Tragic Lantern for 6D

Started by 1%, December 24, 2012, 07:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1%

Property is from 5d2, offsets are unique to 6D. 5d3 prop is dead, doesn't work here even though its set "correctly".

https://bitbucket.org/OtherOnePercent/tragic-lantern-6d/src/8c48801169b93aa1f26267a0f706a47357e6d2d6/platform/6D.112/cfn.c?at=unified

AF pattern properties from 5d3 will probably have more success... I hope.

fotojohni

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlRvtsbVMr4

Made a little video, youtube cmpressed it of course, but all in all, very impressive.  Used 24p set bit rate to 100.  For some reason that's the only time it works otherwise I have to go to canon defaults. 

I used marvels advanced, btw this is in fact better then technicolor cinestyle as I have looked closely and noticed clipping in the shadows on the cinestyle (spot meter never goes below 3% even in pitch black) but I have an older version of the technicolor.

This is strait out of the camera.

1%

Probably need to download the h.264 config files and put them on the card. Get the rate control from a few posts back.

fotojohni

Wow, everything is fixed, thank you 1%! This is excellent. 

Vertical lines at fps = 2.5 but rolling shutter greatly reduced. 

Should be perfect in time for the summer.  I can't wait to put it to good use.  Donations in the future (I'm struggling to pay heating bill at the moment, February has been ridiculous). 

DTSET123

I still dont know how to donate! There used to be a "donate" button but now i dont see it.

criz_a

Quote from: DTSET123 on February 25, 2013, 01:31:33 AM
I still dont know how to donate! There used to be a "donate" button but now i dont see it.

[10:47] <yoyoyo> where has the donate button gone?
[10:48] <yoyoyo> there is none on the hp
[10:56] <SDX> we don't need money at the moment

1%

Well.. good and bad:

It does encode jpegs when tethered:

### REMOTE - TVAF MF - ###
[LVDV] deliverProcessJPEG: 0x40c47a58

vramPostJob: Encode JPEG: 0x2
vrmProcessJob[0xa0d48]
[LVDV] ssdevProcessJob[0xa0db8][0]
[LVDV] ssdevProcessPath:0x0(0x0)[0x0]

[LVDV] deliverProcessJPEG: 0x40c33a3c

but for some reason after like 30s I get error 80 and eos utility + camera freezes. I've been trying to catch what is going on but it seems impossible to log it. Without a card in it doesn't seem to freeze.

Some progress: When I open the canon menu, image in EOS utility freezes. When ML is running dialogs are opened all the time in the background. I'd have to disable this and see if its causing the freezes.

DTSET123

QuoteIt does encode jpegs when tethered
Sorry, I don't understand: encode jpegs into movie?

1%

It makes jpeg frames for the preview. If you were to record those and put them together you'd have a movie but I'm kinda stuck as it freezes on tether or wifi. Have to figure that part out. Must only be my camera though, other people using wifi and tether without issue.

DTSET123

QuoteIt makes jpeg frames for the preview. If you were to record those and put them together you'd have a movie
it records all 24fps?

1%

It looks to be smoother than it was on 600D. I can't keep it from crashing long enough to analyze. I don't know if they're 1024x768 jpegs or what. I have to either fix my error 80 or someone with a camera who can stay tethered has to look.

DTSET123

Iphone:
it freezes frequently and still says that can't record when wifi is enabled. I was not able to record anything.
PC:
have a hard time connecting to eos utility. I go through connection process successfully but all the features are greyed out in eos ustility

1%

Maybe need a newer eos utility? Also found wifi turns off usb too.

DTSET123

u right! testing right now

Nope, can't record :(  it freezes

1%

Does it freeze by itself too? Does it freeze with card out? If you leave it frozen for a minute it should turn into error 80.

DTSET123

when its in movie mode and i switch it to lv in eos utility sometimes it freezes before i press record, sometimes after. I have not seen err 80. When it does not freeze right away, i can see it as it is recording but does not last too long - no record of those few seconds either :(
LV in eos utility (movie mode) does not look like 24fps, more like 15 (unless i'm doing something wrong).

If i take out card it says "card required to record movie"

1%

You don't have to record at the same time. Just need the remote LV to work and then frames can be saved from it. It goes a little faster than it updates on the screen. But dunno if its 15fps or 20 fps or what since I can't get it to not freeze.

On 600D the jpegs are 1056x704, on 6D size is unknown. I can try to dump the ram while its connected and see if it finishes before it freezes. Ideally though would be to figure out how to start the jpeg function and have it not send jpegs then feed it a custom sized buffer.

Warren

So, I'm trying to figure out if I'm using it wrong, if something has changed, or there's a bug. :)

I use LV for focusing with my Rokinon 35mm, and use the focus peaking overlay. On the T3i, once it is switched on, it is always there. With the 6D port, I only see it if I hit the LV button while in the ML menu. When I do that, it works, but flickers a lot between the menu and the LV.

What is the proper order of operations I should be using to make this work reliably? (I am on the Feb 16 build currently)

Thanks!

1%

Upgrade to the latest, that fixed focus distance and focal length.

autoexec.bin.DebugCleanup    452.8 KB    2013-02-25

Which focus peaking? Blinking dots? It should work in movie and photo live view. In play mode you have to hit light to get it to show up. I've been using alpha blend though and like it much better despite the slowdown.

Blinking dots doesn't place a lot of points now, used to be all over the place.

Also feb16 builds were in the middle of taking out kill flicker so maybe that has something to do with hiding peaking, I always used the re-directed buffer and probably didn't notice.

Malex

Hi, I just baught the 6D+24/105 lens online, can't wait it get it, I'll be donating for ML dev and I'll install the alpha/beta ML on it, I'll report bugs too.
I have ML on my old T2i, and I can't use it without ML, so I'll be doing the same with the 6D.

I'm just wondering if you have an idea of how long it will take you guys to have the 1st official release of ML for 6D out ? is there a page where you annonce it ? will it be in weeks ? months ? days...? :D

In the actual version, are those features working ?
-peaking (I read it flickers)
-magic zoom
-zebra
-HDR video
-white balance Auto adjust Kelvin
-movie restart
-Bit Rate (I read it's hardest to understand, it's not as simple as on my t2i with just the CBR factor ?)

I'll get the sandisk extreme 95mb too, it's the best card out there isn't it ?

1%

In the actual version, are those features working ?
-peaking (I read it flickers) - It flickered for one guy, doesn't flicker for me. Blinking dots is supposed to blink.
-magic zoom - Works, had problems going back and forth while we were killing canon dialogs for 2 versions.
-zebra - Never had a problem.
-HDR video - Extended with shutter + iso is broken by new menus on all cameras. Regular works fine.
-white balance Auto adjust Kelvin - That worked from the start
-movie restart - Works but no limit killing yet, needs another go I guess on that.
-Bit Rate (I read it's hardest to understand, it's not as simple as on my t2i with just the CBR factor ?) - Its not hard to understand. Pick a config and load it is all you have to do in theory. Old way doesn't apply to this camera or 5d3.

I'll get the sandisk extreme 95mb too, it's the best card out there isn't it ?

50Mb/s write is the best UHS card we can use. No 208MHZ, only 95mhz. 95Mb/s uses the first one so save your money.

Need more testing under diverse conditions to be bug free and throw it on the website. Still need audio stuff and a few things fixed here or there as they come up. Probably a couple of flex info things need to be aligned too + high res silent pics.

Malex

Thank you for your answer, that is good news for all the stuff already working! Now I'll just wait for my new toy to arrive!

fotojohni

-Bit Rate (I read it's hardest to understand, it's not as simple as on my t2i with just the CBR factor ?) - Its not hard to understand. Pick a config and load it is all you have to do in theory. Old way doesn't apply to this camera or 5d3.

I bought a 64gb uhs1 card @ 35mb per second, I haven't had issues with it getting bit rate to 12 (120mb/s) and initial qp to 1 aside from a very occasional auto stop (once every 30 minutes or so of recording) For high importance footage just turn it down to 80 initial qp to 2.  For the first install you must use a small card (16gb worked for me) then just copypasta the ml folder and .bin file to your 64gig or 128gig, format with eos card and you're good.

This release is as stable as the official release for my 600d.  Haven't had any battery locks since I updated to the most recent .bin (thank you very much 1%)

gravitatemediagroup

Quote from: fotojohni on February 28, 2013, 08:21:32 PM
This release is as stable as the official release for my 600d.  Haven't had any battery locks since I updated to the most recent .bin (thank you very much 1%)

what are your video settings set to?  because I still have issues.

ManixLiquid

Are you guys saying the 95mb sandisk is useless with the 6D? How its possible to record a120mbps video on a 35mb card!!??
BlackMagic Camera & Canon EOS 6D w/ Zeiss Distagon 35mm & 50mm, Sigma 10mm-20mm.