Tragic Lantern for 6D

Started by 1%, December 24, 2012, 07:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gravitatemediagroup

Quote from: DTSET123 on February 15, 2013, 11:27:19 PM
OMG..,  here we go again - relax kid! I have tried cedna, cluster vanilla and i have tried configuring my own.  I have followed vitaly and driftwood for some time now. I do like HG2 and 3, I just don't like you being annoying about it!  It is just another camera and just another tool- that's all. What's best is subjective and a matter of preference for the given job. People here want to learn about ML. Why don't you start a new thread and talk the opinions there and leave this for Tragic Lantern development- PLEASE!

you say "OMG" and then call me "kid" makes me curious to how old you are.

I'm not being annoying about anything, it's called a debate "kid" if you don't like what I'm talking about, you are not being forced to comment.

This still is a ML development thread, and when news comes about, we can discuss. But I don't see you blowing the topic up with pros, cons, what works, test shots, frame grabs, or any other discussion regarding ML.  All I see is you becoming defensive on Canon's behalf.

oh, BTW GH2 video>6D video forever and always.  xoxo lol

gravitatemediagroup

Quote from: DTSET123 on February 15, 2013, 11:44:12 PM
People come here for 6d ML information; all they gonna find is pages and pages of gh2 nonsense. Be considerate of others please!

what are you contributing to the testing of ML?

your wedding video description on youtube says 6d with ML....but you told us you didn't really use ML at the wedding?

DTSET123

Quotewhat are you contributing to the testing of ML
and you?

gravitatemediagroup

Quote from: DTSET123 on February 15, 2013, 11:51:31 PM
and you?

i've made it known several times that several combinations of settings are causing the 6d to crash, rending it useless to EVER attempt using it for anything professional.  If I can't get a solid 90-120mb/s to fully function properly without crashing every other rec/stop then what's the point?
I've tried the suggested combinations.....same ol' same crash crash crash
gh2 at 144mbs and higher = never crash
the 6d with ML for high bit isn't dependable yet.......the reason you didn't even dare think about using it at the wedding

gravitatemediagroup

just reviewed a 6d clip that showed moire in dirt lol

1%

QuoteI've tried the suggested combinations.....same ol' same crash crash crash

You still must be setting something wrong if you haven't been able to record any clips. Maybe has an error once every 20 clips, mainly when you start recording before the config is loaded. Wait till text clears the screen.

a lot of the problem is from canon. it only lets you load configs or record fixed qp.

Quotegh2 at 144mbs and higher = never crash

Software vs hardware encoder so some blame on ti's chip falling apart when stressed. the default rates for IPB are barely 30MB/s and we're pushing over all I rates. Stock IPB not good for much but youtube delivery

Quotehttp://www.eoshd.com/content/3498/gh2-avchd-vs-mjpeg-which-is-best

So when jpeg is figured out here, we'll see who's laughing.

sparedog

Quote from: 1% on February 15, 2013, 11:39:34 PM
Anyone test built in NR effect on moire?

sorry did I miss this? Its getting tricky to see development now. Please explain what you mean - or point me to the thread :)

sparedog

I donĀ“t get a problem with recording 150mbits pretty much everytime. I only change the quantising, nothing else - that way I can learn what will spike the bitrate pretty reliably and adjust accordingly. I find it is easier when I have to deal with only one number

sparedog

MAGIC ZOOM is now corrupted on latest build
autoexec.bin.new iconsautoexec.bin.new icons

It does weird flashing and eventually loads/or doesnt :(

in fullscreen mode, havent tested other modes

in other modes, unsuable

and greyed out

DTSET123

QuoteSo when jpeg is figured out here, we'll see who's laughing
can't wait! 
I set target rate in RCini to 300000000 like you suggested and it still crashed at complex scenes, but it is stable at 60-65 if I override bit rate to 8 tho. Does that make sense?
QuoteIt does weird flashing
yep, same here!

gravitatemediagroup

Quote from: sparedog on February 16, 2013, 01:14:29 AM
MAGIC ZOOM is now corrupted on latest build
autoexec.bin.new iconsautoexec.bin.new icons

It does weird flashing and eventually loads/or doesnt :(

in fullscreen mode, havent tested other modes

in other modes, unsuable

and greyed out

@ 1% yeah, we will see who's laughing lol

the gh2 can shoot in mjpeg that is ALMOST 2k, it's not TRUE 2k, but it's damn close
plus thats a fairly old article and way better patches have been developed since.

notice where Andrew says "Disclaimer: things change fast in the hack world. What may be true today may not be true tomorrow. Always check the latest developments."

I'm currently uploading my 6D test edit, please tell me the 6d is better than the gh2 when you notice the massive amounts of moire in dirt lol

sparedog

On the ML vectorscope, is the line between red and yellow calibrated to be the skintone line?

1%

QuotePlease explain what you mean - or point me to the thread

the canon "high iso noise reduction"... it looks to me to be adding moire

QuoteIt does weird flashing and eventually loads/or doesn

I see, does it for 60P. Its from kill flicker killing the zoom box. Going to check this out. Its grayed out from the menu stuff going down in the nightlies.

QuoteI set target rate in RCini to 300000000 like you suggested and it still crashed at complex scenes, but it is stable at 60-65 if I override bit rate to 8 tho. Does that make sense?

overriding rC makes it not RC anymore. try for 180 instead of 300. all I has been stopping with it but IPB has not. maybe need a limited config for all-i and raised limit for IPB. I think IPB only had the defect

sparedog

Are there color bars in ML and if not is it possible to add my own jpegs to ML?

sparedog

Quote from: 1% on February 16, 2013, 01:34:36 AM
the canon "high iso noise reduction"... it looks to me to be adding moire

Dont know, seems to be just as bad without. but its dark outside so I will test some more tomorrow in the day

1%

Nice roomba :)

the kill flicker bug present on 600D in 60p too :(

gravitatemediagroup

did you see the moire in the dirt?
it's the shot where there is a tree and a wide open field in the background

the only other thing I KIND OF give credit to the 6d for other than low light is close up shots.  even when focused to infinity
things in the background just get smashed into mud

1%

in 720P mode I see moire in a stack of papers. Its definitely from the resizing... look in MZ the moire increases, that is MORE scaling for YUV..

I don't see the defect in all-I so rate control does slow down all I without causing the temporal destruction from cursory testing. I'm going to have to have it load a different RC based on mode. For now you can place contents of RC in h264.ini and manually load it. I'll check to see if overriding just bit rate will accomplish the same thing or if it stops switching qps.

anyways, apparently the mjpeg stuff is ready, we just have to make the camera create a jpeg in memory. so blocked by low level complications again :(

Heh, found defects in all-i too. Maybe can expand the QP range somehow? The overriding for target rate might be working, however. It looks to be switching.

gravitatemediagroup

will opening up jpeg allow it to be pushed to a 2 to 4K resolution?
and i'm guessing it's impossible to up the cameras burst rate to like 18fps in either jpeg or raw
I'm guessing over time it would destroy the shutter?

did you ever see that video of the 1dc shooting stills at 18fps and pieced together into a 18fps video?  no audio, but had a pretty cool/unique look about it.

1%

I already did that with .422s. We only got like 15fps or less on both 600D and 6D.

The jpeg would be in the buffer so no clickety click.

LV window I think is 2k only. Canon created jpeg on 600D was only 1024x760. Will depend on how much control there is over the process. Right now the hard part isn't figured it out.

Another way to lick the temporal defect bug is to expand the QP range. It looked like it would only take 13 QPs from analysis before but looks to be working now:

Before you ask, I had bit rate overridden to 50(thats 500Mb/s) so of course it favors QP1. Had to make sure it still went there.

average DRF                 1.376552
standard deviation          2.334214
max DRF                     23

DRF=1                       701 ( 96.690 %) ###################
DRF=2                         2 (  0.276 %)
DRF=3                         0 (  0.000 %)
DRF=4                         1 (  0.138 %)
DRF=5                         1 (  0.138 %)
DRF=6                         1 (  0.138 %)
DRF=7                         2 (  0.276 %)
DRF=8                         1 (  0.138 %)
DRF=9                         1 (  0.138 %)
DRF=10                        1 (  0.138 %)
DRF=11                        1 (  0.138 %)
DRF=12                        1 (  0.138 %)
DRF=13                        1 (  0.138 %)
DRF=14                        1 (  0.138 %)
DRF=15                        1 (  0.138 %)
DRF=16                        2 (  0.276 %)
DRF=17                        1 (  0.138 %)
DRF=18                        1 (  0.138 %)
DRF=19                        1 (  0.138 %)
DRF=20                        1 (  0.138 %)
DRF=21                        1 (  0.138 %)
DRF=22                        1 (  0.138 %)
DRF=23                        1 (  0.138 %)
DRF>23                        0 (  0.000 %)

DTSET123

I tried many different values for target rate. 300 works until I point it to this resolution star to simulate complex scene. So far none of the different combinations that I have tried with ini modifications (override or not)  have survived the star more then a minute:(

1%

Does it defect or just stop?

Transform8x8Flag = 2
Profile = 100
Level = 51
BitRate = 110000000
EntropyCodingMode = 1
IntraPicInitQP = -1
InterPicInitQP = -1
QpOffsetForB = 0
MinQpI = 1
MinQpP = 1
MinQpB = 1
MaxQpI = 25
MaxQpP = 25
MaxQpB = 25
MinBitrate = 60000000
MaxBitrate = 110000000
SarWidth = 0
SarHeight = 0
AspectRatioIdc = 1
VideoFmtAndVspFlag = 81
VideoFullRangeFlag = 1
TimingInfoPresentFlag = 0
RateControlEnable = 2
ScalingMatrices = 0
pScalingMatrixAddr[0] = 0
pScalingMatrixAddr[1] = 0
pScalingMatrixAddr[2] = 0
pScalingMatrixAddr[3] = 0
pScalingMatrixAddr[4] = 0
pScalingMatrixAddr[5] = 0

That should expand the QP range enough to avoid the defect at most normal rates (ie, you're not kicking it down to 10). I don't get a frame by frame of QP on IPB, I need to find different analysis tools or change container to something else. Try the chart with that. Also try the chart with it kicked down to 80Mb/s from the ml menu. Do you get defects or any quality loss?

*PS this chart kicks ass. Seems to really stress the camera, especially moving it around the image.

Changing containers lets you open the files in bit rate viewer. I still can't see a quant analysis for IPB :(

The graphs look like 600D graphs but this time canon is doing the QP switching. Guess we're both on the same page with that.

Shooting the chart... the drop is when my screen turned off:

gravitatemediagroup

Ok, while you guys are figuring out the 6d issues, I thought I would share this amazing music video shot with gh2.
Probably the last thing gh2 related I post.
http://youtu.be/YhqTsAmPYYs

You can see why it holds it's own against cameras 10x the cost.

There is no more denying the gh2 grading ability.
No need to reply to this.  Continue developing.

DTSET123

Works great! Both IPB and All-I. As far as quality, don't know. It is hard to tell. I do not see any difference between the stock or this configuration to be honest. Someone with more knowledge would have to check but the good news is that it is stable! I have been using this chart for a while and if ini can survive this then it will survive the grass.  QP jumps between 1-25 in your config right? So the next question comes to mind is: What is the stock qp? Is it also variable?