Re: 7D Test builds with Raw Support

Started by arrinkiiii, September 02, 2013, 01:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1%

You have to load the fir for it to work with FPS override, it gets the numbers from previous recorded video. The frozen 10x mode actually gives you some speed increase from further testing.

mrnv45

anyway to get sound while recording raw?

Test Video from using my settings listed above

f/7.0-9.0  - 1/100
iso 200-800

i had more from the play ground but deleted on accident..

StefanKeller.AC

using 1% build from 08/09/2013 (time to update :-), testing the new Sigma 18-35 in a local store :-)
I again had the failure that the outer AF-Points refused to work, the lens just goes for an back without finding anything,  the center point worked fine
I switched to the green rectangle -> no focus is achieved
switching camera off an on, starting without ML (Set) -> nothing changed
after removing the CF card it worked

is anything I can look or log when this happens again?
(my 7D has ~180.000 shots, without ML this never happened)

mburgst

Quote from: 1% on September 18, 2013, 05:33:27 PM
Its plenty fast. Turn off GD and dialog timers in the debug menu and you should be able to record either the full 17XXx115X or the 17XXx1038. In zoom it does ~1038 at 30P or whatever you can make with 75-77MB with FPS override on. The benchmarks are almost never what it will record with the module, they only seem useful for me in play mode as it shows I have a 90MB/s card and I'm missing ~9 MB/s somewhere from the "wonderful" canon ui.

mhh.. me stupid? i don't see a resolution above 17XXx972 or such? did i oversee something? need to test zoom a little further though.

arrinkiiii

uhmmmmm....

Use 5x zoom and then go to ML menu in raw resolution

1%

Quoteanyway to get sound while recording raw?

Yea, but it loses packets/slows down raw.

QuoteI switched to the green rectangle -> no focus is achieved

So this bug is in LV? AF quick LV?

StefanKeller.AC

Quote from: 1% on September 22, 2013, 09:55:01 PM
So this bug is in LV? AF quick LV?

no, not in LV, in "normal" AF-Photo mode.
I switched to the green rectangle to switch of some special settings e.g. focus mode and focus on the star-button
I guess no focus is than achieved because the outer points are used too

juantamad

Don't know if this is the right place to post this.
Further testing 1% build 12.09.13, I accidentally press start/stop button under PHOTO mode.
Is this meant to be either PHOTO or VIDEO mode? or just video mode.

a1ex

It's meant to be in movie mode only, but I think 1% doesn't care about this.

juantamad

Thanks for the quick reply Alex, any idea what's causing the camera can shoot RAW video on photo mode?

juantamad

a1ex

As I said earlier, 1% removed my checks about movie mode. It's a really basic usability issue, so I don't agree with this change.

Anyway, you are no longer running my code, so I can't help you.

juantamad

PANDETTA

I am sorry, but how do you install the 1% build? I currently have the 7d 2.0.3 alpha2 installed but I am getting corrupted frames and frame drop. I use the Transcend 1000x 32GB card but I can't record at the max resolution possible without the camera stop recording after only a few hundred frames. Thanks

arrinkiiii

Quote from: PANDETTA on September 23, 2013, 06:10:58 PM
I am sorry, but how do you install the 1% build? I currently have the 7d 2.0.3 alpha2 installed but I am getting corrupted frames and frame drop. I use the Transcend 1000x 32GB card but I can't record at the max resolution possible without the camera stop recording after only a few hundred frames. Thanks

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7987

Download and copy, overwriting the existent one's on the cf card.

1%

Video Mode Zoom... 72.1 MB/s
Photo Mode Zoom 72.2-.4 MB/s

that's about the only difference I see for 7D, I recorded 1728x1038. I had a freeze when the card filled in both modes but the file wrote out completely.

The indicators screw up at around 45GB of one video in MLV. Wrote 14:15, 20491 frames.

Holy shit, MLV is winning now. While it doesn't have the highest throughput it keeps recording going longer.

PANDETTA

Is it impossible to record without corrupted frames? because I get a lot of them. I am using Transcend 1000x 32GB CF card and MLV module. Thanks

1%

Try timers off for the duration of raw recording or use the raw module. For me its usually frame 2 with MLV, + lack of batch processing is starting to hurt.

Are your bad frames at regular intervals and is GD off while recording?

PANDETTA

Quote from: 1% on September 24, 2013, 03:57:38 AM
Try timers off for the duration of raw recording or use the raw module. For me its usually frame 2 with MLV, + lack of batch processing is starting to hurt.

Are your bad frames at regular intervals and is GD off while recording?
No, they are very random. In a 10 seconds clip, it will have 1-5 bad frames.
Um... Sorry, what is "GD" ?

ted ramasola

5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

PANDETTA

Oh! Yes I disabled GD in my most recent test and it still had 1-2 bad frames but definitely fewer than with GD on. 

PANDETTA

Suddenly I think of a question. Will hooking up monitors causes any raw recording performance problems? Thanks

1%

mrnv45

how do i turn back on sound without raw?

1%