How to donate?

Started by eyeland, December 11, 2013, 09:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eyeland

I am sure this has been covered before, but my search efforts were largely in vain...
So, is donating disabled again? I can only find the bitcoin-donation page and I (and many others I think) would really like to make an oldschool donation if possible :)

Daybreak broke me loose and brought me back...

harryh999

eyeland

Seems that the best way to donate for at the moment is to become skilled enough in Coding to help the main devs With some of the tedious Coding tasks and/or do some systematic testing.
On that note, i wonder how people would feel about donating by hiring some programmers from a low-income region to do some serious bug hunting to push more stable versions and make ports to new cameras/ new fw etc. (I know that the idea is a highly problematic and it arose as a joke between friends in light of some recent scandals in which top programmers in huge corps were caught outsourcing their jobs privately to India while spending their own day playing angry birds

ItsMeLenny

Quote from: eyeland on December 11, 2013, 09:17:47 PM
I am sure this has been covered before, but my search efforts were largely in vain...
Then why didn't you use the search button instead of creating a duplicate post.

Quote from: eyeland on December 11, 2013, 09:17:47 PM
So, is donating disabled again? I can only find the bitcoin-donation page and I (and many others I think) would really like to make an oldschool donation if possible :)
Only bitcoin donations exist. Or I think some of the devs have wish lists you can buy them stuff.
To repeat what can easily be found by searching "donations";
They can't take donations because of tax. Nor could they really be bothered because this is their hobby. They're not actually programming it for everybody else, that is just a bonus we get that they share it. They actually use ML themselves.

However, as I have stated before, if you do want to donate money, I will take it. I am not a dev, nor do I have any association with Magic Lantern except for my posting on their forums. That said, I will still take your money if you like.

eyeland

Someone is in a bad mood I guess...
I don't agree that its easy to find info on donating, if it had been easy, I would not have started a thread about it, and you would not have needed to get upset about something I wrote 3 months ago.
I see people asking about donations in alot of different threads on a regular basis. We're not all "in the loop" and seemingly some of us wasn't sure that Bitcoin is the only way to donate. Now we know, thanks

ItsMeLenny

Sorry to hear that you are in a bad mood and are upset.

But hopefully I answered detailed enough for you to be happy.