Tragic Lantern for 6D

Started by 1%, December 24, 2012, 07:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkstarr

Quote from: kgv5 on November 12, 2013, 12:45:25 PM
Try to press the shutter button halfway.

hehe, now i feel stupid :p

thanks man

fotojohni

Quote from: 1% on November 14, 2013, 02:56:42 AM
I've had 2 cards corrupt, 1 on 6D, one on 600D. Both were unusable afterwards (sector 0 ruined), all files recoverable. On 6D if you fail an H264 and produce a .dat file it can crash the player or the media catalog. But besides that no reason it would mess up the card, the raw writes way more than H264.

What cards? They were usable afterwards? Settings used?

Mine were patriot EP UHS 64gb.

They are sandisk 64gb pro.  They were completely fine afterwards I think any program that can restore the partition table should be able to repair the cards.  It took less then a second so I doubt it was a major issue. 

Is anyone else getting crazy noise when using fps override?  There is insane amounts of green shadow and just hotpixel like noise when i crank it below 1fps.

1%

Yes, digic V all have this issue with FPS override. It gets worse as the sensor gets hotter. Dead pixel removal would solve some of it or dark frame subtraction... but it is pattern noise so not super easy.

I haven't had the partition table go yet, could have been the cards themselves or a bad set of circumstances.

keba

Quote from: 1% on January 08, 2013, 05:44:12 PM
Here are my plans for the bit rate menu.

*Auto Loading of 4 configs.
CBR - CBR Mode ml/cbr.ini
VBR - VBR Mode ml/vbr.ini
RC  - Canon rate control /ml/rc.ini
H264.ini - User config with load button.

We can override InitialQP and target Bit rate. Yes it does work, yes it will freeze camera on IPB if you go over 60mbps and violate the spec until you load a level 5.1 config.

I will make an auto loader with OFF, ON, Override.

Without the auto loader on you can adjust target bit rate *OR* record at a fixed qp with the initqp toggle.
Everything else can be set in the text files, following what I wrote in the RE thread. This puts video quality on par with 600D and cache hacks, maybe a bit better if you pixel peep. When the matrix loading is figured out this will be an ideal setup. I can't find where the other parameters can be adjusted on the fly, I think they get sent to a second proc or are in registers/ram. Maybe buffer save can be ported over for another rate control mechanism if initQP can be changed on the fly, mine seems to be better at stopping stops than canon's.

sorry, but really can't find out the RE thread for reference. Hope that someone might paste here a link of this thread.

BTW, thanks 1% for such a wonderful hack, ML and TL ROCK!

RTI

I'm not sure it's the right place to ask, but still I'll give it a try. Since we're limited in raw vide resolution, what would be the most apropriate encoder setting to achieve the best results with h264? I've searched the forums, but so far I've seen stuff related to 600D, and I think those settings aren't relevant to the current build. I someone has experience with this, maybe they could share the info.
Canon 5DIII| Sigma 35/1.4|T 24-70/2.8 VC| Tamron 70-200/2.8 VC USD

Marsu42

Quote from: keba on November 18, 2013, 09:41:48 AM
sorry, but really can't find out the RE thread for reference.

Probably this (reverse engineering): http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=4124.0

Quote from: RTI on November 25, 2013, 11:01:15 AM
Since we're limited in raw vide resolution, what would be the most apropriate encoder setting to achieve the best results with h264?

+1 for a dummy's guide to optimal (20mb/s) iq non-raw video shooting with TL for the usual suspects video resolutions (I guess 1080p/30 and 720/60).

keba

Quote from: Marsu42 on November 25, 2013, 10:29:40 PM
Probably this (reverse engineering): http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=4124.0

+1 for a dummy's guide to optimal (20mb/s) iq non-raw video shooting with TL for the usual suspects video resolutions (I guess 1080p/30 and 720/60).
Thanks Marsu42 for the RE link!

BTW, do we have any official way to fully uninstall ML or TL? now with the latest TL my 6D did not detected by PC anymore via USB cable (already change to the empty SDHC card) but result still the same.

Marsu42

Quote from: keba on November 28, 2013, 04:43:40 AM
BTW, do we have any official way to fully uninstall ML or TL?

I don't know of any way to remove the camera bootflag from the 6d (same as 5d3 I guess) - as for the card simply format the card to remove the card bootflag (or disable it with eos utility), remove ml files, done. I admit that's rather "deactivate" than "uninstall" and the camera will still have the 1s delay on boot.

Quote from: keba on November 28, 2013, 04:43:40 AM
Now with the latest TL my 6D did not detected by PC anymore via USB cable (already change to the empty SDHC card) but result still the same.

Wa-what? That's the reason? I was already wondering, you're saying the 6D isn't detected by the PC if a card with ML/bootflag is inside, and you have to put in a dummy non-bottflag card? If so, I'd put this in the "bug" category.

RTI

Quote from: Marsu42 on November 28, 2013, 11:44:43 AM
I don't know of any way to remove the camera bootflag from the 6d (same as 5d3 I guess) - as for the card simply format the card to remove the card bootflag (or disable it with eos utility), remove ml files, done. I admit that's rather "deactivate" than "uninstall" and the camera will still have the 1s delay on boot.

I think there's a way to remove the bootflag, by downgrading firmware, the procedure is described here http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5530.575
Canon 5DIII| Sigma 35/1.4|T 24-70/2.8 VC| Tamron 70-200/2.8 VC USD

Marsu42

Quote from: RTI on November 28, 2013, 03:04:25 PM
I think there's a way to remove the bootflag, by downgrading firmware, the procedure is described here http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5530.575

Right, thanks, that deserves a sticky. The direct link to the description is here: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5530.msg57496#msg57496

1%

If its not detecting via USB then probably turn off headphone monitor. Thats all I can think of blocking it.

fauxtographer

Wait what? Headphone monitoring is working?!?!
6D | 24-105 f/4 | 70-200 f/4 | 28 - 35 - 50 - 50 - 135 |

1%

Yea, since audio controls went in pretty much.

darkstarr

Quote from: 1% on November 29, 2013, 04:32:17 AM
If its not detecting via USB then probably turn off headphone monitor. Thats all I can think of blocking it.

Guys my usb port is also dead :(
I tried the above but no success

The pc doesnt detect the camera, but the camera does detect that a usb cable is connected to it (wifi option becomes greyed out and becomes available as soon as the cable is unplugged).
Tried several cables, usb ports etc.

Same cable works fine on 60d

Any ideas?

sim3213

Quote from: darkstarr on December 02, 2013, 03:58:40 PM
The pc doesnt detect the camera, but the camera does detect that a usb cable is connected to it
Have you tried it on a different OS?

darkstarr

Quote from: sim3213 on December 02, 2013, 08:04:35 PM
Have you tried it on a different OS?
forgot to clarify

yes xp, win7
also my 6d was last working with dslr controller
saw no field use just testing at home before it suddenly stopped working

1%

Check drivers in the OS, especially if you have multiple cameras.

darkstarr

Quote from: 1% on December 03, 2013, 01:49:12 AM
Check drivers in the OS, especially if you have multiple cameras.

yea i highly doubt its a driver issue since its the same thing with dslr controller: when i hook the tablet up to the camera it is no longer detected by the tablet (confirmed by running usb host diagnostic utility), but on the camera the wifi section does before unavailable, until the cable is unhooked from the camera then it becomes available again.

tried to connect the 6d to 2 computers which never had the 6d / eos utilities installed on it, and nothing happens, no device nothing.
when using the same cable on the 60d and connecting to those same 2 computers, camera is detected and the default canon drivers are automatically installed.

not sure if problem was caused by ML or not, or if DSLR controller somehow fried the USB board on the 6d...

1%

and headphone is off? thats the only thing, mine still detects so dunno and I've been using it all month, could be fried. you can try without a card inserted too.

darkstarr

yea i tried pretty much everything i can think of :(
oh well, back to canon, thank god its under warranty

1%

They should all still be under warranty... but some maybe not much longer.

1%

tzobor

About the USB issue: are you sure that you've turned off WiFi?

darkstarr

Quote from: tzobor on December 04, 2013, 10:11:26 AM
About the USB issue: are you sure that you've turned off WiFi?
lol yes very sure