MlRawViewer 1.3.3 (CDNG/MLV/RAW Viewer & Encoder, Linux/Mac/Win)

Started by baldand, December 09, 2013, 06:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baldand

Quote from: eyeoftheabyss on September 04, 2014, 03:56:24 AM
Hey baldand, thank you for creating MlRawViewer. Unfortunately, I've only been able to open the program once on my macbook (OS X Maverick), and since then, it crashes before it opens, meaning, the icon is on the dock as if it's open, but it's not open. I've tried an older version too, the 1.2.2.

Also, I assume it'll work, so I'd like to ask this question now: Does it convert RAW and/or mlv files to cdng? And if it's an mlv file, will it create an audio file?

I think you need to find the ".mlrawviewer" folder inside your home/user folder, and then delete it. Then try reopening the app again.

It can convert RAW & MLV to CDNG, and it can also view CDNG files. It will create audio files from MLV files that contain audio.

Canon eos m

Hi BL do you plan to include the MLViewers ability to convert MLV to HVEC/ H.265 in future. I am currently reading about this codec and am fascinated about its potential.
Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)

Francis Frenkel

Hello,

How can I batch several raw files in MlrawViewer (Dng or Prores) ?

I have tried different possibilities...

- Drag and drop a group a raw file.... but noting happend...
- open a window to chooose the raw files...

Could somebody help me ?

Actually I only use MlrawViewer to play my files and choose the one I dont need (or need).

Francis
Francis Frenkel
www.ffrenkel.com

Danne

Press "C" from the chosen directory with all your files.

All key commands are in the first post
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=9560.0

baldand

Quote from: Francis Frenkel on September 06, 2014, 05:18:15 PM
Hello,

How can I batch several raw files in MlrawViewer (Dng or Prores) ?

I have tried different possibilities...

- Drag and drop a group a raw file.... but noting happend...
- open a window to chooose the raw files...

Two ways. Assuming you are using 1.2.3...

1. First open a raw or mlv file to view. Then click the "+" icon or press "E" key on keyboard. It should first ask you where to export to, or if you have done that previously it will start exporting immediately.

2. First open a file from a directory full of files. Then press "C" key. All files in the directory will be added to the export queue, and will start exporting from the top one. It will use the current colour settings for all clips unless you have viewed some of them and set some per-clip settings.

baldand

Quote from: Canon eos m on September 06, 2014, 05:46:57 AM
Hi BL do you plan to include the MLViewers ability to convert MLV to HVEC/ H.265 in future. I am currently reading about this codec and am fascinated about its potential.

It's possible since ffmpeg (which MlRawViewer uses) is integrating HEVC. But I haven't tried it, and right now it's probably not so useful due to the lack of players that can play those files.

DeafEyeJedi

Just having fun testing out the LUT's...

Special Thanks to Baldand, A1ex & eVeryone else on board!

5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

swinxx

you should def. correct your whitebalance first cause every screenshot has a orangish look.

budafilms

DeafEyeJedi

@swinxx... White balance? Probably I should have but again I was just going through each LUT to get the look of it. Each LUT can create the warm look just like how it does with film. But Thanks for the follow up.

@budafilms... share my logs? you mean LUT's?

5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

swinxx

@DeafEyeJedi: take the wb picker and click with your mouse pointer to the white shirt of the young football player :)
when the wb is correct load the 3d luts, with the 1d lut you can change different input log luts to change the curves.. should deliver different results

budafilms

Yarcher

Thanks, for this qool app!

Can't find how to remove imported LUTs on Mac? I'm imported too many, and now try to remove some of them.

ToS_Maverick

Quote from: Yarcher on September 09, 2014, 08:03:58 AM
Can't find how to remove imported LUTs on Mac? I'm imported too many, and now try to remove some of them.

You have to go to the hidden ".mlrawviewer" folder in your home folder and delete the lut3d file. This will purge all 3D LUTs.
There is no way at the moment to remove individual ones, just the whole bunch!

bwinter88

baldand,
Thank you so much for your work. This utility is invaluable. Two things:

-is there a way to set the default settings? It defaults to frame-by-frame playback but drop frame playback makes more sense for on-the-fly previewing, and it is a nuisance to have to switch every time I open a new file.

-The aspect ratio correction for 5Dmk3 60p is 1.61x, not 1.4x, curious why this is not an option?

Thanks
Ben

dpjpandone

I was using 1.1.5 on windows until yesterday, when I upgrade to 1.2.3 + Windows LUT patch.

The DNG sequences that were exported with 1.2.3 contain several duplicate frames. they are usually in clusters of about 3-4 frames (duplicate) and then 5-8 good frames, then duplicates, then good, rinse, wash, repeat....

The same MLV's convert to DNG with no problems in 1.1.5.

I was not using any lookup tables, only vertical line correction

The super-sucky part of this story is that I typically delete my MLV's after I convert them to dng.  The only way i will be able to save our production footage from two days ago is to interpolate all the missing frames....

Could have been worse. At least I caught this problem before I deleted my MLV's from yesterday....

I know better than to upgrade in the middle of a project.... The LUT's were so tempting though... couldn't resist.

Your recent improvements look very promising. I'll check back in a month or two to see if this has been resolved.  Keep up the great work!

baldand

Quote from: dpjpandone on September 10, 2014, 07:32:09 PM
The DNG sequences that were exported with 1.2.3 contain several duplicate frames. they are usually in clusters of about 3-4 frames (duplicate) and then 5-8 good frames, then duplicates, then good, rinse, wash, repeat....

Oh no, that sounds really bad!  :-(

Has anyone else seen a similar problem on Windows?

dpjpandone

dont panic, could be my fault... who knows what caused the problem. I'll upload some clips for you later.

dpjpandone

Here are some dng's:

http://www.filedropper.com/m08-1807dng000001

-I can reproduce this
-My graphics card in intel HD 4600
-PC it happened on is intel core5 8 gb ram, Win 7, based on asus motherboard, I wish i could give you complete specs, I'll try to reproduce it on my laptop as well to rule out  hardware.

dpjpandone

here is an .MRX file, and the log from user/mlrawviewer: http://www.filedropper.com/mlrawviewdiagnostics

I have confirmed that this problem does not happen with MLRawViewer 1.1.5 (another app) so it is my opinion that the MLV's are fine.

After reviewing the above attachment, please let me know if you require an MLV file, (I'll have to shoot a short take that will be easy to upload)

baldand

Quote from: dpjpandone on September 11, 2014, 03:13:13 PM
here is an .MRX file, and the log from user/mlrawviewer: http://www.filedropper.com/mlrawviewdiagnostics

I have confirmed that this problem does not happen with MLRawViewer 1.1.5 (another app) so it is my opinion that the MLV's are fine.

After reviewing the above attachment, please let me know if you require an MLV file, (I'll have to shoot a short take that will be easy to upload)

Thanks for that. There was nothing obviously wrong in the log or the clip MRX file. So I'm suspecting now this is some GPU related issue.

Can you try exporting with the stripe correction turned off? Then the GPU is not involved in the DNG export process. If that works, it is most likely a GPU issue.

In that case, I suggest you try to update to the latest Intel graphics drivers you can find and see if that helps or fixes the problem - it has made a difference with some other recent Intel GPU problems on Windows.

tomekk

I've just started using this program. Is there a way to copy WB settings after I adjust them in the program? For example I set WB in one clip and want to apply it to the rest of the footage. How do you guys do it?

swinxx

H/G - Save/load current colour balance & brightness (for matching multiple takes)