Tragic Lantern for 6D

Started by 1%, December 24, 2012, 07:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xNiNELiVES

Quote from: 1% on June 22, 2013, 01:24:51 AM
If I make the hack default... ISO dialog broken, q menu, broken, etc etc.
It basically makes sure no canon dialogs can work so you gain 10% cpu + a bit of write speed...

I have to build for this and M today... height restriction goes away... the other optimizations didn't really help any on 50D, just tried it.

P.S. R00, r01, etc are all 4gb cuts of the same raw file, concatenate them before developing.

Could you temporarily use this hack when taking raw video and disable it after? Also could you disable the width restriction? I understand that the 6D can't handle higher resolutions well but might as well allow users to use higher resolutions. I mean it isn't hazardous to our camera's...

Thanks

teo770

Can you make it default only when using raw video module ?
And cancel it if we unload raw video module ?
Cause ISO can be setted in ML menu, Q menu.... (personaly useless)

Q menu allows you to modify Picture style, WB, drive .... all things useless when recording RAW video, no ?
My gear: CANON 6D / 40mm f2.8 STM / 20mm f2.8 / 24-105 f4 IS / Flash 90EX / Grip BG-E13

xNiNELiVES

Quote from: noisyboy on June 22, 2013, 01:00:43 AM
K - will try when I figure out what I'm doing that is so stupid :P

It does matter. Sometimes you get 30 less frames.

I see that the community is switching for measuring time of footage from frames to (now) minutes and seconds
Quote from: teo770 on June 22, 2013, 01:29:19 AM
Can you make it default only when using raw video module ?
And cancel it if we unload raw video module ?
Cause ISO can be setted in ML menu, Q menu.... (personaly useless)

Q menu allows you to modify Picture style, WB, drive .... all things useless when recording RAW video, no ?

Exactly. Hopefully 1% can implement this. 

noisyboy

Woohoo! Figured it out! I think the key here (in idiots terms...) is the first thing you do when you boot the camera is go into ML menu, load modules and then immediately go into debug and click Don't Click Me. Then record when it sends you back to live view. Just to clarify - didn't have to start in photo mode first... video mode is fine :)

Achievement Unlocked  8)

noisyboy

Sandisk Extreme 45MB/s Exfat @ 1600x640 = 06:20 mins :)

xNiNELiVES

Quote from: noisyboy on June 22, 2013, 01:33:47 AM
Woohoo! Figured it out! I think the key here (in idiots terms...) is the first thing you do when you boot the camera is go into ML menu, load modules and then immediately go into debug and click Don't Click Me. Then record when it sends you back to live view. Just to clarify - didn't have to start in photo mode first... video mode is fine :)

Achievement Unlocked  8)

Why would it matter? What made you think that. Lol :P  ;D

noisyboy

Hmmm.... Might be wrong here. Tried to re-create all the dicking around I was doing previously before I would press record and it still works okay... I think I disabled a couple things first though and also re-formatted to exfat so will have to see the difference. Could be the files being split in fat32?

noisyboy

Comparing now... Looks more and more like Fat32 is the problem here. Exfat 6min plus. Fat 32 02:20 max everytime! Good find teo77

teo770

2.20 minutes => 7 minutes a good 3x ratio.....

But.... would be nice to have more people confirming before champagne !

And.... perhaps an issue for older cams not supporting exFAT....
I know 6D and 5D Mark III does.
Other cams with CF cards can already handle higher write speeds....
A sheet with exFAT compatible cameras is needed !
My gear: CANON 6D / 40mm f2.8 STM / 20mm f2.8 / 24-105 f4 IS / Flash 90EX / Grip BG-E13

noisyboy

There's always time for Champagne  8)

noisyboy

Just tried again... Fat32 - 2:15. Formatted back to exfat - still recording as I type but already on 04:25 and still got loads to go by the looks of the buffer indicator :)

teo770

Just someone more to confirm now...
Or they will think of us as European fools !

;)

1%

I already got into the champagne... next built will have height restriction off.  Its not so easy to have it on/off with recording... well undo would probably work but it really needs to be on before LV opens for max gain.

teo770

Actually, we fire "Dont click me" after powering on the cam in VIDEO mode so LV opens immediatly.
Then, we load raw_rec, then we fire "Don't click me"....

You mean, we can have even more starting in PHOTO mode, loading raw rec, then firing Dont click me,
then switching to MOVIE mode ?

noisyboy

Quote from: teo770 on June 22, 2013, 02:03:33 AM
Just someone more to confirm now...
Or they will think of us as European fools !

;)

Haha! I AM a European fool  8)

teo770

Me too, that's why i say it !

noisyboy

Now to see how this puppy performs on higher resolutions :)

teo770

Wait......

1600x640 with preview: Canon => 8minutes30sec !!! 20.8GB till frame drops

As suggested 1%:
- start the cam in PHOTO mode
- load the raw_rec.mo
- fire "Don't click me"

then switch to MOVIE mode and.... roll on !!! => 8.30 minutes !
2nd try: 8.45 minutes if u stay in PHOTO mode

Noisyboy.... confirm ?

1%

It blocks LV dialogs so any mode before LV... but if its on when LV is open the effect is less.

When I turn it off things should go back to normal but then to run it again should close LV... so right now its OK on don't click me. Maybe should be its own debug option with on/off. I think thats where its headed.. I dunno if stuff from today helped any. So far not really on EOSM.

teo770

We would really need something btw
Preview: Canon and Preview: Hacked (freezed)

It s not possible to display only the recorded frame ? (1600x640 for example)
Wouldn't help no ?

Or.... display LV at 5 FPS... ;)

Meanwhile, tried my HDMI external monitor.... It displays exactly the LV display so when freezed -> freezed too.
So i presume if you turn off the LV, will turn black too.

noisyboy

Quote from: teo770 on June 22, 2013, 02:21:32 AM
Noisyboy.... confirm ?

Amazing! I shall have to try tomorrow now dude as I got carried away again and have to be up for a shoot in 5 hours so really do need to sleep or I'll be useless ;)

Speak tomorrow bud! Thanks again for helping me solve that problem though - appreciated!

noisyboy

Ps. +1 vote for on/off dude :) I'd use it tomorrow if it meant I didn't have to re-boot the camera to disable it every time ;) An indicator to let you know whether it's on or off might be a nice addition too maybe?

xNiNELiVES

Is it just me or has this don't click me hack been here before raw video has been around. Why is it now that teo777 or whoever found it to give a lot more frames today. Weird lol.

electrichobo

I get busy on set for 4 days and i come back to this?!  Okay, I'll test what I can tomorrow, here in the states, using Teo's set ups.

I'll report back. Unless you all have more options.
(side note, and maybe I'm an idiot, but why would I stay in photomode? and how would that work, just set frame burst to continuous?)

xNiNELiVES

Quote from: electrichobo on June 22, 2013, 04:50:44 AM
I get busy on set for 4 days and i come back to this?!  Okay, I'll test what I can tomorrow, here in the states, using Teo's set ups.

I'll report back. Unless you all have more options.
(side note, and maybe I'm an idiot, but why would I stay in photomode? and how would that work, just set frame burst to continuous?)

Video mode works fine. I don't know why you would enable continuous frame bursts. I just turn on the camera like usual and use this new hack and it works fine.