Tragic Lantern for EOS M

Started by coutts, April 17, 2013, 01:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerrykil

Quote from: maxotics on September 23, 2013, 02:52:44 PM
@Jerrykil

You want to get shallow DOF, like some super expensive full-frame.  Try the $30 CCTV c-mount Fujian 35mm 1.7 with $10 c-mount to EOS-M adapter.  It's a blast.   I shot this the other day. 

\m/ awesome kids  8)
40$? can't go wrong

elijahalcantara

Really awesome to know, been debating to myself whether to get the eos-m+22mm+adapter or an x100, it's the dual-iso that sold me here because now I can take advantage of my canon lenses ... plus the x100 was kinda bulky and slow when I tried it =/ there's the x100s but it's more expensive

sorry for the off-topic :P
Canon 5d mkiii, Canon 60d, 28mm 1.8, 40mm 2.8 stm, Sigma 50mm 1.4, Canon 85m 1.8 . My photography portfolio: http://elijahalcantara.com

gary2013

jerrykil
these versions you are posting are all lacking the FONTS.DAT in the data folder. I have a new sandisk 32gb 45 write card and tried a new install from your latest build posted and it kept saying the FONTS.DAT was missing.

gary
hmm still not working with the one file copied over. ??

jerrykil

Gary, its because you're using the updater.fir. it doesn' tload the new fonts :( you have to use the newer installer EOSM1202.FIR: http://ml.bot-fly.com/fir_files/EOSM1202.FIR

i guess my idea of trying to see if updater.fir has a shutter bug was not well informed :P unless of course you wanna try an older build before the new fonts

gary2013

Quote from: jerrykil on September 23, 2013, 04:27:36 PM
Gary, its because you're using the updater.fir. it doesn' tload the new fonts :( you have to use the newer installer EOSM1202.FIR: http://ml.bot-fly.com/fir_files/EOSM1202.FIR

i guess my idea of trying to see if updater.fir has a shutter bug was not well informed :P unless of course you wanna try an older build before the new fonts
just tried what you said and that doesn't work either. it wants that fonts file. i never used the updater file. first time i used the same file you said and that didn't work. i just downloaded the same file you have on your site along with the sept 22 version and still no luck. works when i install that fonts file.

gary
update-i put the fonts file in the folder on the card, it then installed. but, now all the modules will not load. all errs. I know all the ways to hopefully get them on and none work. i keep getting sent in a circle after three or four reboots. Using the modules debug at times. i probably have now rebooted 2o times. i have to go back a version or two when it worked. I just tried the latest sept 22 version with no luck.

update 2-it's the dot tune again that is keeping them all from loading. maybe you can  leave it out?

1%

No micro adjustment on EOSM that I can find... maybe its possible but not with the current module. It has to be checked/reversed like 60D/50D/6D etc.

jerrykil

gary, my bad, it wont get built anymore

gary2013

Quote from: jerrykil on September 23, 2013, 06:37:06 PM
gary, my bad, it wont get built anymore
don't take it personal. :-) your school stuff is more important.

markr041

Quote from: gary2013 on September 22, 2013, 05:30:36 PM
I just got a remote control for the M. It's the RC-6 model from a third party. It works good at even 16 feet away for taking pics, BUT, I can't get it to start and atop the movie mode for videos. I have read in forums that it does also work for video,even the third party models, but I cannot see how. It always takes a pic in movie mode and a message pops up saying "switch to movie mode, something went wrong". But, it then starts recording video. Odd. BUT, I then cannot get the remote to stop the movie recording. It just keeps taking pics with each push of the button on the remote.

Is this something Magic Lantern can do to make it work for video start and stop without taking pics? Or, is there something I am doing wrong? I am setting the Self-Timer: 1o secs/remote to get the remote to work. I see no other way to do this for video start/stop.

Gary

If you read the manual, you will see if you set the remote to "2", and set the self-timer on the camera to remote (as you did), and set the camera to video, the remote will start and stop video instantly when  you press the remote button. This has absolutely nothing to do with ML.

gary2013

Quote from: markr041 on September 23, 2013, 08:58:19 PM
If you read the manual, you will see if you set the remote to "2", and set the self-timer on the camera to remote (as you did), and set the camera to video, the remote will start and stop video instantly when  you press the remote button. This has absolutely nothing to do with ML.
thank you.

iNfEk

idk if this has been answered or not... i apologize if it has been.

is there a reason why ML with the EOS-M doesn't expand the auto bracketed shots like the 5D2 and similar cameras that run ML? If it does... how do I get it to work in a similar fashion?

Thanks in advance!

Canon eos m

Jerrykil can't wait for your exams to get over.  sept22 still has issues. The global draw is acting up a bit when run in tandem with ettr and dual iso.  But again said all is well since the ML interface is generally working just fine.
Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)

jerrykil

@canon, i'm not a dev i'm just posting my nightlies. i got no idea how to fix the module or display  :o

haomuch

I just met several shutter problem with my 18-55 today and it became worse compared to earlier build. Hope this could be solved soon.

Beside, any news about the live view auto room function improvement?

funkysound

Quote from: jerrykil on September 23, 2013, 03:51:12 PM
funky, try the latest on ml.bot-fly.com, it has everythign you need in the zip. also, do you have a 64gb+ card?

Thanky jerrykil I will try this one later this week. I use the sandisk Extreme 45 MB/s 32gb card 
EOS 600d, Tamron 17-50mm 2,8 with stab., Tamron 70-300mm, Canon 50mm 1:1,8, Sigma 10-20mm 4-5,6, Sigma 30mm 1,4,  EOS M with 18-55mm, 22mm and EF adapter, tons of more glases incl. FD/FL, EOS 70D, Canon 18-135mm STM

Malakai

@1% + devs

I made a post here about the shutter bug. Do you think there could be anything in it?

Basically, could the shutter bug be due to the electronic IS starting before ML starts? Is there a way to make ML start before the IS or even restart the IS after it has started?
I only ask because if the power cycle or lens rotate trick are used it means the electronic IS is being restarted while ML is running thus allowing the camera to take photos.
Hunting for that elusive EOS M shutterbug!!

iNfEk

Quote from: iNfEk on September 24, 2013, 12:27:43 AM
idk if this has been answered or not... i apologize if it has been.

is there a reason why ML with the EOS-M doesn't expand the auto bracketed shots like the 5D2 and similar cameras that run ML? If it does... how do I get it to work in a similar fashion?

Thanks in advance!

never mind... I did find how to do it... it's slightly different.

because I found it... I think there might be a bug or a way to improve on it.

I access the menu with the sept22 build and turn the feature on for "Advanced Bracketing" then I tap the screen instead of using just the set button. this brings up the options (duh... LOL). Funny thing here is different menu options bring up their respected options with the set button sometimes or touch vs this which requires the touch of the menu to bring it up.

I set any bracketing type both exposure or DOF and set the # of frames I want (i.e. 5-9) in 1EV increments with self timer (2 second) turned on...  (0-+--++)

The camera auto focuses and then starts the self timer (for two seconds) and the first frame is taken.... usually... the second, third, forth...etc. goes after that but instead, the camera refocuses and then takes the next frame AFTER the two second self timer goes off again... so basically the self timer and focus gets redone in between each shot even though "2-second delay) and ISO shift" is turned off.

furthermore... I notice that some of the shots don't come out with different exposures but rather the same repeatedly. other times... I notice that when the number of bracketed shots are set (1, 2, 3, 4, 5...etc. all the way to 15) I don't always get that set amount of shots specified. sometimes I get less. for example. I set 9 shots and I'll get 3 or 4 sometimes with different exposures and other times with the same exposure.

dru5h

Hey sorry if this is a nub question, but where do I go to get the latest build? The link on post 1 was built last year.

dru5h

I'm able to find the nightly builds, but they don't seem to have a firmware file included. Any recommendations?

feureau

Running on the sept23 build, can anyone confirm this:

If you shoot video snapshot, shoot some snapshots, turn off the camera and turn it on again (keeping it in movie mode) the camera kept saying "Movie recording size has been changed." and it says it will record new snapshot into a new album, but if you take the snapshot, it will just add it to the last album.

dru5h

I've tried the builds on http://ml.bot-fly.com/ , but they're apparently missing the fonts file.

feureau

Quote from: dru5h on September 24, 2013, 08:18:23 PM
I've tried the builds on http://ml.bot-fly.com/ , but they're apparently missing the fonts file.

What does it say?

I overwrite mine with the one from bot-fly and the font changes but there's no warning about missing fonts.

Just ETTR being wonky and going back and forth between overexposed and underexposed.

iNfEk

I also noticed that bracketed images are labeled differently than standard images when the file are created...

for example:

Bracketed RAW files will be

Bxx_xxxx

where as my normal images are IMG_xxxx

I tried removing ML from my SD card and turning on the camera but I just keep getting a blinking green light and can't do anything with the camera. Took the battery out and put it back in and still can't do anything with the camera. Put back ML back on the card and I have to play with the battery in order for the camera to function again. weird.

jerrykil

Quote from: dru5h on September 24, 2013, 08:18:23 PM
i think some of the modules might be calling for the old fonts file. do you have all the modules enabled? let me know, cuz i only enable dual_iso lately.

iNfEk,
i also love doing bracketing and haven't been able to go above the built canons EV range of +/- 3EV because it focuses between each shot, kinda sux that way!

iNfEk

Quote from: jerrykil on September 25, 2013, 01:10:52 AM
i think some of the modules might be calling for the old fonts file. do you have all the modules enabled? let me know, cuz i only enable dual_iso lately.

iNfEk,
i also love doing bracketing and haven't been able to go above the built canons EV range of +/- 3EV because it focuses between each shot, kinda sux that way!

does your bracketed shots with or without ML show up as B##_####? mine show up as B10, 11, 12, 13 _3### and my cameras image count is IMG_0018 as the last shot.

I use a tripod to do the bracketed shots with ML and touch the advanced bracketing option (not set)
set as EXPOSURE, 5+ frames, 1EV, Off, Off and then focus and push the shutter. as indicated it will shoot the bracketed shots but it'll focus in between. BUT as you're aware... you use the standard AEB option and it'll self timer and shoot continuously one after the other.

Use the latest zip file on http://ml.bot-fly.com/ and delete the old 3 files that should be in your root directory. do the update procedure and it should work. mine is working now with sept 23rd zip.