Tragic Lantern for 6D

Started by 1%, December 24, 2012, 07:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noisyboy

In fact - while I'm here - do you know how we get the camera name correctly written into the metadata of the DNG's 1%? I guess this is supposed to happen when they are extracted - not recorded but I don't know how I approach asking about it? Is is something that needs to be changed with raw2dng? Or Rawanizer? I know mkII users are having no problems so I guess our camera just needs adding does it?

1%

I have to look at a bunch of stuff so I'll see. Its supposed to be writing the data already... I thought EOSM was the only one... is it showing up on DNG and not on video?

noisyboy

Sorry man - not showing in DNG's. If you put into lightroom or ACR it shows as Canikon under the models which means you can't select the different camera calibrations.

1%

Looked at the silent pics... its supposed to be using the camera name as camera model for photos when built inside ML.

I looked at EOSM and it had "Canon EOSM" string in the silent DNGs... for raw2dng I'm not sure that it can put the camera string in DNG header.. but its supposed to be in the raw header. I'll look at it again but the corrections from software may not be accuarate for the ML raw.

* Says canon EOS 6D and magic lantern in silent DNG... also magic lantern.

Here is a new one, bit bucket not letting me upload again:

[6D] NewRecOpt.zip
https://mega.co.nz/#!wxxQ1TgS!UuP2tVxSS99zr0M-nXPSp3Cc8R1F3SwgVndA5dlyrJs

noisyboy

Quote from: 1% on June 27, 2013, 05:47:42 PM
Looked at the silent pics... its supposed to be using the camera name as camera model for photos when built inside ML.

I looked at EOSM and it had "Canon EOSM" string in the silent DNGs... for raw2dng I'm not sure that it can put the camera string in DNG header.. but its supposed to be in the raw header. I'll look at it again but the corrections from software may not be accuarate for the ML raw.

* Says canon EOS 6D and magic lantern in silent DNG... also magic lantern.

Here is a new one, bit bucket not letting me upload again:

[6D] NewRecOpt.zip
https://mega.co.nz/#!wxxQ1TgS!UuP2tVxSS99zr0M-nXPSp3Cc8R1F3SwgVndA5dlyrJs

Sorry dude - I'm having a dumb day... so do you mean the exif data is supposed to be there?

noisyboy

What tasty goodness is to be found in the new build dude? Gonna hopefully use my camera a lot tomorrow so wondering if it's worth putting on all my cards?

kgv5

[6D]NewRecOpt - I get higher write speed  - 40,2-40,7 MB/s, sometimes it dropps to 39,7ish.
1808x756 - usually ~370 frames, sometimes getting 392! it is ~ 2sec (30-40 frames) more than previous build but frame numbers are not consistent and varies every time +/- 20. But it's definetelly another step up :) 15sec vs 17sec :)

EDIT: I am getting 392 frames quite often really, with hack on -400 frames.
www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

DerekDock

Quote from: kgv5 on June 27, 2013, 11:23:10 PM
[6D]NewRecOpt - I get higher write speed  - 40,2-40,7 MB/s, sometimes it dropps to 39,7ish.
1808x756 - usually ~370 frames, sometimes getting 392! it is ~ 2sec (30-40 frames) more than previous build but frame numbers are not consistent and varies every time +/- 20. But it's definetelly another step up :) 15sec vs 17sec :)

EDIT: I am getting 392 frames quite often really, with hack on -400 frames.

That's really promising! Just pulled the trigger on ordering the 6D so am anxious to help on the testing side.  ;D
www.vimeo.com/leftcoastdigital
www.twitter.com/derekdock

sparedog

So I have been trying to record at 50fps 720p. Why is there a 1.6 stretch needed, could we not just record 720*1280 at 50fps for shorter periods? thanks

1%

Play it back, its squished.

sparedog

That´s on drugs =D Is there not a way to record unsquished?

kgv5

I think the best you can do to have unstretched image is to record 1280x720 cropped from 1920 and fps override set to 35fps. You will get 68,5% slowmo.
www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

sparedog

Thanks, I shall test it

[edit] Ignore below, I was using a version of raw2cdng from the 1980s =D all fixed
Has anyone managed to open 6d raw video in davinci resolve? Mine come out weird, losing all contrast and completely blown highlights.

JamieRollsMedia650D

just got a 6d is there a Public ML download or is it still in prestage's ? ive got ml on my 650d

cheers.

1%

Read the other thread with the guide, it has been public forever just not promoted.

xNiNELiVES

Teo777 where did you obtain "[6D]NewRecOpt"?

edit- Jesus, I just scoured the thread a bit and found it. My bad, sorry...

Some bugs:
-There are two frame skipping entries.
-When under 1808 horizontal resolution the bottom note says its at 1856 or something of this sort and that it isn't possible.

1%- Bolt.rec and LV.rec are outdated in the current version. They expect higher versions, are they dead because of new advancements that broke the modules? Or am I just outdated. If so where do I obtain the new versions. Thanks.

------------------

1808x682 (GD OFF, Don't Click me, Mem Hack On, 23.976p with Override) Sandisk Extreme Pro 32gb - 626 frames. Looking good!

1%

They are dead, new buffer system. Hahah fuck you're right tho, frame skipping is doubled, will fix that.

Quote-When under 1808 horizontal resolution the bottom note says its at 1856 or something of this sort and that it isn't possible.

This is normal... if you have 1920 selected it will say 1920 is not possible can only do 1808, etc.

xNiNELiVES

Quote from: 1% on June 28, 2013, 08:54:16 PM
They are dead, new buffer system. Hahah fuck you're right tho, frame skipping is doubled, will fix that.

This is normal... if you have 1920 selected it will say 1920 is not possible can only do 1808, etc.

I know about that its just the point that it says it can't do 1856 not 1808. Minor inconsistency error thats all, or is it just me?

1%

xNiNELiVES

Quote from: 1% on June 28, 2013, 09:17:39 PM
1856 is the size before 1920

raw_rec.mo
https://mega.co.nz/#!o5wWiZiA!eZLJEF4EesP6OuxIyM3hJHVllKMEIaN67jbGoJoegKY

Yes but, its 1808 not 1856. On the bottom note saying it can't do the resolution it should state that at 1808x[X] it can't record continuous. Not that at 1856x[X] it can't record continuous.

Whats with the Raw_rec.mo

1%

fixed that doubled frame skip.

xNiNELiVES

Quote from: 1% on June 28, 2013, 09:33:01 PM
fixed that doubled frame skip.

Oh, got you. Why did you increase the max horizontal resolution to 1808 from 1792?

1%

I took out limits for height so it goes back to full size. It was already writing with 4096 alignment anyway so restriction just gave you a few more heights thats it, at expense of width.

Shoot a silent pic to get full size of raw buffer.

xNiNELiVES

Quote from: 1% on June 28, 2013, 09:38:40 PM
I took out limits for height so it goes back to full size. It was already writing with 4096 alignment anyway so restriction just gave you a few more heights thats it, at expense of width.

Shoot a silent pic to get full size of raw buffer.

Ok. Thanks for the explanation.

Where do you enable silent pics? Aren't silent pics just pictures taken without the mirror flapping. Basically one frame of video?

1%

Its 1 frame of raw, in the shoot menu. Used to be shots of 422