Tragic Lantern for EOS M

Started by coutts, April 17, 2013, 01:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nick.p

zuzukasuma

Quote from: eosm1986 on September 05, 2013, 02:02:55 AM
...Anyone else having similar issues?..

I had those issues then I've used lens twist method with fixed depth-of-field or just Av mode

@nick.p, I think %1 is trying to find registers for SD card controllers on MLV_REC.mo, you can help with it. thread is here -> http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7122.new#new
in a complicated relationship with eos m.

1%

I recorded with it, seems to work. For that error just press play, fps override sometimes misses mode changes.

zuzukasuma

Quote from: 1% on September 05, 2013, 02:18:12 AM
I recorded with it, seems to work. For that error just press play, fps override sometimes misses mode changes.

uh, I thought its a hardware issue, I'm always getting rid of it by play-half shutter, thanks.

eosm1986

Quote from: zuzukasuma on September 05, 2013, 02:12:25 AM
I had those issues then I've used lens twist method with fixed depth-of-field or just Av mode

Lens twist seems to fix the aperture, which is exactly opposite of what I want to do.  Do you mean "When" you used lens twist?  Is there a way to avoid the "sticky" aperture - where it prefers the wide open?  Thanks!

1%

Since some commit the mode changes are sometimes missed and this happens, I noticed it on 6D too but there you get 1/2 a screen, go back to zoom mode and the FPS is right, lol.. but I finally looked at timer B again and got 48FPS in crop mode, then my battery died so I'm waiting to see if its nice or even possible to record.

Malakai

Quote from: gary2013 on September 05, 2013, 03:55:36 AM
1%
When the camera doesn't take pics with the 18-55, I can go to modules menu, press load all modules, shut the camera off, turn the camera back on and then it takes pics. If I then shut the camera off and then back on, the camera goes back to not taking pics. I can keep repeating this cycle. I don't know if you can find anything helpful about that cycle to fix the problem.

Gary

When you load all modules then power off are you waiting for the SD light to flash once then powering up or powering up before that light has flashed?
If you power back up after that light has flashed it still wont shoot. I think that final write closes something or resets something that brings back the lens bug. If you power off before that light flashes and back on then it will shoot.
Crazy bug!! Its the only one that for me is holding ML back a little as I only have the 18-55mm ef-m. I still use it but its a real PITA doing the power cycle every time I want to use it.
Hunting for that elusive EOS M shutterbug!!

Malakai

@1% am I right in thinking you dont have the EOS M to work with? Not criticizing. Just curious. If you dont then hats off to you!

mixer2

@gary2013:
had not much time for photo and video the last days... last time i tried everything worked fine. but there were also some people having problems with current ml versions on the 650d, because the dot positions changed. maybe they changed the way how the crop offset is calculated. try this dot data file:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/j727o0iaho4i3vd/EOSM.txt

Malakai

Just pondering stuff, is it possible to boost fps on the liveview to 60fps instead of it being 30fps? I only ask cuz i just noticed it jump to 60fps for a second or two after i did something, possibly changed menu or something.

Canon eos m

Quote from: zuzukasuma on September 04, 2013, 11:05:08 PM
@Canon eos m

do you have new cr2hdr.exe from DUAL ISO page? it seems to work fine, if you don't, this works fine https://www.transferbigfiles.com/9114e79a-8d7a-4910-83c7-3c2ceea08c23/B4THtf_L9lqWULe0XrnLWQ2

Hi, I did download the cr2hdr.exe from the link but maybe it is some problem with my workflow. Don't know what I am doing wrong? Copied the cr2hdr.exe from the link; copied the dcraw 9.19 version; copied the exiftool - all in the same folder. But do not see the conversion. The cr2hdr.exe starts out but then the screen is gone without any conversion.
Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)

1%

Make sure all programs are unblocked on windows.

I have the EOSM but I don't have the kit lens. Reverse engineering a camera isn't so simple though. If you don't believe me, try it.

Malakai

I can only imagine. Its folk like you that are a godsend to everyone else. As far as im concerned you are an amazing human being.

Thanks for everything you have done so far.

maxotics

The more I think about, the more I believe my EOS-M ML getting corrupted happened when I changed the 22mm for the EF Adapter with Sigma 10-20.  I can see the red light blink, even when camera is off, when I do that.  So the circuitry is doing something.  Also remember trying to put M43rd adapter on it.  Maybe I brushed a contact in the wrong way.  I'll see if I can replicate.

zuzukasuma

Quote from: Canon eos m on September 05, 2013, 03:02:55 PM
Hi, I did download the cr2hdr.exe from the link but maybe it is some problem with my workflow. Don't know what I am doing wrong? Copied the cr2hdr.exe from the link; copied the dcraw 9.19 version; copied the exiftool - all in the same folder. But do not see the conversion. The cr2hdr.exe starts out but then the screen is gone without any conversion.

uh, make sure you have administrator rights to use all the programs, sometimes my windows asks for file security (or unknown program source) but works fine. I recommend you to use the DUAL prefix for dual iso shots, it makes life easier with cr2hdr.exe.

@%1, are you considering of running cr2hdr.exe multi threaded? because I'm using 2 virtual machines with my base system. saves lot of time when processing them.

(1st and 2nd horizontal windows are virtual machines, provided by vmware workstation, windows 7 pro virtual, I'm using "unity" expansion, makes easier to use other machines side by side)

zuzukasuma

Quote from: maxotics on September 05, 2013, 03:50:18 PM
The more I think about, the more I believe my EOS-M ML getting corrupted happened when I changed the 22mm for the EF Adapter with Sigma 10-20.  I can see the red light blink, even when camera is off, when I do that.  So the circuitry is doing something.  Also remember trying to put M43rd adapter on it.  Maybe I brushed a contact in the wrong way.  I'll see if I can replicate.

same thing happening on my camera since the 1st day. when I connect the lens (even camera is off) it checks the lens then turn off. yours the same?

Canon eos m

Quote from: zuzukasuma on September 05, 2013, 04:18:25 PM
uh, make sure you have administrator rights to use all the programs, sometimes my windows asks for file security (or unknown program source) but works fine. I recommend you to use the DUAL prefix for dual iso shots, it makes life easier with cr2hdr.exe.

The cr2hdr.exe version works fine to convert dual iso files from teh 5D Mark III but does not work with the Canon EOS M. I copied the files to the root directory but no success.
Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)

1%

QuoteI can see the red light blink, even when camera is off, when I do that.

All lenses do this.

I'm thinking any corruption would be from wrong modules/sym. They load at startup now by default so if your modules folder is messed up it will freeze on bootup and then next time you get the camera wasn't shut down properly... next time freeze again, etc.

If you have a dual file you can't convert, post it.

Canon eos m

Quote from: Canon eos m on September 05, 2013, 04:25:35 PM
The cr2hdr.exe version works fine to convert dual iso files from teh 5D Mark III but does not work with the Canon EOS M. I copied the files to the root directory but no success.

The command prompt screen comes and goes quickly therefore I cannot see the error. But was something to do with blending, etc.

Edit: Finally managed to capture the error with the burst mode on my 5D Mark III.

"Interlacing method not supported"
"ISO blending didn't work"

1%

So I guess you see the stripes in the photo? Maybe using the older version that has 4 lines? try running it in a cmd window and look at the pattern. its going to be like dBBd or something like that.

maxotics

Quote from: zuzukasuma on September 05, 2013, 04:23:49 PM
same thing happening on my camera since the 1st day. when I connect the lens (even camera is off) it checks the lens then turn off. yours the same?

I'm running a new card on the EOS-M, went through Gary's steps, but the camera is still very flaky.  I can't change the ISO, the screen goes weird in only showing that setting over the LiveView.  I can't get to shutter or fstop, can only change via EV.  The * button is the same as the left click on the wheel.  Anyway @1%, I can't see how I have weird things in the folder since I'm using the same load from a few weeks ago.  Files I put on the card first, I then do the CardUtility, the add the second set of files.  Nothing new.  I've done "clear all settings" a few times in the EOS-M.

Can you give me a fool-proof way of bringing the camera back to where it was a couple of weeks ago?  Once that's working, I can experiment with some lens changing procedures to see where the corruption stems from.  Perhaps you could create another binary download like your ADTKGui thing that you believe the most stable?