Tragic Lantern for 6D

Started by 1%, December 24, 2012, 07:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RTLdan

Quote from: Rewind on November 04, 2013, 09:29:21 AM
In Modules Menu select mlv_play and press Q. Read the description.

Hmm... Might have a bug to report in the Nov 3rd build then?
When I hit the Q button I get a black display that says
"License: GPL
Authors: g3ggg0, a1ex
nd,ilt. on 2013-11-03 15:54:04 UTC by '{' is not recognized as an inter"

And then the pressing the arrow key I get this page...
"Information:
Name: MLV Player
License: GPL
Summary: Play MLV/RAW
Authors: g33g0, a1ex
Build date: 2013-11-03 16:04:35 UTC

Callbacks:
CBR_KEYPRESS: mlv_play_keypress_cbr"

Not sure if this is just me, or if I just need to reinstall ML or something?
Similar results when pressing 'Q' to get info about any module.

Thanks!
-Daniel

1%

QuoteCould you tell me shortly how to "log"?  sorry I'm quite new.

DM log to start, dm log to stop in the debug menu.

For above I think a module description got messed up, didn't have truncate. Shouldn't affect actual functionality.

raiky

Hi,

I think the Set Auto WB is now working, let me know what you think.  Didn't use the logs, (I have to look at it yet)  I modified the shot.c  and added some function I found in lens.c and  added the GUI stuff: "Auto" for the cycle.  Here is the function I modified in shot.c :

void
kelvin_toggle( void* priv, int sign )
{
    int k;
    switch (lens_info.wb_mode)
    {
        case WB_SUNNY: k = 5200; break;
        case WB_SHADE: k = 7000; break;
        case WB_CLOUDY: k = 6000; break;
        case WB_TUNGSTEN: k = 3200; break;
        case WB_FLUORESCENT: k = 4000; break;
        case WB_FLASH: k = 6500; break; // maybe?
        default: k = lens_info.kelvin;
    }
    //begin raiky - set auto wb
    if (!lens_info.wb_mode) {  //if we are in auto
k = sign>0? KELVIN_MIN : KELVIN_MAX;
lens_set_kelvin(k);
return;
}
    else if ((k == KELVIN_MIN && sign<0) || (k == KELVIN_MAX && sign>0)) {
lens_info.wb_mode = 0;
int mode = WB_AUTO;
prop_request_change(PROP_WB_MODE_LV, &mode, 4);
prop_request_change(PROP_WB_MODE_PH, &mode, 4);
return;
}
//end raiky - set auto wb

int step = KELVIN_STEP;
    if (k + sign * step > 7000)
        step *= 5;

k = (k/step) * step;
    if (priv == (void*)-1) // no wrap around
        k = COERCE(k + sign * step, KELVIN_MIN, KELVIN_MAX);
    else // allow wrap around
        k = KELVIN_MIN + mod(k - KELVIN_MIN + sign * step, KELVIN_MAX - KELVIN_MIN + step);

lens_set_kelvin(k);
}

I guess it should be quite straighforward to add the rest of  White Balance values (Cloudy, Sunny, etc)

R.

1%

Quoteprop_request_change(PROP_WB_MODE_LV, &mode, 4);
      prop_request_change(PROP_WB_MODE_PH, &mode, 4);

These are your WB properties. Some value here is "auto", you can find the number values to these in something like property.c/h and then look at it with prop browser.

raiky

Hi, well the code that I show you is the code already modified.  The value is WB_AUTO as you can see.

Can someone test that? It seems to be working for me.

The kelvin_toggle function in shot.c shall be replaced with the one provided in previous post.

Regards.

raiky

Well, I guess this is not the right place for my previous posts since nobody answers. Sorry I'll open a new thread.

Cheers.

1%

Its merged today on my side and works on 6D/7D

raiky

Ok, good to know!  :D

What do you think about adding other WB, such as Sunny, Cloudy, etc.  to the GUI?

R.

1%

Not worth it, might as well set K or let ML auto set it at that point. Auto is important though since I'm sure many people set it and forget it. For raw photos or video you can change it later anyway.

bixter1

I am new to my 6D and going to travel to Italy shortly. Is this stable enough to try this out? It seems like it is... ! I haven't used ML yet and am not sure if its easy to just go back to the stock firmware. Looks like there are some great features I would love to use. Thoughts? BTW I am a developer and not intimidated to play with new things

thanks in advance.

-B

1%

Boot holding set and it skips loading ML.

cepreu777

Does not work fokuspeak. The main menu is on (on,3,5,R), Global draw "on, all modes", but does not produce the sharp area. He previously worked. What I could "break"?

I found the reason. It is eliminated with pressing "info" button.
Unfortunately, it isn't present in FAQ.

Rikoshet

Hi 1%!
Can I report 2 maybe bugs here?
So, the first is: when I enable LV Digic peaking it's working only before Rec button is hitted, once I hit Rec button this function is disabled...is it normal?
The second: it is known that first second is louder in some canon models, but I have for firsts 3-4 frame a noise peak in left channel (right channel is just louder for the same period) in all clips, and in some clips I have another noise peak at 18-20th sec... Do you think it will possible to find the problem? Sometimes I do interviews and record audio in cam, don't wont to use mixers and external recorders, and I need clean audio...

Another audio "thing" is that even using it in manual, not auto, audio waveform is not uniform:

Using Magic Lantern v2.3.NEXT.2013Oct05.6D113 (unified) . Sorry for my english, just learning!
Thanks!!!
5d mk3, 5d mk2, 7d, 550d, gh4

1%

Yea thats normal, its an option now in the source.

Not sure from the noise/uniformity issue. I'll have to test it. On mine sometimes it does weird things from the stereo jack. Then again I've been recording wav not video/w audio so maybe something happens when its recorded with H264. In manual AGC is already off and when you turn it on you'll see it raises/lowers volume much quicker than this.

Ok, I do get some noise squiggle in the left channel while its configuring audio up to frame 2. Haven't experienced the level issue though. Will check some more. Audio seems level from what I'm recording and much different if you turn on the AGC. Only thing I can think of is you changed volume or went into the canon audio menu while recording.

mindaswater

So if I want to run magiclantern on a 6D - I should download the source from "Tragic Lantern" for working code...SRY it's my first time.

1%

I uploaded a binary on the 9th so its up do date, fastest way is to compile yourself though if you want updates every day.

darkstarr

hey guys, when viewing back the footage on the camera, is there a way now to stop the playback? right now i have to wait till the video is done before i can use the camera. using raw not mlv and not using mlv play (not sure how to add modules hehe)

cheers guys!

kgv5

Try to press the shutter button halfway.
www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

Ian

I want to update ML on my card to the November update but am wary about proceeding without asking this basic question:
I read that an ML update simply involves copy/pasting the files from the November update onto the card.
But some of the folder names are different - eg some with capital letters, some not (eg cropmks versus CROPMKS). Aren`t these folders simply going to sit alongside each other on the card?
And the folder names are not all the same:

In the update: cropmks, data, doc, fonts, logs, modules, scripts, settings
On the card now: CROPMKS, DCIM, DOC, MISC

This doesn`t seem like a clean copy/paste/replace to me. I`d be grateful to know whether I am ok to go ahead and do this without causing myself problems.

Thanks. I can`t wait to point my camera at the sun with dual iso and see what I get!

painya

Quote from: Ian on November 12, 2013, 01:01:22 PM
Thanks. I can`t wait to point my camera at the sun with dual iso and see what I get!
Post a pic on the dual ISO thread!
Good footage doesn't make a story any better.

RTI

Quote from: Ian on November 12, 2013, 01:01:22 PM
I want to update ML on my card to the November update but am wary about proceeding without asking this basic question:
I read that an ML update simply involves copy/pasting the files from the November update onto the card.
But some of the folder names are different - eg some with capital letters, some not (eg cropmks versus CROPMKS). Aren`t these folders simply going to sit alongside each other on the card?
And the folder names are not all the same:

In the update: cropmks, data, doc, fonts, logs, modules, scripts, settings
On the card now: CROPMKS, DCIM, DOC, MISC

This doesn`t seem like a clean copy/paste/replace to me. I`d be grateful to know whether I am ok to go ahead and do this without causing myself problems.

I installed ML yesterday for the first time, as described in the install guide thread, to update i just replaced the folders on my SD card with the new ones - all worked fine.

P.S.
I'm not sure it's relevant to this thread, but using LV with ML seems to heat up the camera pretty fast (I was playing with it browsing the menus and stuff, temp got to 55C in like 5-10 minuts) also battery goes down fast. Is it ok with ML?
Canon 5DIII| Sigma 35/1.4|T 24-70/2.8 VC| Tamron 70-200/2.8 VC USD

Marsu42

Quote from: RTI on November 13, 2013, 07:56:59 AMI'm not sure it's relevant to this thread, but using LV with ML seems to heat up the camera pretty fast (I was playing with it browsing the menus and stuff, temp got to 55C in like 5-10 minuts) also battery goes down fast. Is it ok with ML?

Yes, this is what happens - ML disables some power saving, and some feature like peaking are rather cpu intensive.

I used the 6d w/o ML only for one day, so I cannot say how high the battery drain would be otherwise because "browsing the menus" turns the lcd on which eats a lot of power, so browsing though pictures or the Canon menu might nearly have the same effect.

RTI

Quote from: Marsu42 on November 13, 2013, 08:30:55 AM
Yes, this is what happens - ML disables some power saving, and some feature like peaking are rather cpu intensive.

I used the 6d w/o ML only for one day, so I cannot say how high the battery drain would be otherwise because "browsing the menus" turns the lcd on which eats a lot of power, so browsing though pictures or the Canon menu might nearly have the same effect.

Yep, I figured about peaking and zebras would eat a lot of resources and be CPU intensive, turned that off. Ultimately what bothers me is not power consumption but the fact that the camera gets warm to hot, and I didn't have that even when shooting a full time wedding. I didn't expect it, or maybe it's just my camera.
Canon 5DIII| Sigma 35/1.4|T 24-70/2.8 VC| Tamron 70-200/2.8 VC USD

fotojohni

Hey guys I shot a documentary on the 6D with magic lantern and it was great.  Almost no problems accept for one.  Sometimes it would corrupt cards!! (Scary I know)  Fortunately I was able to save all the data by going into diskutility on the mac and doing a repair.  I happened twice during the whole time.  I went through about 30 cards the whole trip, so low incidence of failure.

Recreating the issue, it really only happened during bitrate overide options.  I ended up restoring magic lantern on that card because I couldn't adequately turn it off.  It wasn't a real issue as I had 2 extra 64GB cards on me at all times.

1%

I've had 2 cards corrupt, 1 on 6D, one on 600D. Both were unusable afterwards (sector 0 ruined), all files recoverable. On 6D if you fail an H264 and produce a .dat file it can crash the player or the media catalog. But besides that no reason it would mess up the card, the raw writes way more than H264.

What cards? They were usable afterwards? Settings used?

Mine were patriot EP UHS 64gb.