Can't get compiled autoexec.bin to run

Started by jordancolburn, December 13, 2013, 02:02:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jordancolburn

I'm trying to get started with development for the EOS-M and have run into an issue.  I have managed to comiple and get an autoexec.bin from both ML and TL and neither will work in my camera.  The camera just blinks multiple times until I pull the battery and focusing on the 22mm prime lens does work which seems to indicate that my autoexec.bin is not on the camera sd card (althought it clearly is) according to the install guides.  Any body have tips or possible solutions, I'm sure I'm just missing something small.

dmilligan

You compiled for the eos-m and used the autoexec.bin for that camera (in platform/eosm.106)? You have all the other support files in the correct directory structure? Did you copy the .sym file to modules directory?

jordancolburn

I think that might be my problem, I tried just reusing the directory structure from my other cards since I couldn't seem to find any info on how to build the ML directory to put on the card.

jordancolburn

and yes, I compiled for the eosm and used the autoexec.bin from the platform/eosm.106 directory on both ML and TL.

jordancolburn

Ok, I got it working.  The issue was that I was building for EOSM.106 for the old firmware.  The newer updates for TL are in the tragic-lantern-6d repo and not in tragic-lantern-2.0.  I didn't realize that ML was so far behind for the eosm.  I still would appreciate any resources that explain how to create the ML folder for SD cards as I still can't seem to find any info on that.

a1ex

"make zip" should do that (run it from platform/camera_model)

jordancolburn

htitman

Yes, experienced this, spent 5 hrs. Solution: format card as Windows NTFS, rather than default, then format in camera, copy ML files to card, and autoexec.bin now works. Canon 7D

Andy600

Just a little tip - You can compile without first having to navigate to a platform.

Such as (for the 50D)

make -C platform/50D.109 zip

Substitute the exact name of the model/fw version (as in the platform directory) with whatever camera you are compiling for.
Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com