Tragic Lantern for 6D

Started by 1%, December 24, 2012, 07:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1%

The pro is better for sure but the price of the pro vs several sandisk 45MB/s cards doesn't work.

Long time since I've had anything but the stupid edge colors, also on slower cards didn't have any issue either.

rktaylor

Are there any more nightly builds other then 'NewRecOpt'?  I down loaded it from this discussion group but I have not found anything after that.  I read somewhere that this is a problem with the general download site.

Thanks

6D | Tamron 24-70 f/2.8 | EF 50 f/1.4 | EF 70-300 f/4-5.6 | Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 L

oscaroo

Gooday. I have a maybe-bug.

When reviewing photos and pressing the backlight button to get the focus peaking and histogram there is inconsistent behaviour between rear wheel dial and right/left cursor.

If, while the focus peak/histogram is displayed in image review, rotating the scroll wheel results in the peak/histogram vanishing and the previous/next image appearing. If I use the cursor keys then the display gets all jumbled with it trying to do peaking/histogram on the peaking/histogram.

I have tested this in particular with the "raw" focus peaking method. Where the image is b/w and the focused bits are white dots.

Also, although I love the raw mode cos it's easy to tell what's in focus, it gets annoying having to press the play-button-twice to exist image review mode and go back in so that the normal image is displayed. It would be most preferable to have the light-button to enable the peak/histogram mode and then upon another keypress to have it disable the mode. Currently, pressing the light-button over and over again seems to accumulate the histogram/peak results.

I also have a question about the raw histogram. It seems to only be present in LV and not when reviewing, even though a raw pic was taken. (Large Raw and S Jpeg).

Also, the blue and red zebras are underexpose and over expose right? Are these under/over in terms of the raw file or the jpeg?

Thanks for your fantastic work. I really love the 'raw' focus peaks. It's like having a RGBD cam

oscaroo

1%

QuoteCurrently, pressing the light-button over and over again seems to accumulate the histogram/peak results.

The arrow keys move raw spot meter around this is why it acts different. I know it keeps redrawing, I need to find a fix for that.

Raw data is only present in QR mode right after you take the picture, sucks I kno.

There is some new stuff so I can update today. ShotAsNeutral got updated in raw parameters and I let the volume controls work with tape recorder if separate wav is set.

Jagannatha

Is it correct if I see only 4 buffers lines while recording RAW? I think there were about 6 of them in previuos versions, no?

In this way it only can do 1808x770 40.1MB/s: 197 frames with SanDisk 32 Ext.Pro

1%

Memory hack is on and quality is raw?

danistuta

I've got a Canon 7d and I'd like to buy a 6d and using ML. I'd like to know if this version is total functionally. Does it has all functions I use on my Canon 7d with Alpha 2? Thanks a lot.

1%

No headphone monitoring.... but that is pretty much it. Then again I don't know what you're using on 7D.

Jagannatha

Quote from: 1% on July 02, 2013, 11:08:34 PM
Memory hack is on and quality is raw?

FPS override 24
RAW on
Resolution 1808 x 770 2.35:1
Global Draw Off
Preview Canon
Memory Hack On

Used this one - [6D] RawtypeTEST.zip

Maybe I have to do a clean setup? I mean to delete everything comcerning ML from my SD card and again copy all the files with [6D] RawtypeTEST.zip unziped ?

1%

I'll make a new one soon anyway, I guess the easiest thing to do is to see alloc XX frames and multiply by frame size. Picture quality needs to be raw too for this to work, make sure you didn't change it. The latest compile I have on right now shows all buffers.

Jagannatha

Quote from: 1% on July 02, 2013, 11:53:16 PM
I'll make a new one soon anyway, I guess the easiest thing to do is to see alloc XX frames and multiply by frame size. Picture quality needs to be raw too for this to work, make sure you didn't change it. The latest compile I have on right now shows all buffers.

Shit! Sorry. It was not RAW. I thought  you were talking about video mode.
Now i Get it like this:
FPS override 24
RAW on
Resolution 1808 x 770 2.35:1
Global Draw Off
Preview Hacked No Prev
Memory Hack On
1808x770 40.3-40.5MB/s: 352 frames with SanDisk 32 Ext.Pro
[6D] NewRecOpt.zip

Thank you!

Also noticed that if I turn On the frames skiping it runs continuously and skips 8 frames every second (8 out of 24 FPS) according to what I see on LV monitor

1%

I just turn skipping off.. whats the point of having jerky video.

Jagannatha

I always turn frame skipping off. This time it was just for test.

Could you please explain me a thing:
1808x770=1 392 160 and multiplied by 24 fps is 33 411 840. Correct? Or 33,4 MB/s?

1%

I don't think it works like that... each frame will have a file size. Don't think you can just multiply the res.

New one is up, volume controls using wav recorder if you set it to separate wav. Also corrects some WB entries in the DNG header.

jmanord

If each pixel has 14 bits of data then it's 1808*770*24*14bits = 55.76 MB.

tnk

Is bulb ramping implemented yet? I cannot find it on my camera, maybe I am using an old ML build.

kgv5

Is it possible to unlock 1856 x ...... resolution with some upcoming builds? I think this would be the highest possible resolution for 1x magnification. Maybe we could get 12-13 sec (2,39:1) with it.
www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

Jagannatha

jmanord,
Thank you for your answer.

1%.
What is My_Rec and what is My_Trigg?
Tried Raw record and got 344 frames with 1808*770 and 24FPS
Tried My Raw and got about 177 frames

Maybe I missed the answer but there was a question here about why it shows ML menu dialog only for 3 seconds and if i don't press any button on my camera the menu goes away?

Anisotropic

Hello all! I am read this topic for about 2 month. I`ve tried  the raw video, and acquired some strange result. There are some color short lines and dots on images. It is known bug or no? What should can i do with this?
I`ve tried both rawanizer and raw2cdng, and this color dots exists after both of program.
Under spoiler there are 2 sample images.
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

kgv5

Seems like some colour moire issue.

I think you shoud try to find some info here:

go to reply #2010     http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5586.msg56964;topicseen#msg56964
go to reply #9           http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=6577.0

1%

My_rec and My_trigger are bolt rec.. it doesn't work with new raw_rec but I figured people in the US might want to get some fireworks.

kgv5

1%, what do you think about 1856x.... res (or so) - possible? I mean is 1808x... max or we could have a little bit more?

xNiNELiVES

Quote from: kgv5 on July 03, 2013, 11:57:17 PM
1%, what do you think about 1856x.... res (or so) - possible? I mean is 1808x... max or we could have a little bit more?

Thank you for asking. I've asked 3 times or so that I thought I'd get on people's nerves... As I've said before:

"could you disable the width restriction? I understand that the 6D can't handle higher resolutions well but might as well allow users to use higher resolutions. I mean it isn't hazardous to our camera's... "

There are quite a few other times I've inquired about this... I just don't see the need for this child lock...

kgv5

I understand that 6D sensor res 5568 x 3708 / 3 is 1856x1236. So maybe technically is possible but there has to be some reason that this is unavailable right now.
1856x776 would give ~103,5% of upscale to 1920x800, but probalby reduce recording time from ( i guess  from ~16 to ~11-12sec).