Tragic Lantern for EOS M

Started by coutts, April 17, 2013, 01:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malakai

Quote from: yno0o_15 on September 02, 2013, 03:04:35 PM
how can i update to version 2? sorry guys newbie here ^_^ tnx

is ML in ver2.0.2 1005 bug free now? and 100% working?

Grab the 2.02 fw from canon, pop it in the root of a SD card and go to FW in menu and update.

ML is still in Alpha. Its still buggy. Its not ready for main stream release as its still being worked on and so is installed at your own risk.

Hope this helps.
Hunting for that elusive EOS M shutterbug!!

yno0o_15

tetsu

Quote from: nick.p on September 02, 2013, 02:02:08 PM
Here's how I did it:
Step 0: Update to version 2.02

Step one: Format the card using the computer
Step two: Format in camera
Step three: Put these files on the card - http://www.nickpotts.com.au/downloads/ML_nick_g3gg0_30_Aug_2013
Step four: Enable the boot flag and eos develop in eoscard - found here: http://pel.hu/eoscard/
Step five: Run software update on camera
Step six: Celebrate?
I'm not 100% this will work but this is approximately what I did.

Thank you Nick! That worked great except from one link, the Magic Lantern zip does not work, it needs the EOSM1202.FIR file, your link does not have it.

I used this one instead. All worked great!

http://cdn.bitbucket.org/OtherOnePercent/tragic-lantern-6d/downloads/%5BEOSM%5DFullbackADTGui.zip

Another question, whats que Q button on the M? I cant seem to find it to set the settings on the intervalometer module.

Thanks!

Malakai

Quote from: tetsu on September 02, 2013, 04:23:32 PM

Thank you Nick! That worked great except from one link, the Magic Lantern zip does not work, it needs the EOSM1202.FIR file, your link does not have it.

I used this one instead. All worked great!

http://cdn.bitbucket.org/OtherOnePercent/tragic-lantern-6d/downloads/%5BEOSM%5DFullbackADTGui.zip

Another question, whats que Q button on the M? I cant seem to find it to set the settings on the intervalometer module.

Thanks!

highlight it and touch the screen to bring up the second menu

1%

I couldn't find any pics being taken in the log. You can't power down while logging or it will stop going I think.

Malakai

I tried taking three shots from powering it on with the shutter not activating because of the bug but then powered off and back on before the light flashes. (If the light flashes after powering off, when powering it up the bug persists) I then took three more shots, this time it worked and took pictures. I then went into the ML menu and hit DL to stop the log....

Wait, i just realised, yeah, it may have stopped the log on the powerdown. Ill do two logs. One powered up with the camera not taking shots. then ill do the restart trick, start another log and take shots with it working and paste both logs here. Perhaps cross refrencing them will help that way. Give me two minutes.

Malakai

Quote from: 1% on September 02, 2013, 04:57:41 PM
I couldn't find any pics being taken in the log. You can't power down while logging or it will stop going I think.

@1%

try these two logs

No shutter activation
With shutter activation after quick restart

Hope these help

1%

Ok, checking it out. BTW the dual ISO for silent pics/video may still have issues so don't shoot anything important with it.

Escaperoute

I am thankful for what 1% has done. But when i install the newest update the modules didn't load. So i can't record raw and auto ETTR couldn't load and dual iso of course don't load.

Malakai

hopefully 1% can figure it out :D

1%

So maybe false alarm about the video:

9-2-CR2hdr-Raw2dng-EOSM.zip (72 KB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!5sRilQJb!bs1pIFbAFwxt7unCkIl3wm2VQbIyhn9fbXB_rsC-auQ

These are correctly built cr2hdr.exe and raw2dng.exe.. you need your own dcraw (9.19 is the latest) and exiftool.

Still says black subtraction failed but the files are coming out... I had lots of trouble using "other" versions. Dunno if you'll have all the libraries, built on mingw + mysys system win7x64.

a1ex

Raw video files don't have any black correction info yet.

1%

That explains it. I can build "linux" cr2hdr into an EXE (make cr2hdr) or make cr2hdr.exe... former doesn't produce proper files, they have weird horizontal banding, etc.

zuzukasuma

Quote from: 1% on September 02, 2013, 07:24:52 PM
9-2-CR2hdr-Raw2dng-EOSM.zip (72 KB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!5sRilQJb!bs1pIFbAFwxt7unCkIl3wm2VQbIyhn9fbXB_rsC-auQ

is it possible to upload file to another server? I'm not able to access mega.
in a complicated relationship with eos m.

zuzukasuma

thanks Gary, I've checked the results from new cr2hdr.exe and cr2hdr_exp.exe, not much of a difference, or I think I have to test them in daylight to see the difference.
in a complicated relationship with eos m.

kaos42ze

Quote from: 1% on September 01, 2013, 04:08:44 AM
Its working here. Any more specifics?

every time i go to press PLAY than press MENU and to to CREATIVE FILTERS ... and try to apply filters the camera will get stuck and no button works until i remove the battery

AnthonyEngelken

First off, thanks tons @1% for putting together [EOSM]FullbackADTGui.zip, I've been waiting for a proper Alpha update like this to move up to the v2 firmware. I did so yesterday, and everything is working great for me (or as expected). At this point, I'm not too terribly concerned about RAW workflow, at least not until 2048/24fps is field-dependable. I am wondering however about ML's research history into different captured resolutions in h264. Likely something that's been discussed, but I've failed to locate any discussion of consequence in the forum. Understanding that Movie Crop Mode reduces the bayer pattern to a 1:1 pixel capture ratio, has there been any luck in writing the full sensor to h264? I'm able to write 1920/24fps at 5x CBR without my camera even breaking a sweat with a 45/mbps card, and Movie Crop Mode would be much more useful with the whole sensor as canvas, especially in LiveView. Just some thoughts, I'm really pushing to make this device my full-time production camera. To me, the smaller the rig, the better.

AnthonyEngelken

@gary2013 - My go-to lens has been Canon's EF 24mm f/2.8, but in Movie Crop Mode, it makes me terribly claustrophobic. I'd love nothing more than to live in Crop Mode because of the tighter pitch and lack of interference, but APS-C sensors already have a 1.6 crop factor, then zoom by 2.7 and I'm suddenly on a 104mm lens. I either need to switch to a 8mm lens to compensate, or figure out how to capture more of the 5,184 total pixels; 4096x2160/24fps in h264 at a respectable bitrate would be super rad.

maxotics

Anthony, I've been shooting with the Sigma 10-22mm, in crop mode, with good results. (using Canon EF adapter).  Although the lens and adapter add considerable size to the camera, the weight actually helps me hold it steady.  I've heard the 8mm has some distortions.  I'm going to get a Century Optics .5x wide angle adapter for my 22mm and see how that works.  It's $165 and I'm hesitant, but I know the cheap ones are probably a waste.  The lens is very small.  If it works, that would be the way to go.  So you may want to wait until I get and can post some video.  As for shooting H.264 over RAW, to each is own!  I like the subtle water-color look of RAW.