Tragic Lantern for 6D

Started by 1%, December 24, 2012, 07:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noisyboy

Quote from: noisyboy on April 27, 2013, 04:37:11 PM
WOW! This is incredible! How likely does this look for us SD card users? Fingers crossed that we get clean HDMI eh! Hats off the ML team once again :D

Of course I mean RAW shooting.

1%

Quotecan i upgrade anyway  and after upgrade i can have ml menu too?

Since you have the boot flag set update to 113 then get a 113 bin and support files and set the card bootable. Either you're using a 113 bin on 112 and not getting a menu or you have the right bin but the card isn't bootable.

You can set it with eos-card, just don't let it overwrite the ML files. You can cheat and just load 2.3 and then overwrite the autoexec.bin + add the H264 files.

QuoteWould it be real 4.2.2 ?

Yup, its real 422... just can't push a high fps just like every other 422 recorder before it. It will shoot small burst though. I don't know what you want to use them for. DNG data as one file I don't know how to play back yet. Main benefit of this is we now have TCC to load other modules and also the silent pic DNGs.

rktaylor

I just updated to the newest 113 bin successfully and I get a "Scripts Dir Missing" message when booting.  I added an ML/SCRIPTS directory and the message goes away so apparently there is something to goes there.  Are there any files to put in that directory?

Thanks
6D | Tamron 24-70 f/2.8 | EF 50 f/1.4 | EF 70-300 f/4-5.6 | Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 L

1%

Yea, just make a scripts dir. Eventually scripts can go in there. I opted for TCC instead of picoC but for some reason it still wants a scripts dir.

rktaylor

6D | Tamron 24-70 f/2.8 | EF 50 f/1.4 | EF 70-300 f/4-5.6 | Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 L

noisyboy

Also, I guess this means you are a step closer to ticking these two off your list? ;)

RAW is very exciting but am I right in thinking that this is a step towards killing the awful Moire issues and you could potentially output 2k 4.2.2 files?

Well done to you and the team AGAIN! You are smashing it!

Quote from: 1% on April 15, 2013, 01:42:38 AM
Probably most exciting and hardest things are:

*Mjpeg -Kill H264
*Resizing/Cropping - No more Moire

1%

Not exactly 2k, buffer sized. The raw isn't that big... but we're struggling for decent FPS on 720P. I think the moire is there no matter what. Take some raw pics when you see moire and check.

wnyhiphop

:-[  my 6d is not booting at all.  no power at all.  what can i do?

1%

Pull out card... pull out battery.

Put back only battery. Try then... I think you cross loaded a bin there.

nanomad

You should really implement the signature check... Look at reboot.c and fw-signature.h
I placed a function in debug.c to print the correct value ;) I
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

1%

Does it skip all digic v if not fixed then? I put the signatures and IFdefed them for both 112 and 113 and the bins were still cross loading.  I'll try to fix it as soon as possible.

Well sig still computes as 0x6B6A9C6F... its set to check it too unless I'm missing something. Same stuff defined for 650D as 6D and all. So maybe sig check is failing.

Malex

Hi, I'm now using ML with 113 and it looks like the ML menu flickers more often.

I have a feature request : wouldn't it be cool to be able to change the audio level easily with the Arrow/Set shortcuts?
Right now it only works for iso/kelvin , shutter/aperture, and LCD bright/saturation.
How about mic level/headphone volume (for 5DIII) ?

nanomad

Quote from: 1% on April 29, 2013, 12:26:44 AM
Does it skip all digic v if not fixed then? I put the signatures and IFdefed them for both 112 and 113 and the bins were still cross loading.  I'll try to fix it as soon as possible.

Well sig still computes as 0x6B6A9C6F... its set to check it too unless I'm missing something. Same stuff defined for 650D as 6D and all. So maybe sig check is failing.

IIRC it uses CONFIG_6D which is the same regardless of the FW version
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

1%

Quotewouldn't it be cool to be able to change the audio level easily with the Arrow/Set shortcuts?

I could probably code this.. I can set input volume and ALC Off, right now its only set up for separate wav. I don't know if canon will override what I set when audio is enabled.

QuoteIIRC it uses CONFIG_6D which is the same regardless of the FW version

I made CONFIG_113 and CONFIG_112... it was ifdef'd out. Now I went back to only using 113 and only the 113 sig so latest bins should ONLY run on 113... but do they?

QuoteHi, I'm now using ML with 113 and it looks like the ML menu flickers more often.

Its redraw flood... constantly pops menu in the background. If I stop it from flickering then you won't be able to use scroll wheels in the menu. I didn't make this part: noticed it flickers more on every camera now.

noisyboy

Cool - I just had a lightbulb! Only thing stopping me getting a Mosaic Engineering filter was having to take it out for stills and soon I'll be able to shoot RAW without having to remove it at all thanks to the new developments with ML! Woohoo! The gift that keeps on giving ;)

1%

Well the raw works now but like 2 second bursts. How is the moire in it? I haven't had any crop up that I could consistently test with.

noisyboy

In the latest .bin? Sweet! I shall have a go and let you know what happens.

Damn you 1%, just when I thought I'd get an early night you have to go and make Christmas come early *shakes fist* ;)

noisyboy

Quote from: noisyboy on April 30, 2013, 01:30:20 AM
I shall have a go and let you know what happens.

As in regarding the moire I mean.

noisyboy

Ooo! In fact - before I begin is this for 113?

1%

Yep, you're good to upgrade now. No more 112. It will keep the boot flag.

Probably easier to upgrade on a non-bootable card to avoid the chance of cross loading bins.

noisyboy

1%

Good luck :)

Well you don't really need it, I went back and forth a few times. Just cross loading is annoying because you have to pull the battery, take out the card and then put the battery back in with no card. Nothing broke tho. You can also hold set while starting up and do magic off, then just turn it off after its finished and change the bins.

noisyboy

Amazing! And thanks by the way. Really :)

Will run a few tests in a mo.

noisyboy

Hey man. Any idea why AE might not be giving me the option to import the DNG's as a sequence? The box is grayed out and says "sequence not available"... Hmmm...

noisyboy

Ps. first attempt got me about 29 frames and now I cant seem to get over 15. Wonder if I changed something?