushes daily.

So just wanted to know if the viewer changes the characteristics of mlv file permanently. I am using april 2014 build ML, MLrawviewer1.2.3 and raw2cdng 1.6.1.

baldand

Quote from: anandkamal on October 12, 2014, 11:30:29 AM
Hi friends, Does MLRawviewer 1.2.3 or any version change the .mlv file characteristics (permanently)? Because the pink horizontal line problem that I am facing for a couple of months now seems to arise after being played in MLRawviewer. That pink strand is present in cdng extracts too and also seen in rendered output from editing or color correction software. The same file I had as a backup in another folder, when played for the first time in MLRawviewer did not show the pink lines. This is not always true as I also see pink lines in some first time opened mlv footage too. I use mlrawviewer a lot as i see 50-100 footage as rushes daily.

So just wanted to know if the viewer changes the characteristics of mlv file permanently. I am using april 2014 build ML, MLrawviewer1.2.3 and raw2cdng 1.6.1.

No. MlRawViewer opens all source files in read-only mode and does no write operations on the MLV files. Per-clip settings are saved into a separate ".MRX" file alongside the source file.

If you are not using MlRawViewer for the CDNG conversion, then it's safe to say it has nothing to do with the problem you are seeing.

baldand

Quote from: DeafEyeJedi on October 12, 2014, 05:27:05 AM
@baldand -- Thanks for the clarification on that part with the DNG's exports regarding Mac's. However, Once I tried to uninstall 1.3.2 and install 1.2.3 and now whenever I try to run it... nothing pops up like as if I didn't install it properly but I know I did.

Thoughts?

Find the hidden ".mlrawviewer" folder in your home directory (it's probably easiest with the command line). Send me the "mlrawviewer.log" file in there to see if the cause of the problem can be diagnosed.

Then delete the contents of the folder, and everything should work ok again.

arrinkiiii

Hi,

Long time didn't  tried MlRawViewer and now that i tried i run in 2 problems and maybe some one here in the forum can help me on this.

1- I have to format  my main disk and install everything from new. I have install Premiere CC 2014 and now the MOV files that came out of MlRawViewer can't be read from Premiere. I have install Quick Time Pro but still can't read them. Do i need to install any kind of codec?   

2- I was waiting for the version with stripes/noise removing tool and there it is, thanks =))  So i went to my MLV files to process them again and remove the noise. But i encounter one problem, especial with one clip. Where the highlight blow, it come out blue... the older DNG's are ok but with this new version it come like this. What is better to send for analyze? Maybe one DNG extract from the new and other DNG from the old conversion where everything is ok? For comparison?     

PC
Win 7 i5
GeForce GTX 460
8GB Ram

Thnaks =)

baldand

Quote from: arrinkiiii on October 12, 2014, 01:37:19 PM
Hi,

Long time didn't  tried MlRawViewer and now that i tried i run in 2 problems and maybe some one here in the forum can help me on this.

1- I have to format  my main disk and install everything from new. I have install Premiere CC 2014 and now the MOV files that came out of MlRawViewer can't be read from Premiere. I have install Quick Time Pro but still can't read them. Do i need to install any kind of codec?   

2- I was waiting for the version with stripes/noise removing tool and there it is, thanks =))  So i went to my MLV files to process them again and remove the noise. But i encounter one problem, especial with one clip. Where the highlight blow, it come out blue... the older DNG's are ok but with this new version it come like this. What is better to send for analyze? Maybe one DNG extract from the new and other DNG from the old conversion where everything is ok? For comparison?     

PC
Win 7 i5
GeForce GTX 460
8GB Ram

Thnaks =)

Re 1:

What version was this - 1.3.2 (the "testing" version), or 1.2.3 (the "stable" version) ?
If 1.3.2, did you convert multiple files at once using the "C" key, or just a single file?

Re 2:

2 DNGs - one made with stripe reduction on, the other with stripe reduction off. Thanks!