MlRawViewer 1.3.3 (CDNG/MLV/RAW Viewer & Encoder, Linux/Mac/Win)

Started by baldand, December 09, 2013, 06:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baldand

Quote from: spnsir on September 30, 2014, 02:29:06 AM
Is there a plan to get audio sync in Resolve working?

At the moment I don't know how to do that

swinxx

i have made an feature request of that davinci resolve audio sync demand. :) rawmagic can do this, perhaps there is a spec somewhere..?

spnsir

chmee has it in raw2cdng as well... rawmagic and cdng do it in different ways (rawmagic automatically creates sequences that have audio linked in resolve... raw2cdng you have to select all the audio and append it to the video files by timecode). I know in the raw2cdng thread they discuss implementation of audio syncing for beta 3.

baldand

MlRawViewer 1.3.0 available for testing

1.3.0 is now available to try in the usual place.

Since there a few larger under-the-hood changes in this one, I gave it a new minor version number. As this is the first release in that series, you should expect to encounter some new bugs. I would appreciate it if you can take the time to report any *new* problems you find with clear instructions for reproducing & log files where possible, either here or to the bitbucket issues list.

Main features:

• S-Log, S-Log2, C-Log and Log-C curves & 1D LUTs contributed by ToS_Maverick
  • Better CDNG playback support. 12bit & compressed DNGs should be supported, including BMPCC & 7Q/FS700
  • Exported DNGs are now losslessly compressed. This makes them roughly 50% of the old uncompressed 16bit DNGs. One downside of this is broken previews in Mac because it can't view compressed DNGs correctly (Same is seen with BMPCC DNGs)
  • RGB Histogram -> Press Shift-H or click the box on right to toggle
  • Imported 3D LUTs can be deleted with Shift-3 key

Features that did NOT make it in yet:

• JPEG/TIFF/ProRes422 export
  • The disappearing mouse cursor is still not fixed
  • Audio syncing for Resolve
  • DualISO (this will probably never happen)
  • File dialogs still appear under the main window

swinxx

whow, i think i was the first one who downloaded it.

thank you for your hard work baland! you are great!

however, the program is not working for me,
i have copied it onto my desktop (mac 10.9.5) and started it with a double click, then the window opens where i can choose the file, after choosing the file that window closed, but nothing happend..

i´m sorry to report that, greets. swinxx

baldand

swinxx

ok i am searching the log file, in the meantime, perhaps it has something to do with the idx file which is in the same folder..?
thx.

baldand

Possibly a path containing Unicode/accented characters? Those are often trouble...

swinxx

ah, it was an mld directory in the same directory path. i deleted it (it was empty) and now it works..
greets.

swinxx

second problem is that i can not load any 3d luts? they are not previewed.. 1d luts are previewed..

Andy600

Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

baldand

Quote from: swinxx on September 30, 2014, 11:47:01 PM
second problem is that i can not load any 3d luts? they are not previewed.. 1d luts are previewed..

Are you seeing a regression here? Were you using 3D LUTs with v1.2.3 without problems?
I don't understand the "previewed" description. You import the LUT, then it is available for use - Shift UP/Shift DOWN steps through 3D LUTs. Do you mean that the list stays empty?

Anything in the log file when you do the import?

swinxx

yes, the list stays empty - no luts available although i imported them.. :)

Danne

Hi Baldand. Gonna try the latest asap.

"DualISO (this will probably never happen)"

It would be interesting to simply have your awesome app being able to convert dual iso dng to a specific location. This would would give us raw, mlv and dual iso conversion, all in one app. Maybe there could be a specific button pointing to cr2dhr when wanting dual iso exports? Maybe this will confuse things with the app and I am totally fine with all that has been done already if you decide not implement it. 
Thank you.

baldand

Quote from: swinxx on October 01, 2014, 08:50:20 AM
yes, the list stays empty - no luts available although i imported them.. :)

Thanks! I've found and fixed the bug (in git) now. Fix will be in 1.3.1

swinxx

Thank you baland! You are top notch!
Is it possible to download that fixed version anywhere? Cause I have no idea how to compile it ;(

baldand

Quote from: swinxx on October 01, 2014, 09:26:56 PM
Thank you baland! You are top notch!
Is it possible to download that fixed version anywhere? Cause I have no idea how to compile it ;(

Yes. I uploaded 1.3.1 to the usual place with the LUT import fix for Mac and Win.

swinxx

Danne

Gotta start working with the mlrawviewer and prores a bit more. I first did this dual iso sequence in after effects and acr and the time consuming workflow is such a tragedy compared to mlrawviewer.
This is a quick edit from the files coming from mlrawviewever.

budafilms

@Baldandt
two questions

1) Can you give brief explanation - or link - about quality for the item "Exported DNGs are now losslessly compressed. This makes them roughly 50% of the old uncompressed 16bit DNGs"

2) Wich is the usual place to download - I tried the first link in the post, but is the 1.2.3

THK!

baldand

Download page is at: https://bitbucket.org/baldand/mlrawviewer/downloads

The DNG specification includes a compressed mode which uses Lossless JPEG (1992) to compress the image. This can handle any number of bits up to 16bit with no data loss, and in our case of 14bit images, it typically results in files about 50% the size of uncompressed 16bit DNGs containing the same information.

The compression ratio will be worse with noisier images, and better with clean or blurry images.

Let me know if you encounter any problems.

(The lossless JPEG code is all new - it may have bugs. I do not recommend yet archiving these DNGs and deleting the source MLV files)

swinxx

Hello Baland..
I have a question:
If i run mlrawviewer on mac, laptop 13inch with iris gpu, is it working as expected? I have noticed some heavy banding within the preview today, but have not converted the files to dng yet. But it makes no difference when turning vert stripe corr on/off...
So i thought that it could be the problem of thr iris gpu.
Thx

senzazn12

Quote from: Danne on October 02, 2014, 07:45:24 AM
Gotta start working with the mlrawviewer and prores a bit more. I first did this dual iso sequence in after effects and acr and the time consuming workflow is such a tragedy compared to mlrawviewer.
This is a quick edit from the files coming from mlrawviewever.

So you did this with MLVRAW viewer? How did you did you export to prores with the dual iso files? Would't the file still be interlaced?

Danne

First export to dng with mlrawviwer than conversion with cr2hdr20bit binary then back to mlrawviewer setting ins and outs exporting s-log prores. Works really good.