MlRawViewer 1.3.3 (CDNG/MLV/RAW Viewer & Encoder, Linux/Mac/Win)

Started by baldand, December 09, 2013, 06:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swinxx

another observation:
with the new version the playback of the files is stuttering. (it is the first version where this happens) it is not possible to play back the files smooth.
with an older version it works as expected.

greets.

baldand

@swinxx re stripes you should try with 1.2.3 also to see if it looks the same there. re the performance, is that only on the Macbook with Intel, or is it also slow on something with a discrete GPU?

swinxx

hello baland

i have tested, and it sadly doesn´t work!
here i uploaded one dng - converted with mlrawviewer, and one with mlvfs (which is working as far as i can see)
https://copy.com/Rxmwj8VD10hKcrNz

baldand

Couldn't really see the problem with those samples. But if MLVFS is working that's great :-)

(MlRawViewer stripe correction is more tuned for 7D stripes than 5d3)

swinxx

hi baland,

dont get me wrong.. i have checked it again and you are right. it is cancelling vertical stripes when turned on. but when i look deeper, i can see the stripes. i will mark one area within the next upload here:mlvs is different, there are no stripes no matter how exactly i try to check it.

optik

How do i make this happen on 10.9.5?  post#914
Can't seem to find file at all i really need to delete some LUT is making MlRawViewer Super slow to load?
Short explanation or link would be awesome. Loving this app Great job

Can't find how to remove imported LUTs on Mac? I'm imported too many, and now try to remove some of them.

You have to go to the hidden ".mlrawviewer" folder in your home folder and delete the lut3d file. This will purge all 3D LUTs.
There is no way at the moment to remove individual ones, just the whole bunch! :-[
Canon 5D Mark III, Canon 24-105mm F4, Canon 50mm F1.4, Nikkor 35mm f/1.4 AI-s, Tokina AT-X 16-28mm F2.8 Pro FX, 2 Lexar 1000x 64GB, Kumputer Bay 1000x 64GB, FCPX, Nuke, Modo, AE,
DaVinci

swinxx

@baland:
Would it be possible to include a 5d mk3 tuned vertical stripes correction too? Thx

togg

Noob questions. Why the dng obteined with rawmagiclite are brighter? Someone has tried the new compressed dng? Are there some serious quality loss when playing with colours?

baldand

Quote from: swinxx on October 03, 2014, 10:54:43 AM
@baland:
Would it be possible to include a 5d mk3 tuned vertical stripes correction too? Thx

It's quite unlikely at this point.

baldand

Quote from: togg on October 03, 2014, 02:01:27 PM
Noob questions. Why the dng obteined with rawmagiclite are brighter? Someone has tried the new compressed dng? Are there some serious quality loss when playing with colours?

Can't comment on the brightness.

The compression is lossless. There is no quality loss.

swinxx

@ baland:
Is the problem lack of time, code complexity or the fact that you dont need it?
Your tool is so great - a must for all owners with ml cams. Never heared that the code must be optimized for a special cam,
So tell us how we can make the unlikely happen? Greets

baldand

Quote from: swinxx on October 03, 2014, 02:13:45 PM
@ baland:
Is the problem lack of time, code complexity or the fact that you dont need it?
Your tool is so great - a must for all owners with ml cams. Never heared that the code must be optimized for a special cam,
So tell us how we can make the unlikely happen? Greets

I only have a 7D, so naturally it's optimised for the problems I had on my own camera. The whole tool is designed to "scratch my own itches", and then shared in case it's useful for others.
There are no other primary contributors to the code right now, though I would a welcome anybody with the skills and time to contribute new features.

swinxx

so dear baland,

i can fully understand and it is really great that you share such a great tool with all the others for mac/win/lin world. perhaps a1ex can help here? he has made that correction code.. perhaps we can ask HIM :) if he would help us with this specific optimization?
would that help?
thx.

togg

Waa half the size and no quality loss! Great, thanks!
The brightness change is not so important after all, it must be something code related that doesn't impact quality.

Danne

Hi Andrew.
DNG compression works :). Glad to see this. Will this affect conversion speed?

Playback stuttery now.
creating new folder doesn,t work.

Big thanks.

togg

It seems to me that yes, it's slower. But without multithread (that it's difficult to implement if I remember it right) this is the max.
For me the only thing is the hot pixel removal, it seems to not have any effect (watching the dng in resolve), if it would be possible to make it effective it would be really useful.

baldand

I tracked down the cause of the playback performance regression now and should have a fix out in a couple of days. It was a side effect of changes made to support the histogram.

Kakiisch

Hi,

First off, thank you for developing such an awesome RAW workflow enhancer!

I've been playing around with the MlRawViewer for a few days now and everything was incredibly smooth until the last test I did which left me helpless. I was recording my RAW files as per usual and put them on my PC. I fired up MLRV, fiddled with the settings and tried to export the footage (one 20sec file with 50fps and one 25sec file with 25fps). MLRV just creates the .WAV-files to the specified directory for both MLVs (e.g. M04-1508.WAV + M04-1508_00.WAV for one file) and then stops the export at 0.00%.

What to do?

baldand

Quote from: Kakiisch on October 04, 2014, 03:03:29 PM
Hi,

First off, thank you for developing such an awesome RAW workflow enhancer!

I've been playing around with the MlRawViewer for a few days now and everything was incredibly smooth until the last test I did which left me helpless. I was recording my RAW files as per usual and put them on my PC. I fired up MLRV, fiddled with the settings and tried to export the footage (one 20sec file with 50fps and one 25sec file with 25fps). MLRV just creates the .WAV-files to the specified directory for both MLVs (e.g. M04-1508.WAV + M04-1508_00.WAV for one file) and then stops the export at 0.00%.

What to do?

Things to check
1. Check the export directory is valid. Press W and select a folder
2. If export still stays on 0%, press Y in case you have paused the exporting process
3. Find the log file and send to me. Look in your home folder for the hidden ".mlrawviewer" folder, and find mlrawviewer.log inside that.

baldand

Quote from: togg on October 04, 2014, 09:31:48 AM
It seems to me that yes, it's slower. But without multithread (that it's difficult to implement if I remember it right) this is the max.
For me the only thing is the hot pixel removal, it seems to not have any effect (watching the dng in resolve), if it would be possible to make it effective it would be really useful.

Do you have the stripe correction on (X in the stripes icon)?

If so, and that doesn't work, could you share with me a short sample MLV that shows the problem with hot pixels?

togg

Yes I have it. I'm still using RAW for the extra stability and performance, can I send you this? Do you also need the dngs that are created?

baldand

Quote from: togg on October 04, 2014, 05:40:43 PM
Yes I have it. I'm still using RAW for the extra stability and performance, can I send you this? Do you also need the dngs that are created?

.RAW is fine also, as long as it's more than say 100 frames since bad pixel correction needs a few frames to identify them.

baldand

1.3.2 now available for testing

https://bitbucket.org/baldand/mlrawviewer/downloads

Has everything 1.3.0 and 1.3.1 had, plus a few bug fixes:

- The major performance regression in playback should be resolved
- Compressed DNG export should now be a bit faster on dual core machines
- There was a memory leak with the compressed DNG export, now resolved

swinxx

togg

The new version speed seems back to normal. The problem with the hot pixel removal process is this one: it seems to work in the playback within the app but when I export the dng sequence and open it in Resolve the hot pixels are exactly the same. I don't know if the removal of hot pixels is some additional information put aside the dng or simply changing values but anyway Resolve is not getting it. :(

I'm uploading the raw file into mediafire, it will take 40 more minutes.

edit: I'm sending you the file.