MlRawViewer 1.3.3 (CDNG/MLV/RAW Viewer & Encoder, Linux/Mac/Win)

Started by baldand, December 09, 2013, 06:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baldand

Quote from: RAW on April 05, 2014, 08:01:01 PM
thanks for the software MLRawViewer. 

Does it remove pink/green dots for 650d?  Can it be builtin? :)

During an raw/mov export, Can video viewer/display be disable during an export just to save CPU/GPU?
Will there be waterdrop WB tool in future :) ? or I can enter the same numbers for WB so I can lock in the setting during mult clips export.
thanks

If possible please raise, vote and track the status of feature requests on bitbucket: https://bitbucket.org/baldand/mlrawviewer/issues?status=new&status=open

I'm working on the white balance and colour related features right now. The white picker might just make it to the next release. Not sure about numeric entry.

For now viewer can't be disabled during export since it is partially creating the data to export... in future (not the next release) this might change if the MOV export moves to background task.

Pink dot removal is also a possible future feature, though I don't have any camera with pink dots so I have some trouble to develop this one...

DavidSh

Quote from: baldand on April 05, 2014, 09:44:53 PM
If possible please raise, vote and track the status of feature requests on bitbucket: https://bitbucket.org/baldand/mlrawviewer/issues?status=new&status=open

I'm working on the white balance and colour related features right now. The white picker might just make it to the next release. Not sure about numeric entry.

For now viewer can't be disabled during export since it is partially creating the data to export... in future (not the next release) this might change if the MOV export moves to background task.

Pink dot removal is also a possible future feature, though I don't have any camera with pink dots so I have some trouble to develop this one...
Dear Baldand,
Thank you for this great app
Right now you are the only tool that can be used as an mlv converter to cdng on mac
Please, add batch convert.
600D | 5D3 | macOS Sierra | http://www.GentleDogMovie.com

baldand

Quote from: DavidSh on April 05, 2014, 10:13:50 PM
Dear Baldand,
Thank you for this great app
Right now you are the only tool that can be used as an mlv converter to cdng on mac
Please, add batch convert.

Just checking, but you know it's possible to queue up multiple DNG export jobs already in 1.1.3? Just load new clips with drag&drop or O/P keys, and press E to add a new item to the end of the queue.

I'm curious what additional features people would expect of a full batch mode (independantly from a browser, that is).

Danne

Is this batchworkflow working with the prores files as well??

baldand

Danne

DavidSh

Dear Baldand,

I dont know if it has a connection or not, But after trying the batch que the app stop exporting at all.
when i press on the record button nothing is happen.
I tried to uninstall and install again, restart, uninstalled other apps realated like son of a batch and rawnizer.

Still nothing happen.

DavidSh

Acting very weird...
Now after i use "w" and set export directory it export the dng but the clip is halted (jumping between two frames - weirdly)
still when just trying to export without setting an export directory nothing is happening.

Update:
Came back to  life like nothing happened.
Weird.

This is still the best app for mlv :)

DavidSh

Btw,
embed cr2hdr for dual iso will be great :)

cheers
David.

kontrakatze

Hi,
a quick question I stumbled upon yesterday. The version of Prores Mlrawviewer uses is 4:2:2 LT, isn't it? Why not 4:4:4, or would that exceed the amount of information stored within the .mlv?

Regards,
kontrakatze

Rewind

Quote from: kontrakatze on April 06, 2014, 09:27:13 AM
Hi,
a quick question I stumbled upon yesterday. The version of Prores Mlrawviewer uses is 4:2:2 LT, isn't it? Why not 4:4:4, or would that exceed the amount of information stored within the .mlv?

Regards,
kontrakatze

kontrakatze

Interesting, quicktime on my mac says prores 4.2.2. Bluerayplayer says prores 4.2.2 LT. What do I do wrong? Do I have to change any settings?

Regards,
kontrakatze

kontrakatze

I tested it again using several different apps, like apple quicktime, FCPX and DaVinci Resolve. All apps state the same, the .mov I get from MlRawViewer on my mac are all ProRes 4:2:2 (OSX 10.9.2 and MlRawViewer 1.1.3).

The picture by Rewind is made on a linux machine (?), might this be the reason for the different results?

Regards,
kontrakatze

Midphase

I do think that it's an exotic variant of ProRes 444 (which doesn't really exist in Apple's specs) so it's possible that it might be getting incorrectly defined by the likes of FCPX.

I do think though that it would be kinda neat to be able to choose the flavor of ProRes. For instance, many of us might just want to create some proxy ProRes files to edit to and do our final color timing on the CDNG's, so in that case ProRes LT or Proxy would be more than acceptable.

Thoughts?

kontrakatze

That was one of my first thoughts, too. But Bluerayplayer can not playback ProRes 4:4:4 (screen stays blue, no audio) and the files created by MlRawViewer are played back flawless. Fcpx is based on quicktime, as far as I know, therefore both show the same codec. But Davinci resolve also states, that it is 4:2:2.
By the way, the bitrate is 186.05 MBits/s @ 23,98 fps 1080p, that would be ok, or am I wrong?
Is there a pref file anywhere on macs?

Regards,
kontrakatze

baldand

MlRawViewer 1.1.4 is now available. See the top post for links and instructions: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=9560.msg91165#msg91165

Main changes since 1.1.3:
- Uses sRGB colour space instead of camera raw colour space based on matrix in RAW or MLV file
- sRGB and Rec.709 gamma curves added (defaults to sRGB)
- White balance can be picked by clicking a neutral coloured object anywhere in a frame
- White balance and brightness are written to (and read from) exported DNG files
- MOV exporting when changing resolution no longer causes image corruption
- Confirmation dialog shown when closing while exporting is ongoing
- Mark In/Out keys changed from J/K to I/O (next/prev file changed to J/K)
- Next/prev works also for CDNG sets
- DNG model metadata fixed to allow profile matching in ACR

DavidSh

Quote from: baldand on April 06, 2014, 11:42:13 PM
MlRawViewer 1.1.4 is now available. See the top post for links and instructions: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=9560.msg91165#msg91165

Main changes since 1.1.3:
- Uses sRGB colour space instead of camera raw colour space based on matrix in RAW or MLV file
- sRGB and Rec.709 gamma curves added (defaults to sRGB)
- White balance can be picked by clicking a neutral coloured object anywhere in a frame
- White balance and brightness are written to (and read from) exported DNG files
- MOV exporting when changing resolution no longer causes image corruption
- Confirmation dialog shown when closing while exporting is ongoing
- Mark In/Out keys changed from J/K to I/O (next/prev file changed to J/K)
- Next/prev works also for CDNG sets
- DNG model metadata fixed to allow profile matching in ACR
Thank you Baldand for all this hard work and for keep update MlRawViewer.

1. still loosing mouse  cursor on hover over vid
2. application halt or closed when clicking choose using "w" for export destination.
3. it looks like the new wb works o.k but i am going blind with no cursor visible over vid window.
4. at last acr open dng with correct wb :) thank you

update:
now mouse cursor is back, it looks like it came back after i went full screen but i cant be sure. also loosing mouse after resize app window. it came back after clicking out of the app window and clicking it again from dock.

osx mavericks.

Thanks again.
David

Danne

Nice work! All works except the whitebalance picker. I click and click but nothing is changed. Maybe I have too neutral clips.
I,m on macbook pro osx 15,5 retina  geforce nvidia.
Thanks again!

RAW

thanks baldand
Quote from: baldand on April 05, 2014, 09:44:53 PM

swinxx

Hi Baland!

thank you for such a great program and for that continuous progress!
every update is so great! unbelievable! Baland, i really appreciate your effort, cause you make MLV useful!
THANK YOU!

so, now here is my feedback.

- i have also the problem with the cursor (macbook pro 13 inch), it sometimes disappears when hovering over.
- the new color spaces look great, i think it is a huge step in the right direction. the possibility to apply luts would be great, but in my opinion not absolutly necessary.
- is the whitebalance really working? i think that after the wb the picture is colored here..?
- info box when hovering over the icons

wanted additional features:
- can you perhaps link the looper function with the In and Out points..   

thank you, i love your program!!

RAW

thanks for the new version.  The 1.1.3 allows dng files to be exported as mov.  1.1.4 doesn't. please don't remove feature. :)

baldand

Quote from: RAW on April 07, 2014, 11:58:43 PM
thanks for the new version.  The 1.1.3 allows dng files to be exported as mov.  1.1.4 doesn't. please don't remove feature. :)

Nothing was removed from 1.1.4. MOV export should still work as in 1.1.3.

If it is not working for you, can you give details of your system (Windows or Mac) and the problem you see happening? Have you set an export target folder using W key?

kontrakatze

I would like to ask if any other mac user has this problem with the ProRes files being 4:2:2 instead of 4:4:4.

By now these are the applications I tested:
- Finder info says ProRes 4:2:2 HQ
- Davinci resolve lite says 4:2:2
- FinalCut Pro X says 4:2:2
- Quicktime says 4:2:2
- Mediainfo says 4:2:2

I get the same results with MlRawViewer 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 regardless the .mlv I use as input.

baldand

Quote from: kontrakatze on April 08, 2014, 07:43:36 AM
I would like to ask if any other mac user has this problem with the ProRes files being 4:2:2 instead of 4:4:4.

By now these are the applications I tested:
- Finder info says ProRes 4:2:2 HQ
- Davinci resolve lite says 4:2:2
- FinalCut Pro X says 4:2:2
- Quicktime says 4:2:2
- Mediainfo says 4:2:2

I get the same results with MlRawViewer 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 regardless the .mlv I use as input.

The answer to your question may be related to this: http://lists.ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2013-May/015095.html

Shortly: ffmpeg (which is used for the encoding) sets the wrong fourcc of "apch" instead of "ap4h".
This causes the format to be misidentified by QT as "422". But the data it contains IS in 444 format.

SoulChildPaul

On Windows 7 new 1.1.4 update only shows a black screen although audio can be heard. Checked same files on older version are viewable