Tragic Lantern for 6D

Started by 1%, December 24, 2012, 07:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1%

Yea, no point in photo mode now that the normal hack works... but this isn't true for everyone else....

sparedog

Quote from: 1% on June 12, 2013, 02:39:00 AM
Yea, no point in photo mode now that the normal hack works... but this isn't true for everyone else....
the ml team truely are amazing, thanks for all your continuosly awesome work!

What is the current thought on 10bit raw, is it possible, and is there an easy way to calculate how much bitrate it´ll save?

1%

possible if someone finds the setting to force it to 10bit. on the CPU, doubt it.

xNiNELiVES

Quote from: 1% on June 12, 2013, 02:39:00 AM

In video mode what do I select to get the 255mb buffer? NR multishot isn't there...

kgv5

First go to canon menu and change the image quality to only RAW, no jpeg. The rest is made by memory hack ON in latest builds I believe.
www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

canonuser78

Quote from: exflyer on June 11, 2013, 10:07:49 PM
ML team, thanks again for your work

hello there,
I am just curious , it was 1280x720 RAW 24fps or this is an upscaled resolution ?

LE: thanks, great commercial by the way.

exflyer

Quote from: canonuser78 on June 12, 2013, 09:43:21 AM
hello there,
I am just curious , it was 1280x720 RAW 24fps or this is an upscaled resolution ?
thanks,
1792x624 raw 25 fps rescale to 1280x720

canonuser78

Noob question:

the difference between used height dimensions (upscaled 720px - 625px original =95 px) ,is black area - right ? The image doesen't look stretched .thanks

fotojohni

Quote from: sparedog on June 12, 2013, 02:55:37 AM
the ml team truely are amazing, thanks for all your continuosly awesome work!

What is the current thought on 10bit raw, is it possible, and is there an easy way to calculate how much bitrate it´ll save?

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=6306.0 ;)

The way the devs have described it, it doesn't seem to be possible at the moment.  Even with hex level conversion, the area of the cpu that magic lantern has access to simply isn't optimized to deal with that level of data.  It's unfortunate because the area of the camera optimized to do h.264 conversion would be able to do it with remarkable ease, but getting access to that by analyzing camera dumps is close to impossible/needs a totally different method from current methods.

xNiNELiVES

Quote from: kgv5 on June 12, 2013, 09:02:04 AM
First go to canon menu and change the image quality to only RAW, no jpeg. The rest is made by memory hack ON in latest builds I believe.

Where's "hack on"  located?

kgv5

Latest build: ML menu>raw video>memory hack>ON     
www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

nativeridge

OK had some difficulty [n00b issues] but just updated to latest build and seem to be getting around much easier and got 842 frames of raw to process 1792 x 752

As soon as I get some confidence with shooting settings and post processing I intend to share some video - getting there [i think :)]

Awesome work and kudos to all that make this possible, very exciting stuff
GEAR: CANON 6D / BG-E13/ CANON 40D / 70-200 f4L IS / 17-40 f4L / Tokina 12-24 f4 / Sigma 105 f2.8 / 50mm f1.8 / 85mm f1.8 / METZ 58 AF-1 / EXT 1.4II / Manfrotto 055XPROB - 808RC4  [_O_]

xNiNELiVES

Quote from: nativeridge on June 12, 2013, 10:44:29 PM
OK had some difficulty [n00b issues] but just updated to latest build and seem to be getting around much easier and got 842 frames of raw to process 1792 x 752

As soon as I get some confidence with shooting settings and post processing I intend to share some video - getting there [i think :)]

Awesome work and kudos to all that make this possible, very exciting stuff

842 frames in a whole outing? It wouldn't be possible in one shooting. Its around 300 I believe for that resolution. You'd need a 5d mark ii to get that many frames.

1%

Memory hack should be on by default for digicV. Is it not?

xNiNELiVES

Quote from: 1% on June 13, 2013, 12:01:58 AM
Memory hack should be on by default for digicV. Is it not?

its on at default.

nativeridge

YEP  ;D "sweet"

now if i could just get my head around importing into Premier after converting from DNG [sorry off topic]

realise it has already been mentioned, but the time that is given to access settings within sub menu [Q] (believe it is only within sub menu that this occurs) before reverting back to live view does give the feeling that camera is impatient with User and decision making process lol

"Maybe I should just get my shit together quicker :D"
GEAR: CANON 6D / BG-E13/ CANON 40D / 70-200 f4L IS / 17-40 f4L / Tokina 12-24 f4 / Sigma 105 f2.8 / 50mm f1.8 / 85mm f1.8 / METZ 58 AF-1 / EXT 1.4II / Manfrotto 055XPROB - 808RC4  [_O_]

zhound

You can use AfterEffects to convert the footage to lossless quicktime .mov.  Then import this into Premiere.

Ref: http://tristatefilms.com/magic-lantern-canon-60d-14-bit-raw-video-and-workflow-by-nick-driftwood/

Quote from: nativeridge on June 13, 2013, 02:28:01 AM

now if i could just get my head around importing into Premier after converting from DNG [sorry off topic]

nativeridge

gday mate thankyou for the link - I think the issue I have although proficient at photoshop the shooting for video is very new to me and foreign..

I did follow that guide and at least I could find the import - multiple files and set for alphabetical sorting (I have tried the other processing RAW post by noisy boy but am stumped at understanding why at a standstill]

Only thing was that on starting import camera raw opens then after changing settings same occurs over and over on the same file name ?????

There is probably basic settings that I have overlooked but for the life of me can't get a workflow as yet [ although am getting closer and closer lol]

Think this will be a hurdle for most who just see the works of others but don't have the insight on how to get there - its a whole new ball game unless you are coming from a video/cinema processing background.....

noisyboy

Quote from: nativeridge on June 13, 2013, 02:28:01 AM

Yup - wrong topic ;)

This might help: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=6021.msg44250#msg44250

8)

noisyboy

Quote from: nativeridge on June 13, 2013, 10:55:43 PM
Only thing was that on starting import camera raw opens then after changing settings same occurs over and over on the same file name ?????

Sounds like you might be selecting all of the dngs in the sequence when importing instead of only the first, which will do this. What program is this in by the way?  If in After Effects you should only select the first dng file in the sequence and then make sure the "raw sequence" checkbox is selected at the bottom of the import window. This will then only bring up ACR for the first frame and then when you click done the settings will automatically be applied accross the whole clip.

Any more questions ask over in the 6D raw shooting thread dude :) http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5530.0

Cheers and good luck!  8)

nativeridge

Thankyou SIR  ;D  ;D  ;D   ;D  ;D

that was it just select first one - wasn't a question :P  JUST A HUGE THANK YOU TO ALL!!

noisyboy

Quote from: nativeridge on June 14, 2013, 12:48:34 AM
Thankyou SIR  ;D  ;D  ;D   ;D  ;D

that was it just select first one - wasn't a question :P  JUST A HUGE THANK YOU TO ALL!!

Lol! You're welcome dude!  8)

1%

Ok, you guys have config files for modules meow.

xNiNELiVES

Quote from: 1% on June 14, 2013, 02:36:59 AM
Ok, you guys have config files for modules meow.

In the newest version? Thank the Lord! That saves soon much time thank you so much.

ckstoa

THANK YOU!!
using magic lantern with canon 6D, there's problem transfering files when using Wi-Fi option. is there any updated or revised version for that?