Tragic Lantern for 6D

Started by 1%, December 24, 2012, 07:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1%

Alpha blending introduces a little bit of lag since it redirects the buffer. Blinking dots is the only real-time one. Personally I like it and don't mind the choppiness but some people will probably prefer the other one. Sharpness is an interesting one too.

*will have to see what stops the drawing with wifi. I just looked and it clears everything. will be useful once I figure out the web service stuff. shoot to ftp instead of shoot to card would be nice.

Hb

Hi all. I have a 6D, I have read this thread mostly and I have the will to support the port for this model. What should I do now?

criz_a

Quote from: Hb on March 02, 2013, 06:39:56 PM
Hi all. I have a 6D, I have read this thread mostly and I have the will to support the port for this model. What should I do now?

I am not sure, and let somebody confirm this before you start, but you could download the developer version, run it on your 6D and use it, then report errors when you've found any..!

1%

That card should work. Don't know what it benches at, read speed of 90 is suspect tho, might be using 208mhz. Not all cards will under-perform at 95mhz just the sandisk "pro" card was tested. Don't pay $200+ for something that a $40 card will do as well or better.

All you guys have to do is use it and enjoy it :) Install process is pretty simple if you've used ML before.

criz_a

Ha! I just noticed that I don't know where to download it from? It's not on the nightly build page...

1%

criz_a

Thanks. Maybe tell coutts to put the link into the first message of the thread.

1%

Ok, about menus with wifi on...

zebra_should_run returns 0... removing liveview_display_idle() brings back the overlays but still returns 0. get_global_draw is the culprit on that.

Also HD buffer is 1816x1210 in photo mode... maybe the resizing is different and its possible to feed this to the encoder?

Wifi drawing fixed. Added wifi app handler... it confirms wifi is off before letting you start movie mode.

https://bitbucket.org/OtherOnePercent/tragic-lantern-6d/commits/aea6fd454956355802673d3231f01d306b64a4cf

Warren

Great news, thanks for hunting that down.

I'll give the next build a shot when posted.

I've got a rather significant photo/camping trip next week, so I need to get some time to test for stability before I head off the grid :)

ManixLiquid

Quote from: fotojohni on March 02, 2013, 04:17:41 AM
because 35 MB is 8 times more than 35 Mb, sorry for the megabyte, megabit thing.

So If I aim for 90 MB per sec video, I should set ML to what? 1800 Mb? 11.25 Mb? Is it even possible to reach 90MB? I'm lost.
BlackMagic Camera & Canon EOS 6D w/ Zeiss Distagon 35mm & 50mm, Sigma 10mm-20mm.

1%

Its set in megabits. You can't do 90 megabytes. If we could we'd just save uncompressed and call it a day.

noisyboy

Quote from: 1% on March 02, 2013, 07:19:51 PM
All you guys have to do is use it and enjoy it :) Install process is pretty simple if you've used ML before.

Hey 1%

I don't expect you to explain to me the actual instructions on how to do this as you clearly have enough on but I'm also willing to help test for you :) Gonna be totally honest here, I haven't got a damn clue about programming, coding, developing mind but I have a 6D I'm willing to test on and will report back any bugs I find.

If somebody could just point me in the right direction of what I need to get started (possibly explained in English or even English/Caveman) then that would be super bad!

If this is asking too much then I totally dig it. It must be exhausting having n00bs like me asking the same questions all the time so please feel free to just disregard this if my etiquette is out of turn. That said I'm completely blown away by how patient and understanding this community is. I think it's too easy for people to get on their elitist high horses when they are sat behind their keyboards at home but it's something you really don't see on here! The world needs more of this so a huge shout out to all involved :)

Being as I can't technically contribute (horrific Attention Deficit takes care of that!) I'll most definitely be donating what I can to the cause and I seriously do use my camera A LOT so at least it'll be put through it's paces a bit!

Thanks again! Cheers :)

1%

Read the install guide + this thread. There is a zip up now so all in one place I guess.

noisyboy

Quote from: 1% on March 03, 2013, 04:55:23 AM
Read the install guide + this thread. There is a zip up now so all in one place I guess.

Amazing, thanks dude!

Sorry but one last question - where might I find this zip? Sounds like a crappy excuse but bad attention problems + 30 pages of thread I struggle to understand is really quite difficult :P

Thanks again man and the best of luck to you!

1%

Download link is on the previous page for zip/bins/etc.

noisyboy

Thank you so much man and cheers for being cool about it :) Take care!

noisyboy

Quote from: teo770 on February 16, 2013, 10:09:52 AM
I finaly success in instaling ML on Canon 6D, thanks all !
For other newbies like me, steps are:

- Make the SD card bootable using EOScard:
http://wiki.magiclantern.fm/3rd_party_software

- Get ML 2.3 from ML website:
http://bitbucket.org/magiclantern/magic-lantern/downloads/magiclantern-v2.3.550D.60D.600D.50D.500D.5D2.zip

- Get 6d-112.fir from:
http://bit.ly/ZgvGUf

- Get the last autoexec.bin.something renaming it to autoexec.bin
from: https://bitbucket.org/OtherOnePercent/tragic-lantern-6d/downloads
+ 4 .ini files at the end of listing: h264.ini, cbr.ini, vbr.ini, rc.ini

- Place the new autoexec.bin and 6d-112.fir in the homedir of the SD card
- Place the .ini files in ML dir of the SD card

- Put SD card in camera and update firmware while in M mode. Restart. That's it.

This is for anyone else as dumb as me! Props to the original poster! All working! Thanks guys.

Oh and in addition to this - 1% has handily put the ini's plus autoexec all in a tasty bite-sized zip folder which you'll find here: https://bitbucket.org/OtherOnePercent/tragic-lantern-6d/downloads   :)

ManixLiquid

Quote from: 1% on March 03, 2013, 03:50:06 AM
Its set in megabits. You can't do 90 megabytes. If we could we'd just save uncompressed and call it a day.

So what the max megabits we can set?
BlackMagic Camera & Canon EOS 6D w/ Zeiss Distagon 35mm & 50mm, Sigma 10mm-20mm.

Hb

Quote from: teo770 on February 16, 2013, 10:09:52 AM
I finally succeeded in installing ML on Canon 6D, ... For other newbies like me, steps are: ...
@teo770
Which firmware version had your 6D before installing ML?

Is there a minimum firmware version as read elsewhere in this thread?

1%

There is no real "max" and the setting is a target so its not 1:1. I've used 110megabits and 90megabits. Highest rate achieved so far has been around 200 just like the digic IV cameras... me thinks it doesn't all fit in the buffer... on ALL-I the frames are doubled so I think it legitimately has trouble. I'm digging around trying to crib the flush rate adjustment from 5d3 and maybe gop too.

teo770

Hb: i had factory firmware 1.1.2 but ML firmware update didn't work #1st time so i had to update firmware again with Canon's 1.1.2, then ML firmware did update.
My gear: CANON 6D / 40mm f2.8 STM / 20mm f2.8 / 24-105 f4 IS / Flash 90EX / Grip BG-E13

1%

Did a simple decompile of 5d3:

Flush Rate/Gop are in an area full of garbage strings.. then again I only have the update bin and not a real camera dump.
Everything is weirdified so its hard to tell what is what without some function names like from an .idc... Will have to do stronger analysis to find....

For af patterns:

PROP_AF_SELECT_FOCUS_AREA(%d)'    
PROP_AF_METHOD_SELECT_FOCUS_AREA(%d)

These are probably what is necessary to make the patterns work.

We don't have:
   'GetSelectPositionAfPoint SELECT_FOCUS_AREA_WIDE(%#x)'    F8BEDBA8
   'GetSelectPositionAfPoint SELECT_FOCUS_AREA_EXT(%#x)'    F83CFA54, F8BEDC44
   'GetSelectPositionAfPoint SELECT_FOCUS_AREA_SPOT(%#x)'    F8BEDD1C
   'GetSelectPositionAfPoint SELECT_FOCUS_AREA_EXT_AROUND(%#x

But those all seem to be from gui dialogs so I guess no changing it with the canon menu. Now just need to find the prop numbers and values for 5d3 and compare.

Just noticed the black level adjustment gets worked into the videos. Most noticeable at -100 and + 100. Seems to give some extra lift. Needs to be tested.

gravitatemediagroup

has their been a clear answer or not regarding extreme pro SD cards causing issues?

1%

Performance would be lower, it wouldn't make your camera crash. Pebkac