Tragic Lantern for 6D

Started by 1%, December 24, 2012, 07:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nanomad

H/S -> Half Shutter press
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

oscaroo

Maybe bug:
I'm on that 112 ML version that fixes the audio remote shoot.

My liveview no longer shows the focus peaking dots. But they are visible on the review window when I review a photo. The ML draw mode is set to all modes, not just review xor liveview.

Also,
attempting to 'Format' the camera results in a Beep, and a shoot_malloc failure on the format dialogue.
The "free memory" report window shows 6M as contiguious shoot_malloc and 113M total shoot malloc, 445K for malloc, 3050K for allocate memory and 540K for stack space.

1%

the shoot malloc won't work till we enable chunking. ill check focus peaking.. maybe some eos m stuff got in

a 23 got changed to a 24, so fixed now.

oscaroo

Awesome 1% man.
I'll re-download and deploy on my camera. I'll report back any bugs.
At least I have "erase images" to use instead of "format".

1%

btw: headway is made on wifi bug... its the cache hack we use to take over the gui task and let you press buttons for ml menu, etc.

without it no ml menu but also lv and wifi lv work. so need a new method to fix this.

113 is almost all up for me except this last part and ivaparm mode. once this bug is fixed i can see if ivaparams can be enabled/used on 113 or if canon screwed us.

oscaroo

Gday again.

I got your new version and it still didn't work.
For whatever reason, suddenly, (and on a release a month versions ago), I stopped seeing all ML overlays on LV or video mode. This means, none of the little battery icon, nor numbery thingos ML does, nor focus peak, nor nothing would display when on LV (even if 'draw on all modes' was on).

I thought the new version would fix that, but it didn't.

Then i started activating ML features on/off at random.

Eventually I touched upon False color, activated it, and went to LV ... and things were drawing again!
Then I turned false color off, and things (zebra,peak, etc) were still being drawn in the UI as they should be.

So, I think ML, at some point in time set some setting in the camera that stopped it from drawing over the LV. This setting, whatever, was not stored on the memcard since I've wiped that clean already. But, however, turning false color on/off made it all work again. There were no logs on the memcard after things started working again.

It might also be a canon problem. While holidaying I was on the "raw processing" menu of the canon menu, doing some 'raw processing' of an image I had just taken. And the camera froze. I re-batteried it and it booted ok, but then the LCD was refreshing slower than usual and I could see it flicker. I left the camera by itself turned off and later used it again and it was back to normal. Maybe when that happened some muck occurred. Dunno. I'm not too sure when exactly LV overlays died.

But its all back now.

Another thing, when using audio tags after a photo is taken the screen has a time-elapsed counter. if image review time is < "HOLD" then the screen will turn off after image review time but the audio will keep recording until i press set again. Minor issue. Ideally, the screen should remain on while recording.

I like the chipmunk-voice play-back-audio-recording feature.

1%

Weird, I have no drawing issues. Lemme look around. BTW patched the voice tags to record forever without freeze.

Think wifi and LV sending is working this morning. I just tried both 113 and 112.

coutts

got lots done since yesterday, working on fixing up the audio stuff now.

1%

Good news... bit rate hacks ARE working with 113. A lot of things moved up by 0x4... so I already see a bug.. the focus box isn't hiding... but working on it. Canon didn't mess with us after all...

Better news: I *think* i can set individual ivaparams. So far just reading source and have to work a method.

Audio *is* working with cache patches but there are a few new things we can try:

1. Use play_wav_data... oldy but a goody
2. Use the voi built in voice recorder
Top 2 may interfere with things and may be inflexible in terms of # of channels or 16/8bit..
3. Figure out state object for asif and give it the semaphores it wants so the patches are no longer needed.

Also:
Can make IPP or IBB encoding modes... IPP is a bit dangerous as you can't change stuff via canon menu when its on.
IBB is easy, just set gop to 3. Those P frames take up a bit of data.

*Foucs box isn't hiding when display filter (new peaking) is enabled.

noisyboy

1% - Just wondering, are the recent Autoexec's you have been uploading for firmware 112 or 113?

Cheers :)

1%

All have been 112... I have not released a 113 yet. Working on a redraw issue then it *should* be good to go. I'll label the first with 113 and then stop supporting 112 I guess.

noisyboy

Quote from: 1% on April 20, 2013, 07:15:23 PM
All have been 112... I have not released a 113 yet. Working on a redraw issue then it *should* be good to go. I'll label the first with 113 and then stop supporting 112 I guess.

Great thanks man!

Just checking as I didn't want to go ahead with 113 until I figured it was a safe bet.

Also, I'm still getting to grips with the deeper side of ML and wondered how I give you a log if things go weird on me. Have been using it on a few gigs and weddings and getting quite a few crashes throughout the day. Not been using anything fancy, just focus peaking and zebras as far as I am aware (oh and the odd HDR here and there) but would like to give you the logs to contribute towards getting this puppy stable.

Thanks!

1%

It should generate an assert or log001, 2, 3 etc. What kind of crash are you getting? Does it error 70 or freeze?

Movie or photo?

noisyboy

Video. Can't remember what the errors have been as I was in such a panic to get it working again I just pop the battery out and carry on as quick as I can but if I remember correctly it would stop recording and freeze with some error. Until just now though I have been using an Autoexec you posted around 03/03/2013 so I could just be due to it being a buggy version. I currently have my camera sat recording away with "restart movie" enabled so if I can replicate it I'll let you know. Fingers crossed your latest version should make a change but where exactly do I pull the log from if it doesn't?

Cheers :)

1%

They should be in the root of the card.

That is an old version so I'd update. A month of changes went in since then.

coutts

Spent some time studying audio code in the 6d, it appears the code is almost identical to the 5D3, except for the addition of a new StateMachine, AsifState, and a slew of semaphore checks which is what's breaking beeps / test tones on the 6D. These semaphores aren't in the 5d3 so there's no issues.

Either we need to patch all of the semaphores out (last resort way, hacked), or study the state machine and see if we can inject some state changes required to stop Asif successfully.

Using the built in function to start/stop a beep works:

call( "StartPlayWaveData" );
msleep(5000);
call ( "StopPlayWaveData" );

but we can't play custom beep tones with this method, and my attempts to change the buffer used for the tone didnt' work either. This is how Alex implemented beeps, by studying this function and seeing how it works underneath this wrapper function (so he could pass custom tones to it).

Start asif works, but StopASIFDMADAC doesn't return, so at some point a semaphore check is timing out and causes err70. In StopASIFDMADAC, the call to (i think it's) TaskClass_TryPostEvent() returns 0 which causes the lockup. It returns 0 probably because the states are all messed up with AsifState, since we didn't trigger any state changes to start the wav playing.

I'm gonna try to work on this more this week, but at least we're making some good progress to understanding the real underlying problem.

1%

This will really apply more to EOS M as I even have wav recording with video now. Yes I patched those semaphores and patched asif to continue correctly.

One EOS M this does NOT work at all and the camera hangs after finishing playing wav data or after finishing recording.

Need to add input volume setting and mic selection for separate wav as those aren't available from canon menu when audio is turned off.

Now only thing keeping me from an update is that stupid flicker bug... was it present on 112? Did you guys have focus box clear using display filters in movie mode? Did spot meter flash in movie mode?

1%

First 113 is here!

I found some state objects have moved by +4... this may be a problem in other areas but I haven't found any more.

If you started with 113.
1. Downgrade to 112, set boot flag.
2. Upgrade to 113

If you started with 112 and boot flagged just upgrade to 113 since the boot flag will remain set.

DO NOT RUN BINS FROM 112 on 113 and vice versa. They will not boot and bad things will happen.

Everything *SHOULD* be working as in the previous version with addition of 2 features.

Raw Histo/Zebras -> Hot off the presses from a1ex
Wav recording. For when you want to modify flush rate and sound causes crash.

Please test if this works with external mic. I have to account for audio source if it does not. I'll also have to put an input volume menu item. For now just set it up in the canon menu, the settings *should* keep. Test it.

drsmusic

hi,

first thanks for the great job supporting magic lantern, i already use it on the 600d, so today i tried to install it on my 6d and i have a lot of problems,

so my steps are

1. formatted card with the 6d
2. card made dslr bootable with macboot
3. Download 6D 112 fir and copy to SD card
4. Download ML 2.3 make a folder on the card ML and copied all the files here
5. Download the latest autoexec.bin [113] Raw Histogram Wav Recording renamed it to autoexec.bin und also copied
on the sd card - root

so this is the way or?

put the card in the 6d and go for the firmware update, then i got the message ml installed , 6d turned off and then on but nothing happens, so i put the sd card out, battery out then battery in, camera is working, as soon as i put a sd card with ml camera is not working, is the sd card a normal sd card without ml camera is working,

so any ideas?

thanks!
drsmusic

1%

Can't run a 113 bin on 112. Try the bin before and see if it boots then update to 113.

drsmusic

ok now camera is working but i have this message

ML DATA FONTS Retry

Pleasy Copy all ML Files,

so what files do i need?  i read also the instructions on site 8 but i have still big problems,

thanks
drsmusic

1%

You need the ML folder from 2.3 or the one I have posted. Also need the H264 configs in there.

drsmusic

ok now i made it! thanks for your help,

i took the 6d zip folder, there is a 6d ML Folder,

but i have some issues, when i pan the 6d and use ML live view i have some lines and delay's on the screen no smooth
liveview

also i have one message

B/ML / rec. ini

also when i am using the ml menu to set some points i am getting at once a liveview screen,

any ideas?

thanks
drsmusic

1%

You have focus peaking display filter enabled and rate control encoder config is set to load at startup.

savanaking

for me that have upgrade firmware 113 is enough put the new autoexec.bin [113] Raw Histogram Wav Recording renamed it to autoexec.bin in sd (not in ml folder) to have ml on my 6d? i tryen but i see black display and need take out battery to restart.. :(
may i need downgrade my firmware? how can i do , where i can find original 112 6d firmware please?