Tragic Lantern for 6D

Started by 1%, December 24, 2012, 07:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

exflyer

silent pictures, of course  :)
Kgv5, Thank you very much

criz_a

Hi, I am on vacation and would like to copy the new files to my SD card, to fix the focus confirmation.

However, I have only my 6D and the usb cable with me, and access to a desktop computer without card reader.

Is there a way to overwrite the old with the new files? As you might know, when connecting the camera, it only shows
the picture files....Any ideas how to do it? Thanks.

1%

That won't work :(

Your only hope is to get a reader somewhere.

criz_a

Well, thanks for the quick answer. Now my last hope was when I put the SD card into a compact camera from Panasonic and connected it to the PC. Now I could see the ML files, but the the card was read only, how is that possible? (I checked the lock switch already.)

1%

Dunno... maybe it doesn't allow writing to foreign cards.

noisyboy

Don't know if this was raised but using the zoom function with FPS override enabled makes the display screen go crazy. Sorry if that has already been brought up! Still using version from 28/02/2013.

1%

Yep, saw that a few times. Maybe should disable FPS override in zoom mode somehow or have it change timing values when zoomed. Image size is different and so timings will be different.

28/02 or 28/04? The latter I think had af confirmation changed so no trap focus, etc.

a1ex

Can you show a screenshot or a small video? It's probably from vsync.

noisyboy

Quote from: a1ex on May 09, 2013, 09:10:19 PM
Can you show a screenshot or a small video? It's probably from vsync.

Hey dude - not sure how to produce a screenshot so I'll just take a pic of the back of the camera with my iPhone and upload it in a sec :P

noisyboy

1%

I remember the lines were changed for FPS overried to get rid of the lv_dispsize >1 deal. And by that pic its bad timings. I guess EVF sync could be not working for zoom but it does for LV_REC and get no corrupt images when zoomed in.

Timer A is 730 stock in zoom at 1080p24... 500something in regular lv.

a1ex

Ah, FPS_TIMER_A_MIN or FPS_TIMER_B_MIN is too low.

1%

Min is 706 in zoom mode for 1080P, lower than that and I get image collapse.

Should fix it, have to build and test:

https://bitbucket.org/OtherOnePercent/tragic-lantern-6d/commits/307c5c3dcd1936c9339e0d6cb797525d8971e4be

*Tested both modes, fix is up.

noisyboy

Totally have no idea what any of that means but it sounds great ;) Hope I've helped somehow!

Cheers :)

1%

Well now people can LV_REC/dng with with zoomed image I guess.

exflyer

Quote from: 1% on May 09, 2013, 10:16:11 PM
Well now people can LV_REC/dng with with zoomed image I guess.
Very quickly, thanks  :)

noisyboy

Hooray - works great :) Cheers 1%  :D

noisyboy

Oo - one other thing... Is it just me or is it a common problem that after a DNG Burst, once it's finished saving it automatically shoots another burst but then gets to saving about 2 pics before beeping and saying Saving Cancelled.f?

Ps. Something interesting I've just been playing with is the zoom function while shooting DNG Bursts. I guess you already know this being all badass and all but it's interesting that it works (while saving me about 25 frames at 258x963) and I guess what I'm wondering is - is this a direct crop of the sensor? As in there isn't much going on in terms of huge amounts of downsizing the image therefore giving us less moire/aliasing artifacts? I know it would be a pain in the ass having to be cropped in all that way for this to work but I think I could live with it on certain shots if it meant less horrific moire/aliasing.

1%

If you move the zoom box down you get the rest of the height. So you can take real high res silent pic. For video that's not going to help much.

Burst seems to be working ok here, it didn't take any more pics after it was done saving.

67 frames... 720P24 (fast TV.. no dots in the dark)

noisyboy

Weird. It didn't do it at first but now it happens after ever burst.

I'll format the card and start again ans see if that fixes it.

As for getting the 67 frames, I'm just curious - what are you doing to "un-stretch" the images you get when shooting at 720?

1%

Resize a little in after effects.

Maybe sticky half shutter is on? I'll see if it happens.. only burst mode? There are a few new ones now.

exflyer

Is there a way to download DNG files directly from the camera to the computer?

1%

Do they show up when you connect via usb?

exflyer

Quote from: 1% on May 10, 2013, 05:05:23 PM
Do they show up when you connect via usb?
No, I do not see them