Tragic Lantern for 6D

Started by 1%, December 24, 2012, 07:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WorkFl0w

Hello everybody.

I have same issues with the magiclantern-Tragic.2013Nov30.6D113
When i press REC for filming the little menu for the iso and audio
functions pupping up and i can increase or decrease the values.
When im pressing the button again the menu closed. normally it is
set to the Set button.

The second is that the ML menu close after 6-10 seconds when i
do nothing and just have a look at the menus. When i scrolling or
change settings this is not happend.

Does anybody know why ? the nightly build have same problems.
5D Mark III
16-35mm 1:2,8L II / EF 24-105mm 1:4,0 L IS USM  / Canon EF 14mm/ 2,8/ L USM II

darkstarr

Quote from: darkstarr on December 02, 2013, 03:58:40 PM
Guys my usb port is also dead :(
I tried the above but no success

The pc doesnt detect the camera, but the camera does detect that a usb cable is connected to it (wifi option becomes greyed out and becomes available as soon as the cable is unplugged).
Tried several cables, usb ports etc.

Same cable works fine on 60d

Any ideas?

Update: well, within 2 weeks, both the usb on the 6d and 60d are now dead.
I don't believe its caused by ML now since the 60d has been running 2.3 for over a year with no issues whatsoever

its either DSLR controller or the cables.

i've opened a bug report thread in the hope of a solution:
https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/issue/1780/wtf-dead-usb-on-both-60d-and-6d-please

1%

Sucks it took out both :( Maybe some short inside put the 5V where it didn't belong and popped a micro fuse or worse the IC.

Marsu42

Quote from: darkstarr on December 09, 2013, 12:41:08 AM
Update: well, within 2 weeks, both the usb on the 6d and 60d are now dead.

You used the *same* cable and hub on both cameras? Doh, I also don't think it's ml but a hardware failure - you could try to isolate if the hub or cable is the problem by frying anther couple of cameras :-p ... but my money would be on the hub being broken if you don't see any physical damage or dirt on/in the cable after close inspection and it has worked before.

darkstarr

Quote from: 1% on December 09, 2013, 04:21:22 AM
Sucks it took out both :( Maybe some short inside put the 5V where it didn't belong and popped a micro fuse or worse the IC.

yea it sucks big time, i just want to curl up in a ball and cry lolll

Quote from: Marsu42 on December 09, 2013, 08:35:48 AM
You used the *same* cable and hub on both cameras? Doh, I also don't think it's ml but a hardware failure - you could try to isolate if the hub or cable is the problem by frying anther couple of cameras :-p ... but my money would be on the hub being broken if you don't see any physical damage or dirt on/in the cable after close inspection and it has worked before.

lolll, yea i cant afford a few other cameras loll

yea no physical damage whatsoever
thing was barely used / tested
then one morning, nothing....

anyway im going to create a new thread in the hardware section, dont want to hijack this one!

cheers all

jucytec

can someone confirm that Dec. 8th build does not boot.

i'm currently running the Nov 30th which is working fine.

Kathode-Ray

The 8 december build is for the 5DIII.
6DmkII | M50 | M || AT-X 16-28 | 24-70 2.8 VC | 24-105 4.0L | 70-200 4.0L IS || 35 2.0 IS | 45 1.8 VC | 100 2.0 | 135 2.0 || 11-22 | 18-55 | 55-200 | 22 | 28 Macro || Metz 58 AF-2 | Røde Videomic Pro

ilguercio

Has anybody worked out how to get 255M of buffer instead of 155 while recording?
Seems like it's similar to 5DIII where you can allocate more memory with LV off.
Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.
Sigma 70-200 EX OS HSM, Sigma 70-200 Apo EX HSM, Samyang 14 2.8, Samyang 35 1.4, Samyang 85 1.4.
Proud supporter of Magic Lantern.

jucytec

Quote from: Kathode-Ray on December 21, 2013, 11:29:14 AM
The 8 december build is for the 5DIII.

lol color me stupid!

how do i build the latest myself? or is it best to wait.

Levas

Is there anyone here who did some testing with their 6d and the MLV-rec module and the new sound module ?

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7122.1025

I'm using the tragic lantern build from 30 November and the new MLV-rec and sound build from the topic above.

The first clip after switching the camera on has sound recorded along with the raw clip. Every clip after it doesn't have sound and shows the error message "sound failed to stop, state 4".

Rikoshet

Hi guys! Here I am...again. :)
Would like to report some minor bugs refering to last build Tragic.2014Jan03.6D113. So what am I doing?
I'm hit rec with default settings until my 16gb sandisk became full (for 6 times) and:
-I was sure the 29:59min limit was bypassed ( I was forget to enable MovieRestart, may be it'll help...Yes, it helps, anyway there is a 2 frames audio drop only at 29:59)

-when I put in Encoder menu Bitrate=35, InitQP=1 and ConfigSelect=VBR the indication of bitrate (A=~130, B=~130) is right only for, I think, for the first 4GB file...the indication of A on others files it's...like a countdown, from something like 98 to something like 38 on my 16GB card, and B is always=0...same thing is with default settings: indication on first 4GB file is ok, on others it is not...may be I miss something...
-*.dat file problem when the card became full...it's happen again...only once but...
Great work guys!!!
5d mk3, 5d mk2, 7d, 550d, gh4

cpreston

I had a problem with the 6D not completing mov files and just leaving .DAT without information when shooting over the 4GB file size.  Is this what you are talking about?  I actually decided that it might have something to do with having autorestart enabled or some other conflicting menu item enabled that hindered the 6D from completing the file.

1%

Quotemay be I miss something...

Probably a math problem that has to be fixed. H264 used to stop at 4GB because of fat32.

Quotethere is a 2 frames audio drop only at 29:59)

So i'm guessing that the movie restart takes 2 frames to restart.

Quote"sound failed to stop, state 4".

This was fixed early january but I can't upload anything else to bitbucket, ATM. The bot-fly only does EOSM and 7D.

cpreston

I can't seem to unzip the four most recent downloads from: https://bitbucket.org/OtherOnePercent/tragic-lantern-6d/downloads  The earlier downloads from October and earlier work fine for me.  I'm working on a Mac.  Is this my problem or a problem with the downloads?

electrichobo

Quote from: cpreston on January 14, 2014, 07:02:59 PM
I can't seem to unzip the four most recent downloads from: https://bitbucket.org/OtherOnePercent/tragic-lantern-6d/downloads  The earlier downloads from October and earlier work fine for me.  I'm working on a Mac.  Is this my problem or a problem with the downloads?
download Unarchiver and it'll do it for ya.  I had the same issue. The files are fine but for some reason mac doesnt like me this time.

Cedric C.

Hi everyone,
I have a question and i can't find the answer in this forum.
Does ML for 6D gives a clean HDMI output ?
Thanks

1%

matthew19

The 6D Tragic Lantern could really use the Magenta/Green number next to the Kelvin value in Live view. For those of us that dial out green under fluorescent lights this feature saves us when we go back into daylight and would otherwise forget to set it back to zero. Im begging you.

Marsu42

Quote from: matthew19 on January 29, 2014, 11:46:37 AMIm begging you.

Now, if I ever saw one here's someone motivated enough to look at the source code himself and submit a patch :->

cbgeebee

Hi 1% & all the rockstar devs and supporters! ;)

Great work on TL so far - loving playing around with it. Peaking, Zebra, Magic Zoom & Audio Monitoring rock!

I had a couple of recent problems when testing TL on my 6D. I installed Jan 18 build about 10 days ago.

1. SD Card/30 Mins+ Recording Issue:
I tried recording for 32 mins continuously on to my 64GB San Disk Extreme Pro SD card, to test what would happen. It seemed to process ok (camera didn't freeze as Nov 30th build had done sometimes), but when I ejected my card and put into the card reader my macbook could no longer read the card.

2. Audio Recording - File Length Issue:
I had Canon audio enabled because my rode video mic was out of battery. However the rode was still connected via the minijack port. Result: the length of the associated separate .WAV file when imported into Premiere Pro was just over 6 hrs, irrespective of the length of the video clip taken. When the rode's battery was replaced, the problem disappeared. I know I could've just disconnected the mini jack, but thought this may be of interest.

For now I've scrubbed the 2 cards I was running TL off, as a safety measure, because I have to use the camera for video work and can't risk corrupting them.

Cheers,
Keep up the good work!

1%

Quotebut when I ejected my card and put into the card reader my macbook could no longer read the card.

Quite weird because none of that is touched. Canon is writing the files and all we have for >30 mins is movie restart.

Did your card read in the camera after it didn't read in the macbook? Also... exfat + macos, any issues there?

hrs, irrespective of the length of the video clip taken.

The wavs do not have an end because of the way they are saved.Open in audacity or soundforge and resave... also use the clapper because you may have to stretch/shrink the actual wav.

matthew19

1% is it possible to have the green/magenta show in the overlays as it does on the 5d? I'd be happy to pay $100 for this feature.

cbgeebee

Quote from: 1% on February 04, 2014, 11:47:47 PM
Quite weird because none of that is touched. Canon is writing the files and all we have for >30 mins is movie restart.

Did your card read in the camera after it didn't read in the macbook? Also... exfat + macos, any issues there?

- No, when I put card back in camera TL did not boot. On the macbook the card was showing up as "NO NAME" and there were no files at all.

Had to reformat the card and it works fine again now (without TL as already stated). Sorry needed to use it again, so not sure if I can remember anything else that might have been of use to you.

1%

Heh, I'd be careful with that card and the macbook reader.

cbgeebee

Noted  ;)

Hadn't formatted card to exFAT, so will do so and try again.

Thanks!