Tragic Lantern for 6D

Started by 1%, December 24, 2012, 07:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1%

100MB/s you can do with fixed QP of like 10 or 15. RC will give you 60-100 depending on the scene. Try some stuff and see what you get.

kgv5

Quote from: pio_hyun on May 26, 2013, 04:05:57 PM
so what should i choose at Encoder Menu to have a best result with bitrate ~ 100mbps? :)

We've discussed this previously, good settings would be probably IPB, flush auto (to have sound), gop24, rate control, autoload on. I get about 60-80 mbps with these settings but for IPB it should give better quality than the same bitrate with All-I
www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

pio_hyun

thank you for fast reply :D Just do it and result is good

@1%: By the way, love the new function that you added in newest file. But problem when i shot in 1504x640, i cant playback when resolution is set in another number (like 1440x612 etc)

1%

Yea I know. You have to rmember what it was. Its listed under the bugs for the 5DII module I got this from. At least you're good when shooting the same res and can delete.

teo770

Funny, ML discovered a RAW video function 2 months ago... develop,develop, develop.....
We know have a damned good RAW video function.... even RAW file management (ended in 2 weeks) !

Meanwhile, after monthes of developpement with $$$$ ingeneers, Canon releases 2 firmware updates for 5D Mark III and 6D....
To allow "clean" HDMI.... and correct a date issue.....

Wao.... Canon !
Are u somewhat paying too much your 200 engineers
or
just using the same very powerfull sensor/processors and market segmenting that much !!!

So.... ML team has genious geeks or Canon has genious marketing teams....
BOTH !! no ?
My gear: CANON 6D / 40mm f2.8 STM / 20mm f2.8 / 24-105 f4 IS / Flash 90EX / Grip BG-E13

nandoide

Hi, it's necessary to check lv_dispsize in this line of raw_rec.c, to avoid 9/16 desqueeze on zoom modes:

static float get_squeeze_factor()
{
    if (video_mode_resolution == 1 && is_movie_mode() && lv_dispsize <= 1) /* 720p and movie mode and not in zoom mode, the image squeezed */
    {...

DTSET123

Hey 1%, so 10 and 12bit video is dead for now or is there hope?

Shield

Quote from: 1% on May 24, 2013, 10:42:06 PM
It already runs till your card fills on some resolutions.

PS. If you fill the card and your footer is missing, shoot a quick shot at the same settings and then copy pasta the footer from that file to the end of the huge file.

Any hints on how to do this?
Thanks,
Shawn

1%

The module isn't fast enough.. 10/12 bit will probably have to be done via registers.

xNiNELiVES

Quote from: 1% on May 27, 2013, 02:34:01 AM
The module isn't fast enough.. 10/12 bit will probably have to be done via registers.

Registers?  What are those?

Shield

Quote from: Shield on May 27, 2013, 02:18:56 AM
Any hints on how to do this?
Thanks,
Shawn

Well, I've pulled down a free hex editor (HxD) and replaced what I believed to be the footer from footage recorded just after the "big" one.  Only problem is I can only extract the same number of dng files that I can with the "new" raw file - meaning the new raw file was very short just to grab the footer.
Short of recording a really long video and grabbing it's footer, what else can I do?

I did a replace insert beginning with the line that looked like this (and everything after it):
@bYÈ($b†È:$L,,(LÂ

RYAN2310

Any other programme is able to make raw to dng?
When i open the raw2dng.exe (win), it popped a second and closed. What is the reason of it? :'(

Shield

Quote from: RYAN2310 on May 27, 2013, 03:05:41 AM
When i open the raw2dng.exe (win), it popped a second and closed. What is the reason of it? :'(

Drop your raw file directly on the raw2dng file; it'll create .dng files.  You have some reading to do brother..:)

pio_hyun

Just move .raw file above raw2dng.exe.

noisyboy

Does this happen with all files?

RYAN2310

thank you. I have tried to move .raw file above raw2dng.exe but there was no created dng file in the folder. :'(
really frustrated...

Shield

I'll post a layman's "how to" to replace the footer information.  This wasn't that tough.

noisyboy

Quote from: Shield on May 27, 2013, 03:46:18 AM
I'll post a layman's "how to" to replace the footer information.  This wasn't that tough.

Cool - thanks man. Could you possibly post that in the post processing thread and just link to it from here? It's just a bit off topic for here. I know 1% started the conversation but don't want traffic coming this way regarding it so we keep the forum cleaner.

Thanks Shield :)

Ps. Could really know about this myself right now too so nice work :P

noisyboy

Quote from: RYAN2310 on May 27, 2013, 03:21:51 AM
thank you. I have tried to move .raw file above raw2dng.exe but there was no created dng file in the folder. :'(
really frustrated...

Have a read in the post processing thread dude and if you don't find your answer then ask in there. Cheers!

Virindi

Quote from: RYAN2310 on May 27, 2013, 03:21:51 AM
really frustrated...

It happened to me once only with a full 4Gb file during tests. When I end the recording manually I never have this problem.

rktaylor

I have a few questions with the current releases

1.  Is it possible to set a default resolution of 1504x630 so when I turn the camera on it's already set?
2.  When I record I don't get a live view.  I just get a still of from when I started taking the picture.  Am I doing something wrong?
3.  When I change to video it displays B:/ML/rc.ini ... should it do that or is the file not required?
4.  I'm also guessing that the flicker every 5 seconds (if I'm not using the menu) is normal unless I don't have the setting correct.

thanks for the help and the great development work by all involved!!!
6D | Tamron 24-70 f/2.8 | EF 50 f/1.4 | EF 70-300 f/4-5.6 | Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 L

fauxtographer

Quote from: rktaylor on May 27, 2013, 06:32:42 PM
I have a few questions with the current releases

1.  Is it possible to set a default resolution of 1504x630 so when I turn the camera on it's already set?
2.  When I record I don't get a live view.  I just get a still of from when I started taking the picture.  Am I doing something wrong?
3.  When I change to video it displays B:/ML/rc.ini ... should it do that or is the file not required?
4.  I'm also guessing that the flicker every 5 seconds (if I'm not using the menu) is normal unless I don't have the setting correct.

thanks for the help and the great development work by all involved!!!

1. I don't think this is possible
2. Turning off HaCKed mode will enable liveview again
3. I believe rc.ini is needed... rate control? or something like that.
4. Don't know what you mean?
6D | 24-105 f/4 | 70-200 f/4 | 28 - 35 - 50 - 50 - 135 |

1%

rc.ini ,etc are for H264.. you can turn autoload off or leave it on, won't make a difference until you record H264

BTW how is the noise... any more like banding/etc... you should be random color pixel free tho.

fauxtographer

Did a quick test with the latest bin

Photo Mode
HaCKed mode off
Global Draw on and Focus Peaking

1720 x 646 upscaled to 3072 x 1154 output with Maximum render quality to 1920 x 1080

6D | 24-105 f/4 | 70-200 f/4 | 28 - 35 - 50 - 50 - 135 |