Tragic Lantern for 6D

Started by 1%, December 24, 2012, 07:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilguercio

There is an option for a custom menu.
Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.
Sigma 70-200 EX OS HSM, Sigma 70-200 Apo EX HSM, Samyang 14 2.8, Samyang 35 1.4, Samyang 85 1.4.
Proud supporter of Magic Lantern.

electrichobo

Quote from: 1% on August 07, 2013, 11:06:30 PM
You can't do flush rate or gop + embedded audio, nor fps override. Otherwise its should work from canon menus as normal (even at like 120Mb/s +). To get those 3 I have to figure out how to patch the audio so the sync functions don't crash the camera.

The begining of the wavs should be in sync with the start of the video clip. After a while they seem to drift someone said that it was in sync with 25P and 600D TL1 working with all audio functions in 25p seems to support that. Alternately I think you can change the wav length to like 103%... if you beep 2 separate times throughout the clip you can probably get figure out the stretch/skew, it should be the same every time.

I also can't just turn on embedded audio for like 3 seconds and turn it off, same crash issue. I can mute it but it will keep writing a blank stream/or crashing.

P.S. this isn't a 6D exclusive issue.. every camera looks affected by it.

copy, so it wasnt my ineptitude it's a software hurdle.  cool. let me know how I can help.

fauxtographer

Quote from: ilguercio on August 08, 2013, 05:18:47 AM
There is an option for a custom menu.

But I mean, make it so those other features aren't even part of the package. Just focus peaking, and audio meters.

Limit what can go wrong when I am shooting a wedding and the camera errors out.
6D | 24-105 f/4 | 70-200 f/4 | 28 - 35 - 50 - 50 - 135 |

ilguercio

Quote from: fauxtographer on August 08, 2013, 06:16:30 AM
But I mean, make it so those other features aren't even part of the package. Just focus peaking, and audio meters.

Limit what can go wrong when I am shooting a wedding and the camera errors out.
Yes, build your own ML autoexec if you want this.
Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.
Sigma 70-200 EX OS HSM, Sigma 70-200 Apo EX HSM, Samyang 14 2.8, Samyang 35 1.4, Samyang 85 1.4.

1%

It doesn't run much better when you take everything out.

asombrir

I also have had the separate wav recording crashes. I switched one of my cards back to the Rec w Vol, build on 7-2-13, and I have less trouble out of that build as far as being able to switch between Raw, and then wanting some reg footage with a separate wav. But with the current build it says my card is not fast enough to record a separate wav, I switch it back to the older build, same settings and it records video and separate audio fine. Seems like a strange glitch, wish I knew more. I hardly understand the meaning of the newest build, but like to try them as they are updated.

1%

If you're getting that message it means the writes from wav are timing out. Are you switching raw off between recording H264?

asombrir

That is what it seemed like. Immediately they, timed out. It happened either way. I could turn the camera on and try straight for the H246, wav crash. Same happened if I recorded raw, then switched. I changed another card back to the modules of 7.2.13, same result. The wav file did not time out, but recorded just fine.

1%

I just went back and forth between 24P raw and H264 with separate wav and a config loaded and nothing timed out tho. Are you sure you had same .sym file as autoexec.bin?

asombrir

You must have been correct. I went and downloaded the updated files again to make sure I had everything correct. Switched out the files on my card. It is working just fine now. Thank you. I am slowly still trying to learn what I am doing with the Encoder options. I had been bypassing and using the H246 from the camera for my vaf tests yesterday.

1%

There's a bit of files to keep straight now. Also with the sym file you can get a 1/2 working version and you won't notice until you go use that one thing which crashes it.  I've done this to myself too.

electrichobo

So it's late and I'm trying to dig through the 104 pages of posts to varying degrees of success.
I'm hunting the best settings for continuous raw recording.  2.35 is fine with me w/ the upscale needed.
what modules in, what settings?  ideally live view enabled.

oscaroo

Thanks 1% for the fullpack zip.
I'm quite happy to see script examples, inc a clock! Yay a clock.
I haven't tried them out yet but I'm sure gonna do that tomorrow when I get home.

Good work on 50d Dual ISO also, I hope it comes to 6d too one day, no hurry. Yay.

1%

PicoC is off so i dunno how much use the scripts are... but dual iso is working. Photo and LV.

oscaroo

ooooooh. Yay at Dual ISO.
Boo at PicoC. Meh. One day i'll have a clock on my camera, one day. I'm patient.

oscaroo

Quick Q:
To do developing for the 6d, is there a virtualbox linux image I can just grab, check out code, and modify and deploy?

oscaroo

Bug?
"ML ASSERT:
raw_lv_request_count >= 0
at ../../src/raw.c:1310 (raw_lv_release), task livev_hiprio_task
lv:0 mode:3

Magic Lantern version : v2.3.NEXT.2013Aug11.6D113
Mercurial changeset   : 90a269a7cd8f+ (unified) tip
Built on 2013-08-11 18:24:55 UTC by user@D610.
Free Memory  : 450K + 1441K
"

On the latest version. ETTR wouldn't work. It just didn't do anything. Eventually I twiddled the knobs till it worked. I did stuff like turn on Expo Sim (was on DOF button only, now always on). Then it was doing something, but after some fiddling around it said Whoops and gave up. I think the scene was too dark for it to ETTR.

1%

Sometimes that happens and auto ettr doesn't want to work. It means tried to turn on raw and still waiting/couldn't.

I have to figure out why, its hit or miss. It will do this a bunch in a row and when you restart it goes back to working.

You have a clock on the photo screen. I thought date used to be there too tho.

ilguercio

Good job with Dual ISO.
Does it work the same as the 5DIII regarding the processing of the files?
Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.

Naito

Great job with the dual ISO 1%!!

Only tested with stills, but this is awesome!

jbeen1313

Thanks for the Dual ISO 1% great work !

Virindi

Just tested dual iso. That's fantastic! Thanks!
I got a few crashes after taking some photos, if you guys have any clue.

Rikoshet

Hi 1%! I'm reding every day this topic so I've done all 105pages!
I have a question about HDMI out (don't find answer on this question yet)! Do you think a day it will possible to have uncompressed HDMI out?
OR better to embed dng or raw or LV image in hdmi stream in cam, record it with Ninja and then extract dngs from it on pc/mac?
May be stupid/futuristic question but I am curios about this possibility becouse our SD controller is too slow to record dngs to SD card and HDMI specs are (from wiki):

-HDMI permits sRGB 4:4:4 chroma subsampling (8–16 bits per component), xvYCC 4:4:4 chroma subsampling (8–16 bits per component), YCbCr 4:4:4 chroma subsampling (8–16 bits per component), or YCbCr 4:2:2 chroma subsampling (8–12 bits per component).

-HDMI 1.4 was released on May 28, 2009, and the first HDMI 1.4 products were available in the second half of 2009.[111][143] HDMI 1.4 increases the maximum resolution to 4K × 2K, i.e. 3840 × 2160p (Quad HD) at 24 Hz/25 Hz/30 Hz or 4096 × 2160p at 24 Hz (which is a resolution used with digital theaters); an HDMI Ethernet Channel (HEC), which allows for a 100 Mbit/s Ethernet connection between the two HDMI connected devices so they can share an Internet connection;[60] and introduces an Audio Return Channel (ARC),[59] 3D Over HDMI, a new Micro HDMI Connector, expanded support for color spaces, with the addition of sYCC601, Adobe RGB and Adobe YCC601; and an Automotive Connection System.

In this thread:
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=6215.0
I see it would be possible to have Max resolution in crop mode 2560x944...

Just curios....
Thanks!
5d mk3, 5d mk2, 7d, 550d, gh4

1%

QuoteDoes it work the same as the 5DIII regarding the processing of the files?

Exactly the same.

QuoteDo you think a day it will possible to have uncompressed HDMI out?

Its already uncompressed, just needs to be like 5DIII and progressive. Maybe something from that new FW will help.