Tragic Lantern for 6D

Started by 1%, December 24, 2012, 07:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gravitatemediagroup

Quote from: DTSET123 on February 15, 2013, 02:15:31 AM
GH 2 is still h.264 8 bit  good luck color grading that shit. Why is it that I don't see motion films shot on it? I know a lot that was shot with RED- maybe there is a reason? In the shoot out that you are talking about there was 5D and 7D too- so? It is just another tool. You can shoot with iPhone for that matter, if you have a good content.

the sad part about the gh2 competing in this shootout vs is a RED Epic (as far as detail) is he wasn't even using the highest bit patch
http://vimeo.com/30751603

1%

i got 176mb video out of 600D too.

all of these cameras give you more than enough. sd is barely dead. many displays not even 1080P. grading at 4:2:0 8 bit is the same problem for all

gravitatemediagroup

Quote from: 1% on February 15, 2013, 03:18:50 AM
i got 176mb video out of 600D too.

all of these cameras give you more than enough. sd is barely dead. many displays not even 1080P. grading at 4:2:0 8 bit is the same problem for all

I've never really had an issue where I couldn't do enough with 8 bit.  If a shot was over exposed and blown yet, yeah.  but as far as doing some color tweaking, no.  I don't do any green screen or crazy special effects, and outside of those to things, 8bit color is just an excuse people give and they don't even know why.
8bit is pretty much still broadcast standard, by the time it makes it's way to the television and what not.

gravitatemediagroup

the canon 70-200 is on sale for 1100 on amazon if anybody cares ; )

DTSET123

See you keep saying I use this and I use that... I, I, I, me, me, me. It's all matter of preference. It is all about the job and what DP wants to accomplish. Stop trying to change people's opinion on what equipment to use. If GH2 works for you, then return your BMCC and stick with it. I love the look canon gives me (for what I do) but I don't go to Sony or Panasonic forums and tell them how their cameras suck and that it is OK to leave it. Everything that you said (wasted your energy on typing) is a waist! You did not change my mind as everything you told here is old news. Yes, I like canon look and I am sticking with it (for now). I take canon 5d or 6d over GH2 anytime of the day, so would you please give it a rest. You have made some decisions for yourself - that's great! Don't force them to people who have made theirs! Keep shooting and have fun!

teo770

Men,

Isn't this post about Canon 6D ML port ?
So why feeling it with comments about GH2 (a great cam i own too) or BMCC (a great cam i'll never own) ?

Can we focus on the Canon 6D ML port ?
Tech concerns, status of porting ? Bug tracking ? Estimate date of 1st alpha #1...

Would be greater, in my opinion...

Christophe

My gear: CANON 6D / 40mm f2.8 STM / 20mm f2.8 / 24-105 f4 IS / Flash 90EX / Grip BG-E13

Malex

1%

you can use it now, you can call it an alpha or beta if you want.

Quotestatus of porting

Audio - needs work/datasheeet, asif needs to stop properly
prop lv lense - needs checking so the lens info stuff woks
bulb ramping calibration failed with silent pics, have to see why

besides that most things work. pretty much where 600D was on 2.3 release

teo770

Great news ! (i own a 6D).

A place we can DL a compiled version to try ?

Thanks
My gear: CANON 6D / 40mm f2.8 STM / 20mm f2.8 / 24-105 f4 IS / Flash 90EX / Grip BG-E13

1%

teo770

Sorry to bother, to make it work, i need to have on SD card:
- 6d-112.fir
- autoexec.bin

And make a firmware update, right ?

1%

+ ml support files like fonts. you can use ML folder from nightlies or 2.3

also h264 configs from bitbucket go in the ML folder

gravitatemediagroup

Quote from: DTSET123 on February 15, 2013, 06:22:35 AM
See you keep saying I use this and I use that... I, I, I, me, me, me. It's all matter of preference. It is all about the job and what DP wants to accomplish. Stop trying to change people's opinion on what equipment to use. If GH2 works for you, then return your BMCC and stick with it. I love the look canon gives me (for what I do) but I don't go to Sony or Panasonic forums and tell them how their cameras suck and that it is OK to leave it. Everything that you said (wasted your energy on typing) is a waist! You did not change my mind as everything you told here is old news. Yes, I like canon look and I am sticking with it (for now). I take canon 5d or 6d over GH2 anytime of the day, so would you please give it a rest. You have made some decisions for yourself - that's great! Don't force them to people who have made theirs! Keep shooting and have fun!

Woah dude, nobody is putting a gun to your head.
I will use the gh2 for this and BMCC for that.  I'm just thinking that living in a canon bubble isn't very healthy.
I'm sorry that you and I bought the underachieving 6d and it's only TRUE strength is low light.
I would bet $100 if you used a gh2 for a week and got familiar with it using the latest patch
Your opinion of canon might change.  Are you upset that the gh2 does in FACT go toe to toe with the detail of an epic?
Like I said way earlier, I'll continue to follow the ML development for the 6D, and will dump the 6d in a heart beat
When the 7d mk2 is released.  I see people dump canon for the gh2 and never look back (for video) where as I was looking for something from Canon to accompany my gh2 (6D) and have been pretty disappointed.  I've yet to see anything from the 6d look as nice as a 5d or 7d.  How can canon allow this to happen? For $2k
and a newer model camera it underachieves compared to older models?  What's the extra money for? Wifi that is only useful for photos?

teo770

Me... again !

After updating firmware,

Firmware 0
Bootdisk -1
RAM_EXE -1
Update -1

After camera restart, no ML under delete button in LV mode.

gravitatemediagroup

Quote from: teo770 on February 15, 2013, 06:40:17 PM
Me... again !

After updating firmware,

Firmware 0
Bootdisk -1
RAM_EXE -1
Update -1

After camera restart, no ML under delete button in LV mode.

go back to pages 5-9 of this topic and look for the instructions

1%

Quote5d or 7d

Its on par with those but not 600D crop. Also  the NR works in movie mode so turn it off

gravitatemediagroup

so you're saying the 600d is better than the 6d? obviously with the help of ML?

DTSET123

QuoteYour opinion of canon might change
What makes you think that I have never shot on a hacked GH2? Stop this nonsense please!!! THIS IS A DEVELOPMENT THREAD!

1%

600D crop is better, 600D regular video about the same with a little less moire

gravitatemediagroup

Quote from: DTSET123 on February 15, 2013, 09:24:41 PM
What makes you think that I have never shot on a hacked GH2? Stop this nonsense please!!! THIS IS A DEVELOPMENT THREAD!

you are going to give yourself a heart attack.

do you notice how me and 1% have had a sub conversation like adults?
how do I know you HAVE shot with a hacked GH2, and if so, what patch was you running.

1%

no sense in fighting... panasonic isn't perfect either. I bet GH2 resolves better than cameras like HMC-150 which cost way more.

DTSET123

Quoteif so, what patch was you running
OMG..,  here we go again - relax kid! I have tried cedna, cluster vanilla and i have tried configuring my own.  I have followed vitaly and driftwood for some time now. I do like HG2 and 3, I just don't like you being annoying about it!  It is just another camera and just another tool- that's all. What's best is subjective and a matter of preference for the given job. People here want to learn about ML. Why don't you start a new thread and talk the opinions there and leave this for Tragic Lantern development- PLEASE!

1%

Anyone test built in NR effect on moire?

gravitatemediagroup

Quote from: 1% on February 15, 2013, 11:23:40 PM
no sense in fighting... panasonic isn't perfect either. I bet GH2 resolves better than cameras like HMC-150 which cost way more.

it does, I've had a 150 and ac130 and didn't care for them.  It was nice having built in ND filters and XLR, but other than that is was just crap

DTSET123

People come here for 6d ML information; all they gonna find is pages and pages of gh2 nonsense. Be considerate of others please!