Tragic Lantern for 6D

Started by 1%, December 24, 2012, 07:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cloud_Walker

6D | 550D | 1000D

brdski

I installed on my 6D ML. I made some RAW video test's whit supermoon https://vimeo.com/68936611an made some good pictures, etc, etc. But one day in photo mode i shoot again some pictures in cr2, but pictures are not recognized by LR and DxO this time. I reinstall apps on osx 10.8.4 i update osx. Nothing. Only DPP read cr2 files. It was frustrating, and i think and think... I change cards, lenses, try all combinations. Exif was correct in terms of lens, camera, aperture, iso, etc. At the end i go to reinstall firmware 1.1.3. on my 6D and I try to read first cr2 and everything was OK.

Does anybody knows why and what was corrupted? Very often i have error 70.

oscaroo

Quote from: brdski on July 22, 2013, 11:28:56 PM
I installed on my 6D ML. I made some RAW video test's whit supermoon https://vimeo.com/68936611an made some good pictures, etc, etc. But one day in photo mode i shoot again some pictures in cr2, but pictures are not recognized by LR and DxO this time. I reinstall apps on osx 10.8.4 i update osx. Nothing. Only DPP read cr2 files. It was frustrating, and i think and think... I change cards, lenses, try all combinations. Exif was correct in terms of lens, camera, aperture, iso, etc. At the end i go to reinstall firmware 1.1.3. on my 6D and I try to read first cr2 and everything was OK.

Does anybody knows why and what was corrupted? Very often i have error 70.

What LR version are you using? Old LR don't read 6D cr2s. You need at least LR4. If you're a cheapie and don't want to buy LR4 you can use the free Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) converter to convert the cr2s to a standard DNG that every program can read.

Anisotropic

Quote from: Cloud_Walker on July 22, 2013, 10:55:58 AM
Hi, guys.  Been a long time ML user, first time poster.

I'm not sure where to begin in this thread to find answers to my questions, so I thought I'd just ask.

1. What SD cards do you recommend, and is that the current bottleneck?  I tried RAW video and couldn't get anything for more than a second at resolutions around 1280x720 and above.  I'm using this Transcend card: http://amzn.com/B008CVHLT2.

On this transcend i get continously raw video 1280x720. And ML shows me the 36-37 mb/sec speed. Using exfat 4kb clasters.

brdski

Quote from: oscaroo on July 23, 2013, 02:09:06 AM
What LR version are you using? Old LR don't read 6D cr2s. You need at least LR4. If you're a cheapie and don't want to buy LR4 you can use the free Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) converter to convert the cr2s to a standard DNG that every program can read.

I use LR4. Problem was in 6D after using ML, after "errors 70" camera dont write correct cr2 file. I solve problem whit reinstalling original canon firmware 1.1.3. After that action cr2 is recognized by LR4 and DxO. ;)

ilguercio

@:1% mostly

Is it possible to detect the state of the LOCK slider?
I am asking because i don't use it and i find it a bit useless so we might as well reutilize it for some other function.
What do you think about it?
Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.
Sigma 70-200 EX OS HSM, Sigma 70-200 Apo EX HSM, Samyang 14 2.8, Samyang 35 1.4, Samyang 85 1.4.
Proud supporter of Magic Lantern.

kgv5

Guys

I compared the footage from 5D3 and 6D with the VAF-6D filter.
I have posted original DNG's.

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=6577.0
www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

ilguercio

I might have found a weird behaviour when shooting videos with FPS override.
My case today:
Full HD ALL-I and FPS override set to 35 fps.
When going past 1/250 i get a very bizzarre flickering, as if i am shooting HDR video but i am not.
Any ideas? Shutter speeds are fine, FPS override allows me to go all the way up to 1/43xx but as soon as i choose 1/320 i get epilepsy.
Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.
Sigma 70-200 EX OS HSM, Sigma 70-200 Apo EX HSM, Samyang 14 2.8, Samyang 35 1.4, Samyang 85 1.4.

a1ex

The safe timer limits need to be adjusted (35fps is too much). Adjust the timers manually and see when the image gets restored.

ilguercio

Quote from: a1ex on July 25, 2013, 05:38:17 AM
The safe timer limits need to be adjusted (35fps is too much). Adjust the timers manually and see when the image gets restored.
Cool, so what is basically happening at those shutter speeds?
1/250 is fine for that FPS setting while 1/320 makes it flash.
If i can help in any way...
Also, as i asked above, is the pixel binning method portable from the 5DIII?
One more thing, i noticed that the crop window when shooting raw is a tiny bit narrower than the full frame at maximum resolution.
Not sure if it's a problem with the framing or what.
Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.

a1ex

Yeah, use the menu and find the safe timer values.

ilguercio

I guess i need to find the timers for every Canon FPS option.
If i select 24fps from Canon menu and i set 35fps with override i get 1/80 max while i get 1/250 max when i start from 30fps in canon menu.
Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.

fauxtographer

Hey Guys

I have been out of the loop for some time, what is NEW and FUN?!

Can I find all the necessary files somewhere to get this up and running? I have only really old files, where is noisyboy when you need him!
6D | 24-105 f/4 | 70-200 f/4 | 28 - 35 - 50 - 50 - 135 |

1%

I have to compile a new version. It has lower fps timers (they had a rework when 5D3 did, fixed the flashing mentioned) and uses adtg shutters so no more funky dots/lines, etc.

A slight down side is the higher shutters flip with fps. Mainly its annoying to see 1/1600 flip to 1/1800, etc.

pio_hyun

Quote from: 1% on July 27, 2013, 07:17:49 PM
I have to compile a new version. It has lower fps timers (they had a rework when 5D3 did, fixed the flashing mentioned) and uses adtg shutters so no more funky dots/lines, etc.

A slight down side is the higher shutters flip with fps. Mainly its annoying to see 1/1600 flip to 1/1800, etc.

Where can I download newest .bin file please? I have go to bitbucket, but the newest file is from July 02? :<

oscaroo

Hey Pio

Those are the latest bins.
My guess is 1% is busy with RL.

1%

Unfortunately its true and I'm not having any fun. :)

One project has 2 more days on it I think, and then I'll get some free time.

Bitbucket is being a pain again.

http://www.filedropper.com/6dadtgshutter

I was hoping some people would self compile while I was out but that only happened for 50D. Check low FPS like 2-3 fps, should have less or no defects but I didn't try for a really long time.

ilguercio

Why is 25600 iso rated as H in video mode and as a normal iso speed in photo?
Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.

Alf

I will offer my firstborn for the stable release of ML for Canon 6D ʕु•̫͡•ʔु
In the meantime, my paypal support will have to do.

Here is hoping the DotTune makes it into the release. ♥

Awesome work ML team

1%

Video mode doesn't allow as much gain... its shit anyway. Technically can push it up a wee bit higher but it causes err 70/lockup in bulb mode.

Level seems good in photo mode and switching now, yay. FPS is fixed?

I will offer my firstborn for the stable release of ML for Canon 6D

So all these months of subsequent versions are....? 6D is pretty good... wish the dual ISO worked.. or headphone.. what else is missing?

EOS-M and 600D are a bit jacked ATM.

xNiNELiVES

So no dual iso? Ever? What can you say as of right now, haven't read up in a while about it working on other cameras.

electrichobo

doing a paid shoot with the 6d w/ ML non-raw this weekend. ((will safety shoot with the 5dmarkiii no ML))
I'll report back.

ilguercio

Does the audio that we can record separately have embedded timecode?
If not, is it possible to "burn" it in the audio file?
Also, what happens to the timecode when we are using FPS override?
Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.

1%

Audio is plain wav data. Doesn't have timecode.

I never looked at timecode on fps override clips, figured it was wrong but who knows.

ilguercio

What about the LOCK slider? A few posts ago i was suggesting to use it as a custom slider for whatever, since i don't use it and i am sure many don't as well.
Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.