Tragic Lantern for 6D

Started by 1%, December 24, 2012, 07:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screamer

Hi,
i'm trying the new bin, and seems to have some "graphical glitches" in the interface. All is ok when normal navigating the menu, but when i open up a submenu (with q or with set or with other buttons) there are some strange graphical glitches, changing in time. Here is a screenshot of what i mean, can you see that lines? they are not still, but moving at a framerate something like 2 fps. All the other older versions of bin is ok here, so this glitches are related to pickbox version. And just for information, the lines are always inside the submenu box, and always of the same color of the bg of that box

hope it helps
always trying to use the 100% of magic lantern..
Gear:
Canon 60D, all the samyang lenses, Canon 50 mm 1.4, Canon 60mm macro, Canon 70-300 usm, Sigma 4.5mm fisheye, Sigma 17-70 2.8, Canon 40mm f2.8 pancake, all the Lensbabies and a lot of other pieces, Flash metz 58 af2

screamer

what i wrote before is not completely true. Looking better, i have that rendering problem also when i'm not in a submenu, but when i'm simply over every voice of the main menu (the blu bg on the active line). But the glitches are very rare, only sometimes i see a little black line breaking the pure blu bg of the line selected. When i open the submenu the rendering issue is more evident, and seems that when i close the busmenu the problems stay more strong for a while and then calm down (but never disappear completely)
it's difficult to explain better the problem, don't know if is only on mine 6d or not...
Gear:
Canon 60D, all the samyang lenses, Canon 50 mm 1.4, Canon 60mm macro, Canon 70-300 usm, Sigma 4.5mm fisheye, Sigma 17-70 2.8, Canon 40mm f2.8 pancake, all the Lensbabies and a lot of other pieces, Flash metz 58 af2

DTSET123

QuoteMagic zoom doesnt work for me on focus change with tamron 24-70 2.8
Im using the same lens and it works! Did u install the latest bin>?

sparedog

Quote from: DTSET123 on February 01, 2013, 09:35:41 PM
Im using the same lens and it works! Did u install the latest bin>?
I am being dumb, which trigger mode are you using?

sparedog

micihelelbers

At last found some time to install ML on my 6D, exciting moment  ;)

Just followed the instructions in this thread and Succes!!

Thanks guys, will be testing this weekend.

1%

menu is brand new being worked on, I think latest commits make it better

https://bitbucket.org/OtherOnePercent/tragic-lantern-6d/downloads/autoexec.bin.newmenu2

slightly less glitchy

1%

Quoteme on focus change

Lens info and focus ring is broken, i have to look at the properties an fix all that. there is also a doubleclick we can use for either mz or shortcuts while recording.

glitches might be from enabling dma memcopy to draw menus or to new changes, i'm not sure

screamer

I confirm, with the newest version the glitches are less (not completely gone btw).
Another thing i've noticed (not related to the version i think) is that if i change the whitebalance from say "auto" to something else, there is'nt no more the voice "auto" in the ML menu. The only way to return in auto whitebalance is to do it in canon standard menu.
not shure if this happens in all the versions of ML or only with the 6d version, tomorrow i will try a comparison of features with 60d and 6d. btw thank you for your great development ;)
Gear:

1%

free space is fixed now.

Quotenot shure if this happens in all the versions of ML

Yea, all versions. they like kelvin. i shoot raw so it makes no difference

new info:

vbr qp is 1-26, camera may freeze if current mode cannot generate the minimum rate. i.e

I set minimum of 60 by default and right now, indoors, 1080P30 IPB will record, 1080P24 ipB will not, locks up.

If I raise the iso to h, both modes work. if I set minimum to 80, 30fps all-i modes freeze too but 60fps modes ipB or not keep working without issue.

additionally, while iso effect is not as pronounced as on digic IV, higher iso will still = higher rate possible.

another bug; new fps timer a only method never seems to set sound recording to off:

i put a message box
    // take care of sound settings to prevent recording from stopping
   NotifyBox(1000, "woowowow");
    update_sound_recording();
an i never see it. I thought the property was broken but nope, just us

gravitatemediagroup

I've been experiencing a lot of "stopped recording" errors where I have to take the battery out.
I'm guessing it's my settings causing this?

also, it looks like HDR is gone in the newest .BIN ?

sparedog

Quote from: gravitatemediagroup on February 02, 2013, 10:35:15 PM
I've been experiencing a lot of "stopped recording" errors where I have to take the battery out.
I'm guessing it's my settings causing this?

what settings are you using and what did your benchmark test say?

gravitatemediagroup

Bit 15
Qp 1
Autoload On
CBR Fixed

now sure how to view the benchmark
I ran it, but it just ends up some 700MB file

sparedog

Quote from: gravitatemediagroup on February 02, 2013, 10:45:04 PM
Bit 15
Qp 1
Autoload On
CBR Fixed

now sure how to view the benchmark
I ran it, but it just ends up some 700MB file

No, you should be running DEBUG-BENCHMARKS-CARD R/W BENCHMARK (5 MINS)
Click it. It will show a photo on your card and 5 minutes later it will write a bmp to your card. post it here :)
QP 1 is going to give you a huge bitrate, what are your bitrates? open in quciktime and select SHOW MOVIE INSPECTOR and look for DATA RATE.

sandisk 30MB/ class 10

gravitatemediagroup

I want a bitrate between 80-120

gravitatemediagroup

Write Speed (buffer=128k) 12.1 MB/s
Read speed (buffer=128) 14.0 mbs
Write speed (buffer=16384k) 39.3 mbs
read test skipped: buffer=16777216

1%

VBR config change min qps to 1, max to 26

edit min bitrate to like 80 (have the right # of 0s) and max to 120

max must match "bitrate'

it will record around 80-120 or freeze if it can't

sparedog

Quote from: gravitatemediagroup on February 02, 2013, 11:38:17 PM
Write Speed (buffer=128k) 12.1 MB/s
Read speed (buffer=128) 14.0 mbs
Write speed (buffer=16384k) 39.3 mbs
read test skipped: buffer=16777216

Is this with the Sandisk pro card? This is your problem, 12MB/s = 12*8 mb/s so around 96mb/s, so a Qs of 1 will trip this. I am getting 200mb/s with Qs of 1

sparedog

1%

I fixed LV powersave, there is a constant event 0. but now I think it doesn't reset the counter first time and powers off lcd instead of dimming first. subsequent powersaves are ok :o

gravitatemediagroup

Quote from: sparedog on February 03, 2013, 12:23:49 AM
Is this with the Sandisk pro card? This is your problem, 12MB/s = 12*8 mb/s so around 96mb/s, so a Qs of 1 will trip this. I am getting 200mb/s with Qs of 1

extreme pro 95mbs card

so if you are getting 200mbs
what is my bit supposed to be at if my Q is at 1?

1%

Try it, nobody can predict it as it changes per scene. Burst rates can go higher for a tiny bit too. Haven't been able to throw these in bitrate viewer to see what it does per frame.

sparedog

Quote from: gravitatemediagroup on February 03, 2013, 07:59:53 PM
extreme pro 95mbs card

so if you are getting 200mbs
what is my bit supposed to be at if my Q is at 1?

please try this for me

set bitrate: 0
initQp: 1

record a clip of 10 seconds of something outside, a wide shot with lots of detail but no movement of camera

post file on putlocker or somewhere where I can download and analyse it

should be pretty interesting!

gravitatemediagroup

being that it's 20 degrees outside with snow on the ground, might be a few days on this one

I just did another little test in the house with it at 0 and 1
and it's unusually NOISY even at lower ISO

sparedog

Quote from: gravitatemediagroup on February 03, 2013, 10:53:22 PM
being that it's 20 degrees outside with snow on the ground, might be a few days on this one

I just did another little test in the house with it at 0 and 1
and it's unusually NOISY even at lower ISO

haha sorry about that. That´s the thing with the internet, I live in Spain =D

would you like to upload the house test? is it ipb or allI?