MlRawViewer 1.3.3 (CDNG/MLV/RAW Viewer & Encoder, Linux/Mac/Win)

Started by baldand, December 09, 2013, 06:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidSh

Quote from: gary2013 on March 27, 2014, 05:43:06 PM
I am not sure if this has been covered, but is there some way in your app to eliminate the pink dots we get on the M camera using raw or mlv files?
also here,
when i used dual iso on 600d i used to have pink dots, mlviewer solved this issue...

BTW:
Batch convert to cdng or prores will take this app great step forward.

best
David
600D | 5D3 | macOS Sierra | http://www.GentleDogMovie.com

gary2013

Quote from: DavidSh on March 27, 2014, 05:58:52 PM
also here,
when i used dual iso on 600d i used to have pink dots, mlviewer solved this issue...

BTW:
Batch convert to cdng or prores will take this app great step forward.

best
David
PDR is solved? how is it being done?

DavidSh

I really don't know... but i don't have pink dots when i use mlrawviewer to convert my dual iso mlv files.
600d.

gary2013

Quote from: gary2013 on March 26, 2014, 03:01:23 PM
I would think that the LE indicates it is the Light Edition so it would then not be 422 HQ. I personally, would want to use 444 since we are coming form a raw file that is 14 bit. One of the main reasons for shooting raw is to have better color grading with the larger amount of data it records. Seems silly to throw all the data away after shooting raw. Yes, the files from 444 are larger, but so what when we now can buy a 4 TB drive for $157 or a 2 TB drive for $80.
BUMP.  anybody?

DavidSh

If this guys had mlv instead of raw it would be great...
but i think it is a nice referent for mlrawViewer
http://pomfort.com/cliphouse/

the idea is being able to view a pool of the files on the sd  or cf card from the left, being able to view them on the right, convert the one that you see or batch convert all the files on the card to a destination folder.

color correction is not that important as i see when you digitize

gary2013

Quote from: DavidSh on March 27, 2014, 06:57:35 PM
If this guys had mlv instead of raw it would be great...
but i think it is a nice referent for mlrawViewer
http://pomfort.com/cliphouse/

the idea is being able to view a pool of the files on the sd  or cf card from the left, being able to view them on the right, convert the one that you see or batch convert all the files on the card to a destination folder.

color correction is not that important as i see when you digitize
Please indicate that this competing app for sale is only for Mac so Windows people do not waste time trying to get the demo and give out info with our email addresses for nothing.

Midphase

Quote from: gary2013 on March 27, 2014, 07:13:19 PM
Please indicate that this competing app for sale is only for Mac so Windows people do not waste time trying to get the demo and give out info with our email addresses for nothing.

Come on Gary...how about you read up what you're signing up for instead of blaming someone for posting about it?

Pomfort Cliphouse has been around for a long time, in my tests it's clunky and never played back more than a couple of frames at a time. The guys who make it never quite had a response as to why the issue is happening, and if I can't get a good sense of how well the app works from a demo, I'm not going to buy it.

gary2013

Quote from: Midphase on March 27, 2014, 08:06:13 PM
Come on Gary...how about you read up what you're signing up for instead of blaming someone for posting about it?

Pomfort Cliphouse has been around for a long time, in my tests it's clunky and never played back more than a couple of frames at a time. The guys who make it never quite had a response as to why the issue is happening, and if I can't get a good sense of how well the app works from a demo, I'm not going to buy it.
Come on Mid, you can't expect everyone to know what you know. I never heard of it before and I research a lot. Probably more than most people ever do. You are probably a Mac guy, so of course you have heard of it. I bet you are more upset about something being said about Mac rather than just my request for a warning, which most people usually do. -_) Or you wouldn't have said anything. I am a PC and Mac person since the first PC and the first Mac. I am currently only PC. My post was not against Mac, just that I wasted time and handed out personal info for something that could have been avoided from a simple sentence of, BTW, it is only for Mac.

Midphase

All I'm saying is that before you sign up for something, that you look at the specs and make sure that it fits your system.

For instance, I'm still running 10.8.4 on my main machine, so I have to carefully read to make sure that my specs fit the required minimums or I'm wasting my time. So that means no Red Giant Universe for me!

gary2013

Quote from: Midphase on March 27, 2014, 10:14:50 PM
All I'm saying is that before you sign up for something, that you look at the specs and make sure that it fits your system.

For instance, I'm still running 10.8.4 on my main machine, so I have to carefully read to make sure that my specs fit the required minimums or I'm wasting my time. So that means no Red Giant Universe for me!
you're right. I was moving too fast to get the download started.

Dreamer

Quote from: gary2013 on March 27, 2014, 06:16:05 PM
BUMP.  anybody?

Quote from: baldand on March 19, 2014, 04:38:39 PM
The ffmpeg argument currently is "-vcodec prores_ks -profile:v 3". The colour format that uses is YUV444 10bit. The quality is quite high, and of course it's using (slow/expensive) AMaZE for demosaicing.

Quote from: Dreamer on March 26, 2014, 09:38:33 AM
I opened it in VLC.  It reads it as ProRes 4:4:4 YUV 10-bit LE.  Based on comments from baldand, this is the most accurate answer.

Gary, the question of what ProRes has been answered by both baldand and myself.  What more do you wish to know?

edufiend

Hey guys, congrats on the app, works great. I skimmed through the thread and couldn't find anyone asking this so sorry if I missed it: I'm using the new 1.2.3 ML for the Mark iii and managed to get about a minute of RAW video but when I tried to convert the .M00 file the MlRawViewer does not accept it, it opens up and then crashes. I'm using OS X 10.8,5 btw. Any suggestions would be appreciated, as you may have noticed, kind of a n00b in the subject, thanks!

DavidSh

Quote from: Midphase on March 27, 2014, 10:14:50 PM

mac users are minority we always read before we download.

use to be a win user for a long long time,
an IT man acutely and a programer.
So yes, people should read what they are downloading.

I love mlrawViewer it is the best thing that happened to raw on ml.

Midphase

Quote from: DavidSh on March 27, 2014, 11:47:48 PM

MLRawViewer is great, but you should take a look at what Thomas Worth has in store for us with the new version of RAWMagic too!

fotosav

MlRawViewer is very nice tool! Love it!
I have a suggestion - it is very IMPORTANT for me: Add ability to embed ACR color profiles (flag ?) to DNG exported files.

I noticed when I convert MLV by mlrawviewer.exe (1.1.3) the Canon profiles are not available in "Camera Calibration" tab ("Embedded" is only available):

When I convert MLV by MLVBrowseSharp.exe the Canon profiles are available (Camera Standard, Camera Portrait, Camera Landscape, etc)!

See also:
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=11100.0

DavidSh

Quote from: Midphase on March 28, 2014, 05:41:06 AM
MLRawViewer is great, but you should take a look at what Thomas Worth has in store for us with the new version of RAWMagic too!

Looks promising,
Already watching after this topic but thanks for the update Midphase
But only thing that MlRawViewer is lack to be a great batch converter is the batch :)

maybe the two tools together is the solution.
one for on set review and the other for post studio.

about the cold pixel, pink dots whatever you would like to call them, they went away with MlRawViewer. hope RawMagic will perform the same.
BTW adobe pp cc opens the 16 bit dng quit well for editing, what exectly the problem with it?

CF

Quote from: DavidSh on March 27, 2014, 11:47:48 PM
mac users are minority we always read before we download.

use to be a win user for a long long time,
an IT man acutely and a programer.
So yes, people should read what they are downloading.

Yes, this app is fantastic !!!! Best ML RAW Converter to date !!! And gets the cDNGs right, WB-Wise, unlike RAWMagic which does not !

Cliphouse by Pomfort is great but what really beats me in that app, is that they 'left out' export to cinemaDNG !!! PR4444 is great but still truncates 2 bits off the 14 bit RAWs coming off the camera.... But once/if they implement that feature, the app is fantastic !

raffal92

This app is amazing finally resolved the dots problem on my 60d footage.... it exports in CDNG directly to premiere CC AWESOME

tonybeccar

Oh my god I just realized this is exporting to CINEMA dng... jesus!!!! Amazing!!! Is there a command line option to start encoding? I would love to incorporate it on my MLV Converter... if not, can it be added please?

Cheers!

Canon eos m

Quote from: tonybeccar on March 28, 2014, 09:33:54 PM
Oh my god I just realized this is exporting to CINEMA dng... jesus!!!! Amazing!!! Is there a command line option to start encoding? I would love to incorporate it on my MLV Converter... if not, can it be added please?

Cheers!

How do I convert to cdng or is it that the dng converted are actually cdng files. The properties section doesn't say so.
Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)

DavidSh

Quote from: Canon eos m on March 29, 2014, 04:03:38 AM
How do I convert to cdng or is it that the dng converted are actually cdng files. The properties section doesn't say so.
the dng converted are actually cdng files.

Canon eos m

I am really exited about my new  Nvidia Qodoro K2000 video card (replacing my old not so great and jerky Asus 600Ti. Why did I change? To get better viewing and converting experience on with MLViewer. The damn thing cost me US$900 to buy. It was a difficult decision to make choosing between the K2000 and the highly rated Nividia 780Ti especially since my PC is a mere i5.

But the salesman was kind. He let me run both these cards with the MLViewer running. The K2000 won hands down. The developer of MLViewer have really upped the bar and better deploying better hardware will be the only way to keep up.

Will report performance in a few days.
Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)

jose_ugs

How about those 2 compared when using Resolve, Adobe or NLE's in general? The 780 has like a ton of CUDAs

Canon eos m

I am told the K2000 has more CUDA capabilities than the 780 Ti. I will find out in the coming days. Guess should start a new thread for this topic.

Audionut

@baldand.  The link to your repository in the OP is generating a phishing attempt error in firefox.  The username before bitbucket.org needs to be removed.

https://bitbucket.org/baldand/mlrawviewer.git

Cheers.