Tragic Lantern for 6D

Started by 1%, December 24, 2012, 07:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xNiNELiVES

Quote from: 1% on June 08, 2013, 04:36:46 PM
Counter is in... that was a good idea to take care of the seconds. No extra counting.

Umm I tried the new version and the its good and bad. You fixed the aspect ratios which is good, you also put a time counter in seconds of how much footage we have. I know there are numerous other additions that I noticed, they're all good. The bad is that whenever I take video (even without the 2 second delay) the live view temporarily freezes goes to black and then starts. Recording is delayed. Also I don't know why you allow us to see all these other resolutions in which we apparently can't use. It seems a bit unnecessary, this part is my 2 cents though...  I know you explained it before, but I still don't see why we can't record above 1792...

1%

The LV blanks to grab the memory... the other resolutions are for zoom mode.

xNiNELiVES

Quote from: 1% on June 08, 2013, 08:38:49 PM
The LV blanks to grab the memory... the other resolutions are for zoom mode.

When I told you earlier about how in photo mode the camera uses auto exposure.  You told me to use exposure over ride.  I did but exposure simulation isn't fully working. The aperture simulation is working but iso exposure simulation isn't. Can you forcefully enable this? It's detrimental to taking video.

Also in previous versions the screen didn't turn black as long as the new versions.  That's my complaint about this new version...

teo770

Quote from: xNiNELiVES on June 08, 2013, 09:59:17 PM
Also in previous versions the screen didn't turn black as long as the new versions.  That's my complaint about this new version...
With short blackout when beginning recording: 7x32MB buffers
Without: 4x32MB buffers

More buffers => more resolution or time ...
My gear: CANON 6D / 40mm f2.8 STM / 20mm f2.8 / 24-105 f4 IS / Flash 90EX / Grip BG-E13

teo770

Quote from: 1% on June 08, 2013, 04:36:46 PM
Counter is in... that was a good idea to take care of the seconds. No extra counting.
Thanks for that 1% !

Next: the format
... Hours:Minutes:Seconds:frame (1-24) with a "timecode font"  ::)

i know, i know..... don't tell it !
My gear: CANON 6D / 40mm f2.8 STM / 20mm f2.8 / 24-105 f4 IS / Flash 90EX / Grip BG-E13

1%

ISO has to be adjusted from ML menu in expo override.

fotojohni

Latest build is incredible!  So much data on the screen and ETTR histogram is amazing, plus the raw zebras...  I feel like it'll be impossible not to get perfectly gradable footage now!  Memory hack and everything working smoothly.

Many thanks! 

One bug to report.  Sometimes, after I record, global draw is forced off and my record button no longer works.  Switching from movie to photo and back to movie fixes this immediately.

1%

Yep, had that on 600D, have to see why... and now 600D build is broken, or I'm out of memory :(

xNiNELiVES

Quote from: 1% on June 09, 2013, 01:45:40 AM
Yep, had that on 600D, have to see why... and now 600D build is broken, or I'm out of memory :(

Ok got exposure simulation to work with ML iso. Thanks. Still though there is still a issue with how it blacks out and freezes temporarily. On the bigmemphoto version there is none of this. I might just post a video to show what I'm talking about.

xNiNELiVES

1% I still don't understand why anything over 1792 horizontal resolution isn't possible. I see that in 5x and 10x mode it is. Why is this? How can the 5D Mark III, besides it's insane write speeds, pull off 1920 x 1080 continuous video. Does the Mark III have to use 5x mode or something?

This is what you said:
"You can't chose over 1792 because that is about where canon size is. "full" size is only 1824. 28x64 is already 1792"
-1%

What the hell are you even saying? >:(

kgv5

When I tested old module lv-rec which theoretically gives an option of 1920x1080 raw, when I checked it in AE it showed 1824x something resolution.
www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

kgv5

www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

1%

It has to black out... no blackout = no memory. Just disable that hack and use the photo mode one if you want. Its in the raw_rec menu... Either 5d3 HD buffer is bigger or they are shooting in 5x like every other camera. I'm guessing latter.

xNiNELiVES

Quote from: 1% on June 09, 2013, 10:01:13 AM
It has to black out... no blackout = no memory. Just disable that hack and use the photo mode one if you want. Its in the raw_rec menu... Either 5d3 HD buffer is bigger or they are shooting in 5x like every other camera. I'm guessing latter.

Does 5x mode actually crop the image?

1%

It doesn't scale as much... basically a 1:1 of the sensor in a few pieces.

electrichobo

Where are we at as far as ratio vs continuous shooting?  I'd like to work on filling in the "matrix" chart that's been floating around but would like to start at where we see our tops right now.

noisyboy

Quote from: xNiNELiVES on June 09, 2013, 08:36:11 AM
This is what you said:
"You can't chose over 1792 because that is about where canon size is. "full" size is only 1824. 28x64 is already 1792"
-1%

What the hell are you even saying? >:(

Mate - I really don't want this to be awkward or anything and we like to keep things nice around here so I'm only gonna politely request this but will you please try and be a little more mindful of your tone dude? You probably don't mean it to come across as rude but it does. There is no tonality in text so I get that you might not mean to come across as impolite but your comments often come across as being very demanding and negative. Remember this is a development forum and positive/constructive feedback is king, not complaining that things don't work. It's not a big deal, just asking you to be conscious of the fact 1% is helping you out MASSIVELY by doing all of this in his spare time and asks nothing from you in return. Just be nice man. Simples :)

sparedog

Quote from: 1% on June 09, 2013, 07:29:10 PM
It doesn't scale as much... basically a 1:1 of the sensor in a few pieces.
Does anyone know if moire is less in 5x mode. I tried testing, but my place of moire - some local buildings - have been out of bounds for me for a while lol

Is there any setup where we can do 720 60p in rawc. I saw some mention of it earlier in this thread, but nothing more was said about it.

[edit] if not 720 60p can we do 720 48fps in rawc? if so, how?

Dumb question, is this file only for EOSm or is it also for 6d [EOSM] - 5D3 Rawtype.zip

nandoide

on 5x mode the moire is 0x, or nearly.

sparedog

Quote from: nandoide on June 09, 2013, 09:55:53 PM
on 5x mode the moire is 0x, or nearly.
so let me try and get my head around this. with 5x a 24mm becomes a 120mm, plus the crop factor of 720 vs using the whole lv frame, maybe half?...240mm? But all this, with the distortion characteristics of a 24mm at the center of the lens? Ive gotta test this, does it look cool, or does it look freaky?
=D

xNiNELiVES

Quote from: noisyboy on June 09, 2013, 09:03:31 PM
Mate - I really don't want this to be awkward or anything and we like to keep things nice around here so I'm only gonna politely request this but will you please try and be a little more mindful of your tone dude? You probably don't mean it to come across as rude but it does. There is no tonality in text so I get that you might not mean to come across as impolite but your comments often come across as being very demanding and negative. Remember this is a development forum and positive/constructive feedback is king, not complaining that things don't work. It's not a big deal, just asking you to be conscious of the fact 1% is helping you out MASSIVELY by doing all of this in his spare time and asks nothing from you in return. Just be nice man. Simples :)

Sorry :(.

Edit:
1% are there changelogs for all your versions? For example whats in: [113] Its New.zip?

nandoide

sparedog,  5x is a digital teleconverter of 3x, 24 mm becomes a 72mm equivalent

we call this 5x because we get that with the 5x mode zoom of the cam, but the image we obtain is 3x.

but no more than 3x: 5x mode is not linked to video mode.

the good, the image is on the center of the lens. distortions. less than full frame image

optical quality better than full frame image but image quality less than a raw photo image: it's a 100% crop of a raw photo image, but better than full frame raw video image, because this one  is "like" a crop of the sensor (same number of points selected)  but getting points sparsely over all the surface of the sensor = moire and aliasing.

The best cams for 5x mode: the cams with the less sensor density of points: full frames, ... 6D perhaps the best

nandoide

xEightLives, you have lost one live in this forum  :P  ;)

The developers have chosen 1792 over 1824 for optimization purposes: more  frames saved on disk without skips. There is a mathematical-algorithmic trick based on getting sizes multiples of certain number.

And 1792 scales very well to 1824.

xNiNELiVES

Quote from: nandoide on June 09, 2013, 10:53:27 PM
xEightLives, you have lost one live in this forum  :P  ;)

The developers have chosen 1792 over 1824 for optimization purposes: more  frames saved on disk without skips. There is a mathematical-algorithmic trick based on getting sizes multiples of certain number.

And 1792 scales very well to 1824.

lol ok, thanks for the explanation. ;D

1%

Commits are right where you get the downloads from... pretty much full changelog.

720PXX is doable... I dunno if 60 crashes it, I think on digic V it doesn't.. I already did 48fps no problem... not sure if it will work at full res, I guess just follow the MB/s indicator.