Tragic Lantern for 6D

Started by 1%, December 24, 2012, 07:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1%

mZ size is in the mz submenu... wow, my s key is dying

gravitatemediagroup

any suggestion on getting the most out of ML?
I don't need an overkill of bit, and so on, but the highest bit possible with out causing an issue, or swallowing card space. I feel like I'm not getting the most of my camera, and I had a glitch today where the camera froze while shooting video, and I think it's happened because of the current settings I'm using.

gravitatemediagroup

I'm not sure if it's just somebody that's on some bad drugs or not, but on another forum I seen the guy say that 2k/4k should be possible on a 6d just as it should be possible on a 1dx.  They say the firmware of the 1dx and 1dc is basically identical?   Any thoughts on this?

Also, what are the possibilities of getting LOG on the 6d via magic lantern?

supercar1000

Quote from: gravitatemediagroup on February 01, 2013, 01:38:20 AM
I'm not sure if it's just somebody that's on some bad drugs or not, but on another forum I seen the guy say that 2k/4k should be possible on a 6d just as it should be possible on a 1dx.  They say the firmware of the 1dx and 1dc is basically identical?   Any thoughts on this?

It's a hardware limitation preventing devs from exploring the 2k/4k path... you just can't put that much data on a SD card fast enough.

There is also a risk of Canon raising the gun with lawsuits ...

1%

Quote2k/4k should be possible on a 6d just as it should be possible on a 1dx.

Technically its feasible with jpeg compression but the low level stuff is not that easy. Right now just hoping to save jpegs from LV in HD buffer size and write out those. Efforts to do this on most cameras have failed.
See RE: MJPEG thread... right now 6D is in the 5d3 boat.

gravitatemediagroup

even a sandisk extreme pro 95mbs? lol

1%

The camera doesn't normally make a 2k or 4k yuv buffer... in crop mode which we don't have (or at least not for a while) the  zoom window is 2k sized so if you zoomed at 1x in crop mode maaaaybe.

gravitatemediagroup

so what if you could get the 6d to shoot 23fps raw? HAHAHAHA this is 50% a joke...
and then merge as a video in post

1%, WE HAVE FAITH AND KNOW YOU HAVE THE POWER ; )

gravitatemediagroup

I know canon has been throwing around the canon lawsuit talk about ML on the C series cameras
so does this mean ML will never touch a C100?

It seems like Canon "knows something" about the C series (c100 in particular) that they don't want to be exploited because
they will lose a lot of money on c300/c500 sales

DTSET123

The REC indicator: only time elapsed works. Is that fixable? It would be nice to know how much Gb or time left on card as we only have one SD slot and constantly under pressure as to when will it be full and stop recording. Its nice to know and have a peace of mind.

DTSET123

Also, just curious, does anyone know how many TV lines does it scan? Is it like mark 3 at 850?

gravitatemediagroup

Quote from: DTSET123 on February 01, 2013, 02:08:56 AM
Also, just curious, does anyone know how many TV lines does it scan? Is it like mark 3 at 850?

i'm sure a google search can find this out, or maybe canon website?

gravitatemediagroup

back to my question from earlier, what are best settings for highest bit without being an overkill to an SD card.
I seen somebody say in an earlier post about manually make changes to a .ini file, not sure I want to experiment with this method lol

DTSET123

Quoteback to my question from earlier
wow...
why not? thats the point of those ini files. My $22 card writes at 90mb/s Im sure u could push your Sandisk to higher

gravitatemediagroup

I think you're missing my question, and missed my post earlier
my camera froze earlier and I'm sure it was because I was pushing to hard, or had a setting wrong

so what is the proper setting for best results/highest bit.

1% said in a earlier post "past a ??? bit, there is no noticeable difference in quality"

and yeah, i'm using the 95mbs extreme pro and the camera still froze

sparedog

Quote from: gravitatemediagroup on February 01, 2013, 02:42:44 AM
I think you're missing my question, and missed my post earlier
my camera froze earlier and I'm sure it was because I was pushing to hard, or had a setting wrong

so what is the proper setting for best results/highest bit.

1% said in a earlier post "past a ??? bit, there is no noticeable difference in quality"

and yeah, i'm using the 95mbs extreme pro and the camera still froze
Nobody knows, thats why it is development. It is for the people at the beginning to find out and share their results. I dont have your card speed, so my results wont work for you

gravitatemediagroup

there has to at least be a good "starting point"
should the bit be higher than qp, or the other way around? or the same?

sparedog

Quote from: gravitatemediagroup on February 01, 2013, 02:56:54 AM
there has to at least be a good "starting point"
should the bit be higher than qp, or the other way around? or the same?

This should help
http://www.vcodex.com/files/H.264_overview.pdf

¨Setting QP to a high value means that more coefficients are set to zero,
resulting in high compression at the expense of poor decoded image quality. Setting
QP to a low value means that more non-zero coefficients remain after quantization,
resulting in better decoded image quality but lower compression.¨

sparedog

Quote from: gravitatemediagroup on February 01, 2013, 02:27:08 AM
back to my question from earlier, what are best settings for highest bit without being an overkill to an SD card.
Run a benchmark in DEBUG-BENCHMARKS-CARD BENCHMARKS and post your results

sparedog

full screen magic zoom is so nice :)
is it not possible to record that, so we get a cropped image with no pixel binning? like on panny gh series

gravitatemediagroup

it's a 700mb file? sound right?

DTSET123

Quotefull screen magic zoom is so nice
I know... :) Initially I hated 6d because of moire, but now Im in love with it! I have not touched my M3 since I installed "Tragic Lantern" Thanks 1% and everyone involved!

sparedog

Magic zoom doesnt work for me on focus change with tamron 24-70 2.8