Tragic Lantern for 6D

Started by 1%, December 24, 2012, 07:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rktaylor

Quote from: fauxtographer on May 27, 2013, 06:47:50 PM
1. I don't think this is possible
2. Turning off HaCKed mode will enable liveview again
3. I believe rc.ini is needed... rate control? or something like that.
4. Don't know what you mean?

Thanks  ... in video mode if I don't use the ML menu it goes away after 5 to 6 seconds.  It continues to display as long as I'm moving around in the menu.  It does not do that when I'm using my camera for still ... only in the video mode.

I've just started playing with the RAW video side this weekend.
6D | Tamron 24-70 f/2.8 | EF 50 f/1.4 | EF 70-300 f/4-5.6 | Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 L

noisyboy

Quote from: 1% on May 27, 2013, 07:09:42 PM
rc.ini ,etc are for H264.. you can turn autoload off or leave it on, won't make a difference until you record H264

BTW how is the noise... any more like banding/etc... you should be random color pixel free tho.

Sweeeeet! Can't wait to try this :)

By the way... PRO TIP: Don't film a wedding with a version of raw_rec that is from the middle of May. It will ruin your day :P

1%

Long file names work on 6D. This breaks deletion tho :(

fauxtographer

Hey 1%, is there ever gonna be a 2x 3x 4x mode for liveview zoom?

I played around with the 5x zoom liveview recording and it is nearly 100% clean in regards to moire and shit.
6D | 24-105 f/4 | 70-200 f/4 | 28 - 35 - 50 - 50 - 135 |

1%

Maybe.. no success with real crop mode just crashes.

There is no 10X zoom either, the raw is the same. So I guess its resize or 1:1 mode for now.

oscaroo

Gday.

Quick question.

is PicoC support avail on the ML for 6d for 1%'s builds?
Or will it simply be the TinyPy whenever it comes around to happening?

Thanks in advance.

pio_hyun

could you add choosing raw file playback function in the new file. love this function in [113] H264CrashFix.zip ^^

oscaroo

Nevermind.
I just got my camera back from warranty and they put 1.1.3 on it, so i updated ML to that and I see it does scripts, the TinyCC ones. I'll give that a go later with the int main(){} wrapper from the PicoCC ones and use the hello world example for the PicoCC one.

I also note voice tags broke :(
When in just-took-a-pic-in-review mode with focus peaking enabled, pressing the set button causes more red dots to appear. Pressing it again causes even more red dots to appear. Instead of recording audio, or at least giving an indication that its recording. Version: [[113] NoDefc.zip]

Also, the "press LV to rate" while on review (play button) mode remains disfunctional by rotating the photo instead of rating it.

sparedog

Quote from: 1% on May 28, 2013, 04:41:37 AM
Maybe.. no success with real crop mode just crashes.

There is no 10X zoom either, the raw is the same. So I guess its resize or 1:1 mode for now.
glad to see its not just me, I was wondering why x10 and x 5 gave the same results

1%

LV to rate broke again? Ill look at voice tags.

Ok, voice tags are broken globally, 600D they don't work either. The shortuct isn't being used. LV rate in photo mode isn't detecting it needs to press twice for some reason.

Found it... there is another dialog handler when the q menu comes up in play mode.

kgv5

I have made a small research and according to this video bitrate calculator:

http://web.forret.com/tools/video_fps.asp?width=1720&height=720&fps=24&space=raw&depth=14

when 12 and 10 bits became reality, theoretically speaking we could get:

(calculator bitrate estimation is different from ML, shows 2 to 3 MB/s more than ML)

Example calculations I made with VBC:

for 2,39:1

1600x670 14 bit - 45 MB/s; 12 - 38,5;  10 - 32
1680x702 14-49,5;              12-42,5;   10-35,5
1720x720 14-52;                 12-44,5;   10-37
1816x760 14-58;                 12-50;      10-41,5

for 16:9
max for 6D - 1816x1022 14-78, 12-67, 10-56.

This shows, that IN THEORY (and if somehow ML will be able to get SD card 50MB/s write speed) 6D would be able to shoot continously 1816x760 in 12 bits.
If we have still ~38-40 MB/s write speed than 1720x720 12bit should give very usable 350-400 frames.

www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

sparedog

with an exfat formatted sd card, i cant recorded files larger than 4gb. Is this correct, or do I need to do something after formatting it on windows

coutts

I've merged code with the main repo, let's try to wrap this up and be stable :)

oscaroo

Gday.

Using: [113] Fbrowser1.zip
* Voice tag after photo take (using set) still don't work. However, recording audio via audio menu and record audio, does work.
* LV rate is still broken. Still rotates the picture.
* When the camera is "sleeping". Pressing the Delete button doesn't wake it up. It just makes the little red light flash for a bit

I got a simple TinyCC script running that does printf's. But how do I do useful stuff? I couldn't find any doco nor API. I saw the PicoCC API forum page, but using those functions result in not finding the API function. I'm starting to think that TinyCC requires direct including and using the functions that ML uses internally rather than a new fake API, is this correct?

I grabbed the Hello.c example from the picoc examples. I removed the takepic and sleep calls, and left only the printfs. I wrapped it around an int main(int n) {} and kept the comments at the top. ML then reads the comments properly and prompts me for a 'number of shots to take'. But then this 'number of shots to take' isn't passed into my int n on the main function.

I also had some difficulty with Auto ETTR but it was because my 'exposure simulation' was turned off. D'oh! All good now. A very handy feature!
*shruggles

I confirm the format works :D and that the wifi remote shoot still works. Yay. Thanks

1%

Quote* Voice tag after photo take (using set) still don't work.

I'm working on it. Something with set button handling while in QR mode.

QuoteLV rate is still broken. Still rotates the picture.

It worked and then it didnt... worked on movies (I guess useless)... fixed it today after I read it was a problem. The tweak task was updating too fast.

QuoteWhen the camera is "sleeping". Pressing the Delete button doesn't wake it up. It just makes the little red light flash for a bit

I think this is related to voice tags... same as set in QR mode.. flashes the light and does jack shit.

I have to add Tinypy to the next build for it to work I think. A1ex is working on moving the scripts over I think.

BTW, coutts got wakeup from set button.

oscaroo

Yay.

Thank you.
I'll update again in a few weeks and re-test.

1%

I think I have it mostly fixed. have a weird issue with the set button, other than that should be done soon.

Veggietech

I don't know if I'm doing it wrong, but in movie mode, pressing the "focus points" button still wants you to choose focus points (but brings up the menu for iso/kelvin aswell). Is there a way to ignore the focus point box completely? It kind of works if you set focus to manual, but it stills bring up the focus point selections on the first press (and after hiding it with a second, you can change iso/kelvin).

Cheers.

1%

You have to doubleclick (also enable in menu) while recording. Shouldn't bring up focus point selection except in photo mode.

xNiNELiVES

So does this mean the first stable release, available from the homepage, will be released?

1%

Maybe... its pretty much the same release with some stuff turned off (I think br and you get the un-updated help menu)... I'm not sprinkling instability dust on the builds.

QuoteI don't know if I'm doing it wrong, but in movie mode

Found your bug... don't use AF "quick" in live view. I'll have to disable shortcuts for af quick mode.

oscaroo

Sweet!
Thanks 1% .. voice tags work again.
Buut ....

"RAW Processing" through the canon menu dies with error 70.

Log/assert files at: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/syogzdreypjre2f/rbMS0D3eDQ

Also, it seemed that deleting a file in a directory (via the file browser) and the directory there ending up empty results in the directory being removed. I had a script in SCRIPTS and del'd it via the filebrowser. Next reboot and ML says script dir is missing.

Veggietech

Quote from: 1% on May 29, 2013, 03:27:33 AM
Found your bug... don't use AF "quick" in live view. I'll have to disable shortcuts for af quick mode.

Thanks man! It's only like this when not recording in movie mode! But it's convinient to change the iso/kelvin with shortcuts before starting recording :)
I'll try changing to another focusing mode then. Although AF Quick is the one I prefer to use :/

Cheers.

sparedog

Quote from: Veggietech on May 29, 2013, 10:40:40 AM
Thanks man! It's only like this when not recording in movie mode! But it's convinient to change the iso/kelvin with shortcuts before starting recording :)
I'll try changing to another focusing mode then. Although AF Quick is the one I prefer to use :/

Cheers.
I use af quick too, so I just change it to another focussing mode only to get white balance and then switch it back afterwards.

oscaroo

Another thingo, maybe not a bug:

When using the colour schemes, Ie "Dark Red", and a photo is taken, the quick review is toned as per the colour scheme.
But later, in the review screen, it is untoned.

It would be swell if it was untoned in quick review and image view.

Also ...
When going to ML menu, through "trashcan" and then pressing "menu" so as to invoke the colourfulsquares menu style I notice that the background of some of the squares are not filled-in with a solid colour. Instead, they're filled with the scene of the last taken photo. This does not occur when the colour scheme is Default. The colours that map to the last taken photo are the acqua-ish ones and dark green ones.

Also ...
It would be nice if one could view the focuspeak+histogram while on the image-review screen, rather than just LV and quick review.