Tragic Lantern for 6D

Started by 1%, December 24, 2012, 07:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilguercio

Quote from: Virindi on August 12, 2013, 07:29:15 PM
Just tested dual iso. That's fantastic! Thanks!
I got a few crashes after taking some photos, if you guys have any clue.
Well, if you don't post the LOG files how can people help you?
Also, describe what you were doing.
@1%:i am getting some pink in my dual iso images. I asked that question because MAYBE some of the values in cr2hdr are hardcoded to the 5DIII and thus they require some dual iso files from the 6D to be perfected.
Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.
Sigma 70-200 EX OS HSM, Sigma 70-200 Apo EX HSM, Samyang 14 2.8, Samyang 35 1.4, Samyang 85 1.4.
Proud supporter of Magic Lantern.

ilguercio

What about video mode? I mean, if ISO is alternated every 2 lines doesn't it follow Canon line skipping or what? I thought we would have the same aliasing in video mode because the line skipping and the alternation match but i might be wrong.
Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.
Sigma 70-200 EX OS HSM, Sigma 70-200 Apo EX HSM, Samyang 14 2.8, Samyang 35 1.4, Samyang 85 1.4.

1%

Yep, a bug has to be reproducible at least. If I can't crash it, how can I fix it?

For dual iso, try a newer raw converter. The one with the package might be a bit old. A1ex said something about the packaged version not supporting 6D yet. Mine is like 9.17 on linux, there are windows binaries compiled up somewhere..

After that I guess we check the utility. I know white level on 5DIII is for sure different but I'm thinking it pulls this stuff from meta data, maybe not?

Check video mode, I haven't yet. It should have the right white level at least.

For skipping.. it still reads the sensor the same way, just 1/2 at a different iso. So you end up with the same proportion of skipped/read over the whole sensor.

ilguercio

But then you have to deinterlace it which will lead to half the resolution again, right?
Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.

1%

I think you can calculate most of it back. Interlaced takes I think 1/2 for frame 1 and then 1/2 for frame 2 so more like normal HDR.

nandoide

With fps override when i change between 1x and 5x modes sometimes I get false colour on display. This issue also happens sometimes when i stop record raw video.
Thanks a lot for this very good job. Dual iso is a new gift.

1%

Can you take a shot of it? Its not zebras?

*I may have seen what you are talking about*... it corrupted for a second when I switched but didn't stick around.

I kinda want to get rid of 1x somehow... does anyone find it useful for anything?

ilguercio

Nope, get rid of it.
Why does it come up anyway?
Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.

1%

I'm not sure what canon intended this mode for. It seems like it has the same timings as normal mode and the same raw size. FPS override is probably getting confused and thinks its in zoom mode. At the least I need to check/fix that.

nandoide

No its no zebras sometimes pinkish or greenish. Its there i think after adtg fps override.
If I repeat zoom with the loupe button one or more times from 1x to 5x its ok. Sometimes its not only false color, also the image becomes half image. Changing from photo to video it happens also.
Fps override whatever the override mode and whatever the fps.

teo770

Anyone compared dualISO with a regular 2 expo HDR picture ?
Cause dualISO is fine, you don't need a tripod (!) but it costs in aliasing and resolution.

As read in posts, dualISO enhance pic's DR.
Anyone knows how DR can be estimated from a HDR (ISO shift, not aperture shift) of 2/3/5 pics ?

On the video side, would be interesting to test DualISO with Mosaic Engineering filter...
About aliasing mainly.

Update
: Spent a few hours in Photomatix Pro, mixing 2 or 3 expo "classical" HDRs..... (ISO shift)
i never get even close to the result of DualIso....

How are mixed the 2 expo in cr2hdr ???
It's a fusion, of course, not a tone map but i sould miss something !

Someone knows ?
My gear: CANON 6D / 40mm f2.8 STM / 20mm f2.8 / 24-105 f4 IS / Flash 90EX / Grip BG-E13

Exile

Hey,

I have ML(raw video version) installed (http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5530.0) and now i want to try the dual iso version. Does anyone know if i can simply replace the ML folder and the autoexec.bin file? Or do I also have to delete the 6D000113.FIR file?

kgv5

Quote from: teo770 on August 14, 2013, 05:16:08 PM
On the video side, would be interesting to test DualISO with Mosaic Engineering filter...
About aliasing mainly.

I tried but on 5D3 with VAF-6D. The 6D filter fits 5D3 physically (in terms of dimensions) but there was no difference. VAF is designed for certain type of line skipping, i believe something like 1 line stays, two lines out (so blends those non existing lines or something) Dual ISO lines are one by one dark and light so the filter cannot do anything.

It is worth to try on 6D though, Noisyboy will tell us in the next week  ;)
www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

sim3213

Hi Guys

I went bike-filming with the 6D today. While Filming i found that - in replay (not in LV) - after about 25 secs, the picture starts to look like this:

seems that the lowest fifth gets way higher compressed than the rest...

[6D] AEValue2.zip | 720p | 50 fps | low Comp | SanDisk ExtremePro 95mbs-1 32G | M mode

teo770

Yes Noisyboy... give up the beach, come back to work on ML !!!
My gear: CANON 6D / 40mm f2.8 STM / 20mm f2.8 / 24-105 f4 IS / Flash 90EX / Grip BG-E13

oscaroo

I'm with "sim3213" on this.
I also experienced this with the DualISO while filming with the bitrate set to 1, ie 10mbps.
It would happen now and then.

miahill9

I am struggling with Motion Detect -> Frame difference mode. I think it was working when I first installed (http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5530.0) , but not with the current ISO zip. Thoughts?

Confirmed Shot -> Motion Detect -> Frame Difference is working here "ML For 6D with RAW Shooting 19-06-2013" but not working with "[6D] DualIso-FullPack.zip"

This Project is incredible CHDK, and now ML.  Thanks for all the hard work!

Pelican

I've put 1%'s dual iso full pack ML version available to EOScard so it can download and install to your card.
Right click on ML button, choose ports in progress, then 6D 1.1.3 alpha by 1%
Wait until the download finish, then click Save.
If a previous version exists on the card remove it first (uncheck ML button, click Save, enable to delete ML files)

Download EOScard, bug report here: http://pel.hu/eoscard
EOS 7D Mark II, EOS 7D, EOS 5, EOS 100 + lenses (10mm to 300mm), 600EX, 550EX, YN600EX x 3
EOScard, EOS DSLR firmwares, ARMu, NiControl, etc.: http://pel.hu/down

cpreston

First, thanks to the whole team for Magic Lantern.  Fantastic.

Second, since installing ML on my 6D, I'm having problems with the camera not saving automatically created files on recordings that are longer than the maximum 4GB file size.  Instead, the automatically created consecutive files are sometimes just .DAT files that read as having zero bytes.  I am guessing that this is due to Magic Lantern since I don't seem to have the problem when it isn't running.  I lose the entire recording, but the camera never registers the problem.  I am using 64GB Sandisk Extreme cards.

Virindi

Dual ISO have some problems on my 6D, when I select alternate normal and dual iso photo. Sometimes I get 2 or 3 or 4 normal photos, then one dual; or sometimes the opposite.
The name of the files captured in dual iso is also not accurate, normal photos named dual or the opposite. doesn't seem to be related to the issue I described before..
Finally, on rare occasions, the WB recorded on normal photos (still with alternate function) is really high for no reason. Not a problem since it's raw, just looks weird when you open a series of photos.

oscaroo

I'm with virindi in that I've also gotten normal photos as DUALS and DUALS as normal photos and that the alternative DUAL-nonDUAL isn't reliable.

I thought I was going crazy.

oscaroo

Gday.

A word of warning here.
I took the memory card out of my 6d to update ML on my memory cards and went to watch a movie.
Two hours later, after watching a movie, and updating the ML on the cards I come back to my camera.

I notice it's a bit hot.
I note that the on/off switch is at off.
The camera won't boot when I go to on.
i go off/on/off/on ... no boot.

I put a memory card in and go off/on and it goes on.
I check the battery level, and its got one battery at 20% and the other at 7%. When I went to watch a movie it was at 20% and 100% !! (i had a Meike grip on it)

I think that the 6d has the same problem as the 50d where you have to wait for the card busy light to stop flashing after you open the lid and before you remove the memory card.

boo. *off to charge my camera again.

JusT92

where can i find a 6D dual iso build ? can someone can give me a link please ^^ cant find it anymore

ilguercio

Quote from: oscaroo on August 18, 2013, 01:14:13 PM
Gday.

A word of warning here.
I took the memory card out of my 6d to update ML on my memory cards and went to watch a movie.
Two hours later, after watching a movie, and updating the ML on the cards I come back to my camera.

I notice it's a bit hot.
I note that the on/off switch is at off.
The camera won't boot when I go to on.
i go off/on/off/on ... no boot.

I put a memory card in and go off/on and it goes on.
I check the battery level, and its got one battery at 20% and the other at 7%. When I went to watch a movie it was at 20% and 100% !! (i had a Meike grip on it)

I think that the 6d has the same problem as the 50d where you have to wait for the card busy light to stop flashing after you open the lid and before you remove the memory card.

boo. *off to charge my camera again.
What do you think the led flashes for?
Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.

1%

You didn't mix it with bracketing? Maybe the key system for file prefix is a little off. Should affect everyone, I also noticed a few were IMG instead of DUAL.

Instead, the automatically created consecutive files are sometimes just .DAT files

I tried last night and got a split file.

Quoteafter about 25 secs, the picture starts to look like this:

If you loaded a config, increase the max QPs by like 2. Complex scene + 50/60P probably it ran out.