MlRawViewer 1.3.3 (CDNG/MLV/RAW Viewer & Encoder, Linux/Mac/Win)

Started by baldand, December 09, 2013, 06:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baldand

Quote from: KurtAugust on August 26, 2014, 02:59:20 PM
Works great! (Well, some layering issues in the GUI, but as I understand there isn't much you can do about it. Perhaps just tell it to put the dialog windows behind the video, and it will show it correctly  :) )

Good to hear. Thanks for testing it.

My eventual plan is to integrate all those dialogs into the main view rather than have them as stand-alone windows. Then there won't be any stacking order problems. But it's going to take a bit of effort to get the file dialogs to a similar level of functionality because I can't reuse any standard code for that.

TTGator

I have 1.2.2 installed on Mac and have a question about skipping to the next .RAW file in the directory. The first page states:

Jump to next/previous RAW or MLV files in same directory as current file using O/P keys.

It also says later that I/O control input/output points, and that seems to be accurate. Is there really a way to jump between files in the same directory to view them? Because that would be awesome :)

EDIT: Oh I see that it's J/K as stated in the full list of keys. Kept missing it somehow. I think the Feature list needs to be corrected though ;)

baldand

Quote from: TTGator on August 26, 2014, 04:10:05 PM
EDIT: Oh I see that it's J/K as stated in the full list of keys. Kept missing it somehow. I think the Feature list needs to be corrected though ;)

Well spotted. It's fixed now.

KurtAugust

Would it be a good idea to include the shortcuts in the application itself as a help file of some sorts? I need to switch back to either a browser or text file a lot to doublecheck I'm not entering a wrong command on a crucial moment.

Perhaps I'm trying to do too much tasks simultaneously.

It will become even more helpful as there will be more and more different versions floating around on people's computers.
www.kurtaugustyns.com @HetRovendOog

kyrobb

The built in Log Luts are amazing! Having Log5-16 like that is great! Would it be possible to add 1-4 though? Could be useful when combining with other Luts.

baldand

Quote from: kyrobb on August 27, 2014, 01:49:47 AM
The built in Log Luts are amazing! Having Log5-16 like that is great! Would it be possible to add 1-4 though? Could be useful when combining with other Luts.

Interesting idea. I generated those to try (along with all the other built in LUTs as .cube files).
Just import the Log1-4.cube files with the Shift-L Import LUT option. Let us know if they seem useful!

https://bitbucket.org/baldand/mlrawviewer/downloads/MlRawViewer_LUTS_1_0.zip

Danne

Awesome. Thanks for the additional luts. Where are they stored? Might wanna erase the ones that are not used.

baldand

LUTs are stored in 2 files under your $HOME\.mlrawviewer\ dir - names are lut1d and lut3d

Until better LUT choice and management is done (in a later version), your only option for now is to delete either of those files. Next time you run the program the default version (e.g. containing default 1D LUTs) will be recreated without any of the user LUTs you imported.

ToS_Maverick

Quote from: kyrobb on August 27, 2014, 01:49:47 AM

Just FYI, the number indicates roughly the amount of DR/stops in the picture. The 8 stop variant (Log 8 ) seems to be the sweet spot for capturing most of the Canon sensor's dynamic range vs the noise and also seems to work well with ProRes. If you use a more contrasty log curve, you can get away with more compression (ProRes 422 for example).

Danne

kyrobb

Thank you for the files baldand! Much appreciated! And thanks for the info Maverick. It works like I hoped! I can leave sRGB on and then push the blacks if necessary with the Log1-4 Luts. This little program is amazing!

csound

Thanks Baldand great program. I've noticed full screen toggle seems to be cropping the image.

rrrmusic

Where is the LUT location in MAC?. I want to replace them with the Osiris LUT's

baldand

Quote from: rrrmusic on August 28, 2014, 05:39:25 AM
Where is the LUT location in MAC?. I want to replace them with the Osiris LUT's

Use the LUT import dialogue, find the LUTs on your file system, and select them all. Then they should be available for use.

baldand

Quote from: csound on August 28, 2014, 05:03:41 AM
I've noticed full screen toggle seems to be cropping the image.

What resolution are your videos, and what resolution is your display? Do they have a different aspect ratio? Are they clipped on the sides, or top/bottom?

rrrmusic

Yes I use Shift L and import some ones after that press Shift and right or left arrow but only applies the default ones.
???

baldand

Those are 3D LUT, so use Shift-UP/DOWN
Quote from: rrrmusic on August 28, 2014, 06:12:17 AM
Yes I use Shift L and import some ones after that press Shift and right or left arrow but only applies the default ones.
???

rrrmusic

Yes thank you! Amazing Job. Import osiris luts export to prores without problems. Wohooo :)

baldand

Quote from: rrrmusic on August 28, 2014, 07:12:01 AM
Import osiris luts export to prores without problems. Wohooo :)

Great to hear that works!

I guess you used a 1D Log LUT first - which variants seems good for use with the Osiris LUTs?

It would be nice to see some samples of the kind of output you can get with this combination.

csound

[What resolution are your videos, and what resolution is your display? Do they have a different aspect ratio? Are they clipped on the sides, or top/bottom?]

video resolution is 1920 x 1080 display 2560 x 1440 iMac 27inch

the image is cropping quite a bit on the right hand side

csound

Quote from: baldand on August 28, 2014, 06:08:44 AM
What resolution are your videos, and what resolution is your display? Do they have a different aspect ratio? Are they clipped on the sides, or top/bottom?

video resolution is 1920 x 1080 display 2560 x 1440 iMac 27inch

the image is cropping quite a bit on the right hand side

(sorry just figured how to use quote function .. :o)

swinxx

Mkolaj

Hi,

I am using the new surface pro 3 and the app crashes (closes immediately) whenever I try to open MLV file. Doesn't matter if I drag the file or open it via the app.

The logs say:

Using GLFW
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "c:\Projects\MRV\build\mlrawviewer_win\out00-PYZ.pyz\GLComputeGLFW", line 304, in __draw
  File "<string>", line 986, in onDraw
  File "<string>", line 969, in init
  File "<string>", line 255, in __init__
  File "<string>", line 111, in __init__
  File "c:\Projects\MRV\build\mlrawviewer_win\out00-PYZ.pyz\ShaderPreprocess", line 177, in __init__
  File "c:\Projects\MRV\build\mlrawviewer_win\out00-PYZ.pyz\GLCompute", line 76, in __init__
  File "c:\Projects\MRV\build\mlrawviewer_win\out00-PYZ.pyz\OpenGL.GL.shaders", line 196, in compileProgram
  File "c:\Projects\MRV\build\mlrawviewer_win\out00-PYZ.pyz\OpenGL.GL.shaders", line 108, in check_validate
RuntimeError: Validation failure (0):
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 2086, in <module>
  File "<string>", line 2080, in main
  File "c:\Projects\MRV\build\mlrawviewer_win\out00-PYZ.pyz\GLComputeGLFW", line 247, in run
  File "c:\Projects\MRV\build\mlrawviewer_win\out00-PYZ.pyz\GLComputeGLFW", line 336, in __idle
  File "<string>", line 1355, in onIdle
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'isDirty'

Danne

I,m sure many of you know this already but if you like to create your own luts it,s a piece of cake in davinci resolve lite. Just tried, and it worked splendidly. Thanks Andrew. Workflow in raw is faster than h.264 now :).

http://makingitcompatible.blogspot.se/2013/07/creating-custom-lut-in-davinci-resolve.html

KurtAugust

Oh, wow, that's really cool, I hadn't realized. This is becoming such a good tool to deliver edit files.
Imagine shooting something raw and then being able to deliver edit one-pass color corrected files quite easily (mlv-->lut-->prores) while you are sleeping. You couldn't imagine this a year ago (on a shoestring budget).

I will definitely create some lut's for basic color correction.
www.kurtaugustyns.com @HetRovendOog