Tragic Lantern for EOS M

Started by coutts, April 17, 2013, 01:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1%

daduke

Quote from: 1% on September 01, 2013, 08:01:18 PM
Dual iso from this should be convertable... dunno how the video will do.

https://bitbucket.org/OtherOnePercent/tragic-lantern-6d/downloads/dual_iso.mo

yup, works like a charm! congrats. Could you commit this to the 700D module too?

thanks,
-Christian

mdwhaley

Quote from: Malakai on September 01, 2013, 07:51:50 PM
So with your camera off you powered it up, then connected the lens and then you could shoot. What happens when you power off then back on again? Does the shutter activate still or do you have take the lens off and put it back on to get it to work? If so then id rather just power off and back on within a second to be able to use this lens for now until a fix is found.

No. with the camera on I released the lens and turned to disconnect the terminals and then turned it back to remount it. I never turned it off

1%

700D is supported too, someone just has to commit.

1%

asjdlfjsdlfj... this is a weird one... can anyone log with lens not working and then doing the twistaroo and the lens working?

zuzukasuma

I don't think its related to new dualiso.mo but I'm experiencing something,

here is the setup;
2 sec delay for taking photos
touch shutter active
iso 100, f/3.5, 1/60
canon ef-s 18-55 IS II with fake-chinese EF/EF-S to EF-M adapter
dual iso active ISO 100/400

here is the problem;
when ever I touch the screen to take photo, it countdowns, takes the photo, but then freezes, no light, no screen info, all buttons freezing. have to hard-reset the camera to get working again.

another problem started to emerge on camera,

silent-burst dual iso shots are limited to 2, when it comes to 3 it says "saving cancelled" and continues with the normal shutter action
in a complicated relationship with eos m.

1%

How big are the shots vs memory. There is only less than 50Mb shoot malloc with raw photo quality and video mode.

I have to try touch shutter, I have it set off.

zuzukasuma

Quote from: 1% on September 01, 2013, 11:44:38 PM
How big are the shots vs memory. There is only less than 50Mb shoot malloc with raw photo quality and video mode.

I have to try touch shutter, I have it set off.

normal silent shots, 1734x695. I've checked it after disabling the dual iso, ettr, and other modules, now seems to work fine on highiso-multishot-noisereduce mode with 42 bursts.
in a complicated relationship with eos m.

yno0o_15

Just new here.

I just purchased an EOS-M with version1 put ML on it and happy with it.,

now i want to update it to version 2 can ML work on version 2 of eos-M? does it still have bugs in it? or its fully functional?

what are the steps? and download sites thanks in advance godbless you all guys for developing this wonderful tool ^_^

nick.p

Quote from: yno0o_15 on September 02, 2013, 07:29:33 AM
Just new here.

I just purchased an EOS-M with version1 put ML on it and happy with it.,

now i want to update it to version 2 can ML work on version 2 of eos-M?

what are the steps? and download sites thanks in advance godbless you all guys for developing this wonderful tool ^_^
Can somebody post the file that was located at qfpost.com/file/d?g=NzBmhwaBK I can't download it because the site is down.

Malakai

@1%

Ive made a new DM.LOG for you to have a look at to see if you can see anything that may help with the shutter bug with the 18-55mm efm lens.

I started the log, powered off the camera for 10 seconds, powered up, activated the shutter three times, powered off and back on again within 2 seconds, activate the shutter three more times this time with it actually taking shots and powered down. Hopefully it might indicate where the problem is.

DM.LOG

Hope it helps
Hunting for that elusive EOS M shutterbug!!

dube

Quote from: nick.p on September 02, 2013, 09:51:30 AM
Can somebody post the file that was located at qfpost.com/file/d?g=NzBmhwaBK I can't download it because the site is down.

Bump again for this... there is no way for us to install ML without it. That site seems to have bit the dust.

Malakai

Quote from: dube on September 02, 2013, 12:28:49 PM
Bump again for this... there is no way for us to install ML without it. That site seems to have bit the dust.

which file is it? ill put a link up to it for a few days from my server until its updated

nick.p

Quote from: Malakai on September 02, 2013, 12:39:18 PM
which file is it? ill put a link up to it for a few days from my server until its updated
It's the UpDaterM.fir file. I can also host it for as long as it is needed.

Malakai

tetsu

Good morning folks! Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask! I have a new EOS M that came with firmware 1.06 so I want to know where to find the proper build of ML to use or if its better to update to 2.02. The build I´ve found its for 2.02. Also I´m not sure which tutorial to use, just format the sd card or if I have to use EOSUtility.

Thanks and keep the good work!

nick.p

Quote from: tetsu on September 02, 2013, 01:31:42 PM
Good morning folks! Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask! I have a new EOS M that came with firmware 1.06 so I want to know where to find the proper build of ML to use or if its better to update to 2.02. The build I´ve found its for 2.02. Also I´m not sure which tutorial to use, just format the sd card or if I have to use EOSUtility.

Thanks and keep the good work!
I was in the same position a few hours ago. I was trying to avoid updating to 2.02 because I didn't think the boot flag was working. I struggled for about an hour before updating and now everything works perfectly. I was even able to compile the latest version and slap that on.

tetsu

Quote from: nick.p on September 02, 2013, 01:46:25 PM
I was in the same position a few hours ago. I was trying to avoid updating to 2.02 because I didn't think the boot flag was working. I struggled for about an hour before updating and now everything works perfectly. I was even able to compile the latest version and slap that on.

Can you post a guide? I´m just worried about the lens focus issue with the 18-55 lens and firmware 2.02

Malakai

Quote from: tetsu on September 02, 2013, 01:53:27 PM
Can you post a guide? I´m just worried about the lens focus issue with the 18-55 lens and firmware 2.02

What focus issue?
If you are referring to the shutter bug, i think it only effects the 18-55 ef-m but if you turn the camera on then power off and back on within 2 seconds its fine. Basically, when you first power on the shutter wont activate but doing the quick power cycle it fixes it.
Ive posted a new log for 1% to see if anything can be cross referenced from the before and after powercycle. Cross your fingers.

IMHO bootloaded ML on 2.02 is fantastic, focus peaking is an absolute godsend and i dont know why canon didnt include this as part of the stock FW. Also having the ability to up the bitrate on video capture as well as being able to use one picture style for photos and it auto change to another for video is brilliant!

nick.p

Here's how I did it:
Step 0: Update to version 2.02

Step one: Format the card using the computer
Step two: Format in camera
Step three: Put these files on the card - http://www.nickpotts.com.au/downloads/ML_nick_g3gg0_30_Aug_2013
Step four: Enable the boot flag and eos develop in eoscard - found here: http://pel.hu/eoscard/
Step five: Run software update on camera
Step six: Celebrate?
I'm not 100% this will work but this is approximately what I did.

yno0o_15

how can i update to version 2? sorry guys newbie here ^_^ tnx

is ML in ver2.0.2 1005 bug free now? and 100% working?