Re: 7D Test builds with Raw Support

Started by arrinkiiii, September 02, 2013, 01:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrnv45

i looked all it said was AUTO - MANUAL - DISABLE and its on Auto.. and i tried Manual.  and everytime i hit record it flashes SOUND DISABLED and then it continues to record with no audio.

ck8610

Quote from: 1% on September 23, 2013, 06:27:23 PM
Video Mode Zoom... 72.1 MB/s
Photo Mode Zoom 72.2-.4 MB/s

that's about the only difference I see for 7D, I recorded 1728x1038. I had a freeze when the card filled in both modes but the file wrote out completely.

The indicators screw up at around 45GB of one video in MLV. Wrote 14:15, 20491 frames.

Holy shit, MLV is winning now. While it doesn't have the highest throughput it keeps recording going longer.

Crop mode can reach 76.5 mb/s so that can make 5422 frames in 2048X872 29.951p rec.
why crop mode just work in 29.951p instead of  24p or 50/60p mode?

1%

Quoteeverytime i hit record it flashes SOUND DISABLED and then it continues to record with no audio.

Check FPS override is off + video hacks are off and separate wav is not enabled.

Speeds will vary but 0x5 = good in zoom, 0x6 good in 1x

mrnv45

it was FPS override that was doing it.
thanks 1%  dont wanna be a troll, but i feel i get 1 ETA question lol.

so whats atleast a date for a Update or what will be in the next update? hopefully sound?

Update:

now i have 2 raw video choices?

1%

Only load one raw module. mlv or raw_rec

The next signed build will happen when I figure out the memory error so you can have
headphone/videohacks/fps without it crashing.

Maybe edmac 05 for fir an 06 for bin so you can record full LV on the bin and zoom mode + fps in the fir?

mrnv45

I want to record MLV but I can find a program on Mac that can convert it to what I need to put it in FCpx every program doesn't recognize the format ..  I heard MLV is better than raw?

arrinkiiii

Quote from: 1% on September 24, 2013, 08:22:29 PM
Maybe edmac 05 for fir an 06 for bin so you can record full LV on the bin and zoom mode + fps in the fir?

It's one solution  :D

Quote from: mrnv45 on September 24, 2013, 09:46:33 PM
I want to record MLV but I can find a program on Mac that can convert it to what I need to put it in FCpx every program doesn't recognize the format ..  I heard MLV is better than raw?

MLV got more data/info inside of the file. I don't yet get who is more fast, already listened the 2 versions... But i think the MLV is what will be the future.

I use windows but i think they already got a version for mac and also MLV viewer for the mac.

ck8610

1%

PANDETTA

Quote from: mrnv45 on September 24, 2013, 09:46:33 PM
MLV converter: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8769684/MLVConverter.app.zip
created by 8beeeaaat

I never used FCP, but I heard it doesn't support cinema DNG? That means you will have to adapt the offline editing thingy.
How to Edit Magic Lantern RAW Footage Offline
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jASBwVSOlXk&feature=c4-overview&list=UUM2FoYtC-2PQzMr_gDfQnHg

szigiszmund

With 24.09.13 build i get arround 79mb stable write speed in raw_rec,, both way normal Lv end 5x zoom.
Well done 1%.
Thanks.

mrnv45

A long video mostly outside stuff on 5500k w/b. + 100-250 + f/9 + iso 250   in .raw format
rawmagic + lightroom +fcpx (color correction)

has a 5x zoom in there too...

feureau

hey, Briton

can you add ml.bot-fly.com to the list? it's got a  7D nightly build routinely built every night.

britom

7D Builds with RAW support: http://bit.ly/14Llzda

mrnv45

What's the actual download link for the night lies? That page confuses me.. Lol

Also what's the major difference in the 10/9 vs. nightly

szymszymon

ok, i just download - magiclantern-v2.3.NEXT.2013Oct08.7D203.zip 2013-10-09 05:022.0 MB from http://ml.bot-fly.com/...
i extract this whit winrar and copy to my cf card.. i update camera, and load raw.module. when i restart my 7d, camera freeze and i must to take the battery out.. i also download  09/10/2013
► Build updated to commit 11880a4 from 1% repository (https://bitbucket.org/OtherOnePercent/tragic-lantern-6d/commits/all)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2o8cresqe0lv0hj/ML-ONEPERCENT-9-10-13.zip.. where is the fir file for this buildit...sory for my eng...

1%

Quoterestart my 7d, camera freeze and i must to take the battery out

You need to have the right sym file with the release otherwise it won't load modules and freeze, then next reboot should say modules not loaded.

I haven't made a new fir yet, it only has video hacks and vignetting which doesn't look like it does anything.

mrnv45

So should I upload to 10-9-13 ? I'm on the last update

1%

Make sure when you update autoexec.bin you also update modules/7DXXX.sym from the same release

Fringuello

Italy - canon 7D

szymszymon

I don't know what is "sym file"this is too much for me. I give up, maybe I'll find someone who knows better eng. from me, and help me understand how run Ml on my 7d. anyway thx 1%!

1%

sym file = 7D_203.sym

It goes in ML/Modules folder... its the symbols from the autoexec.bin... if it doesn't match your modules don't load and camera crashes. So if you only copy new autoexec.bin to your card then it won't boot. If copying a text file is too much maybe computers aren't for you.

Fringuello

Quote from: szymszymon on October 10, 2013, 06:37:47 PM
I don't know what is "sym file"this is too much for me. I give up, maybe I'll find someone who knows better eng. from me, and help me understand how run Ml on my 7d. anyway thx 1%!
Io sono italiano di cosa hai bisogno?
I am Italian what do you need?
Italy - canon 7D

szymszymon

Quote from: 1% on October 10, 2013, 06:46:02 PM
sym file = 7D_203.sym

It goes in ML/Modules folder... its the symbols from the autoexec.bin... if it doesn't match your modules don't load and camera crashes. So if you only copy new autoexec.bin to your card then it won't boot. If copying a text file is too much maybe computers aren't for you.
I copy all files from the v2.3.NEXT.2013Sep30.7D203 (2).zip, not only autoexec.bin. this folder contains everything I need? I wrote before...I run Ml

"ok, I just download - magiclantern-v2.3.NEXT.2013Oct08.7D203.zip 2013-10-09 05:022.0 MB from http://ml.bot-fly.com/...
I extract this whit winrar and copy to my cf card.. I update camera, and load raw.module. when i restart my 7d, camera freeze and i must to take the battery out.."
I have sym file = 7D_203.sym in modules...

"If copying a text file is too much maybe computers aren't for you."text file?... i must read everything twice...probably, english its my problem, not the computer...:)

1%

If you open the .sym its just a text file with address + names of functions ... maybe that compile is broken? The next one failed I think its because I was still working at the time it was compiling. Yesterday I merged bolt_raw and I have no errors making in the morning so wait till the next day maybe?