Tragic Lantern for EOS M

Started by coutts, April 17, 2013, 01:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxotics

Hi Escaperoute.  What SD card are you using?  There may be a memory read/write issue between ML and some of these cards.  No one, so far, has had a shutter bug problem with the EF lenses (only the M lenses with IS).  That's what I mostly use too.

haomuch

Quote from: Escaperoute on October 10, 2013, 01:13:12 PM
The shutter button don't work when i use rokinon fisheye lens with the EOS M adaptor. It is a manual lens and why isn't EOS M won't take a photo with Manual lens

You may have turn the camera out of P Tv Av and M modes.

maxotics

And menu "Shoot without Lens" set correctly too, just to be safe.

funkysound

Quote from: haomuch on October 10, 2013, 02:12:19 PM
You may have turn the camera out of P Tv Av and M modes.

... or you may have to change to "Release shutter without Lens" under "Custom Functions (Nr. 7)". This helpes if the camera doesn´t realize that there ist is a lens in use - which might be the case here. If so it has got nothing to do with ML.

Oh didn´t see that maxotics mentioned this already.
EOS 600d, Tamron 17-50mm 2,8 with stab., Tamron 70-300mm, Canon 50mm 1:1,8, Sigma 10-20mm 4-5,6, Sigma 30mm 1,4,  EOS M with 18-55mm, 22mm and EF adapter, tons of more glases incl. FD/FL, EOS 70D, Canon 18-135mm STM

maxotics

Sounds better coming from a Funky guy ;)

Escaperoute

Thanks for the help, really awesome...

jerrykil

hey guys,

i haven't been able to build last couple nights. anyone know a fix?
http://tl.bot-fly.com/EOSM.202_make_error_code_2_2013Oct10.log

thanks

1%

Try to make clean. Both on modules and the bin.

jerrykil

1%

What about the commit just now?

jerrykil

same:

make -C ../../modules

Building module raw_rec...
/bin/sh: -c: line 1: syntax error: unexpected end of file
make[3]: *** [delete_if_failed] Error 2
make[2]: *** [raw_rec_rule_delete_if_failed] Error 2
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make: *** [CONFIG_MODULES_compile] Error 2

1%

Now I tested and it compiled.

jerrykil

Hey~ it works now, thanks 1%!

jerrykil

bahhh make zip isn't packaging modules now. spoke too soon
EDIT: its the modules/Makefile file calling for the delete_if_failed thing that a1ex added so that it would not abort making if one of the modules failed. i don't really get how makefiles work so i can just delete that part and compile the mods that work, like before.
basically i really wanna play with the stuff u guys added the last couple days (i know i'm not alone)

smilem

Is it possible to have Dark Frame Subtraction?

"Controls the application of the Dark Frame Subtraction feature of your camera. Dark Frame Subtraction is a function used to reduce the effects of sensor noise - especially useful when exposure times are 1.3 seconds or longer.  When dark frame subtraction is enabled,  the camera essentially takes two pictures with the same exposure time - once with the shutter open and then again with the shutter closed.  By subtracting the second frame's pixel values from the first frame's,  the camera automatically removes most sensor thermal noise from the image."

http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK_1.2.0_User_Manual

Badpixel removal
http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Badpixel_removal

To remove defective pixels in an image in CHDK, there is the Bad pixel removal feature. Once a list containing all the bad pixels for your camera has been generated, CHDK can remove them automatically. The file with the badpixel data is named badpixel

1%

Yea, I'm hoping for that too.. especially for video. Right now I'm just recording some 2 or 3 sec of dark frame before if I know I'm using iso above 800.

Andy Mac

Firstly - amazing work! Thanks so much to all involved!

Very quick question - I'm trying to achieve a clean 1080 output via HDMI; so far I've managed a lovely clean overlay-free output, but not seemingly at 1080 - any clues on the correct settings to achieve that would be most welcome, thanks.
Or is there some documentation you can direct me to?

Once again, huge thanks to the ML team - it really is hugely impressive!

Andy

gary2013

Quote from: jerrykil on October 11, 2013, 05:49:05 AM
EDIT: its the modules/Makefile file calling for the delete_if_failed thing that a1ex added so that it would not abort making if one of the modules failed. i don't really get how makefiles work so i can just delete that part and compile the mods that work, like before.
basically i really wanna play with the stuff u guys added the last couple days (i know i'm not alone)
Jerry, I had problems with your ver Oct 11th and Oct 10th. I now am using the Oct 8th version (also with the shutter Bug).

Gary

gary2013

Quote from: jerrykil on October 11, 2013, 05:49:05 AM
no more magic lantern, now it's tragic lantern?

gary

gary2013

ML Oct 11th ver will not load modules. Keep getting err for each one. Tried 20 times now with reboots. Tried the debug and the load ofter crash and they do not work like it used to do for me. No luck no matter what I try.

Gary

update, finally got most to load by not loading dot tune, bolt an silent modules.

jerrykil

sorry, i had to hg up -C cuz of makefile changes i made earlier. gary, thats entire my bad,  i often have to fix up the builds i post. best practice is to not load modules you don't use because not all are supported by EOSM yet or ever will be, i'll fix this, again

gary2013

Quote from: jerrykil on October 12, 2013, 12:11:17 PM
sorry, i had to hg up -C cuz of makefile changes i made earlier. gary, thats entire my bad,  i often have to fix up the builds i post. best practice is to not load modules you don't use because not all are supported by EOSM yet or ever will be, i'll fix this, again
it's ok. I am just letting u know what I see here. I am still not sure what all the modules do, but i am slowly finding out.

Gary

yno0o_15

New here., ;D

Can we use magic lantern for version 2 of EOS-m? are there any bugs? how can i download everything?my eos-m is still in version 1., thanks guys in advance ^_^

gary2013

Quote from: yno0o_15 on October 12, 2013, 02:22:45 PM
New here., ;D

Can we use magic lantern for version 2 of EOS-m? are there any bugs? how can i download everything?my eos-m is still in version 1., thanks guys in advance ^_^
welcome to the forum. first go to the Canon website and get the version 2.0.2 firmware and upgrade your M camera.
http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/slr_cameras/eos_m_ef_m_22mm_stm_kit?selectedName=DriversAndSoftware

there are bugs. that's why we are all here trying to help the devs fix things.  :)
Gary

1%

QuoteVery quick question - I'm trying to achieve a clean 1080 output via HDMI; so far I've managed a lovely clean overlay-free output, but not seemingly at 1080 - any clues on the correct settings to achieve that would be most welcome, thanks.

No clean HDMI, you have the same crappy HDMI that every other canon besides 5DIII v2.
On 6D it *might* be possible to port or hack this in, on other canons probably not.

I can take some makefile changes as a pull req.. I just did the version lazily