Tragic Lantern for EOS M

Started by coutts, April 17, 2013, 01:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

haomuch

@1%
Maybe we can trigger the auto zoom function only by the * key so that we can take immediate shutter without half press delay. Currently both key will trigger the function.

Malakai

Great work on this guys. ML is amazing. However, is there a fix for the 18-55 ef-m lens shutter bug, its a pita having to keep turning the camera on and off just to get a shot, i even missed a few because of it. Im running the latest firmware with the bootloading ML if that helps.

Thanks.
Hunting for that elusive EOS M shutterbug!!

Canon eos m

Quote from: 1% on August 31, 2013, 01:15:47 AM
Ok, here is the chance to find out I guess... I think sync is causing trouble with the LV dual ISO, it looks flashy on screen, not sure bout video so test first. Hopefully intevalometer works for you as it does for me.

https://bitbucket.org/OtherOnePercent/tragic-lantern-6d/downloads/%5BEOSM%5DFullbackADTGui.zip

Hi formatted and loaded the new binary to the SD card as always. Things working fine except the the modules will not load - I get the message that the modules were not loaded but when I press the show console it indicates that the modules are loaded. Anything else to do?
Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)

1%

QuoteHowever, is there a fix for the 18-55 ef-m lens shutter bu

Post a DM log of it not working, try to take a pic several times while logging it.

Modules are opt-in now.

Canon eos m

Quote from: Canon eos m on August 31, 2013, 01:59:06 PM
Hi formatted and loaded the new binary to the SD card as always. Things working fine except the the modules will not load - I get the message that the modules were not loaded but when I press the show console it indicates that the modules are loaded. Anything else to do?

The DM Log file is way to big. Explorer hangs if I try to paste the contents on the thread!

Everything working fine except the modules will not load but when I press load modules the message is modules already loaded.
Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)

Malakai

Quote from: 1% on August 31, 2013, 06:02:46 PM
Post a DM log of it not working, try to take a pic several times while logging it.

Modules are opt-in now.

@1% hope this helps sort the shutter bug

http://malakai.sytes.net/extras/DM.log

1%

You have to set them on and then it will autoload at start... unless you turn that off.

Looking to see if there is anything in the log.

It starts to take the picture and then it cancels it for unknown reasons... canon bug of some sort?

fssSW1On
evfPrepareChangeVdInterrupt[FrameNo:365](366)[0x7c714c]
CancelDeliverStage
CancelJpegStage
[CFIL] CancelCFilterStage 0xff0d51d4 0x0
deliverCancelJob:0
Epp_CancelCompleteCBR (0x00000008)
jpegCancelJob:0
Alloc[0]Shrink[0]Free[0]JpegCnt[0]
evfCompleteTransferYuvCBR 0
Epp_CancelCompleteCBR (0x00000020)
[CFIL] roughMonoCancel 0xff0d51d4
Epp_CancelCompleteCBR (0x00000010)
evfJobCancelCompleteCBR
evfPrepareChangeVdInterrupt::1_5_INTERLACE
evfPrepareChangeVdInterrupt::RecMovie[0]
evfPrepareChangeVdInterrupt::Frame[0]
[VRAM] FrameParam[0xab6cd0][0x0][0x279b4][0x0]
[VRAM]vram_SetSenserDriveParameter(73, 946, 3 2)
[VRAM]vram_SetSenserDriveParameter(0, 0, 0 0)
SetVDFrameLiveViewDevice
Cartridge Cancel[0]

Malakai

Can this be fixed do you think? Would a complete removal, format and reinstall cure this?

Thanks 1%

pironio

Hi, is there a specific place for feature requests? I really just want to know id its possible...

Can it be made so that the screen remains off, maybe through hitting the info button. I there are times when I dont even need the screen I know what I want and how to shoot is and the screen just slow me down.

Also, is there a way to turn off the auto focus on the shutter and port it to the record button on the back AF/AF Lock.

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this, I'm still getting my bearrings on the site.

Thanks.

Gevorg

1% thanks for Dual ISO!!! Great work!

As I understood cr2hdr doesn't work for EOS M. Are there other ways to handle them?

Thanks

1%

Not yet, 700D is in the same boat.

Canon eos m

It is on 'autoload at start mode'. It just says 'module disable' against each module which are currently set to 'off'.

I may be missing a major step in the process.

This is what I did:

Format the SD card on the computer.
Format the SD card on the EOS M.
Copy the ML directory, autoexe.bin and *.fir files on the root directory of the SD card.
Firmware upgrade with the SD card in the camera.

Everything works fine except the modules just wouldn't load.

1%

Set the modules you want on and reboot. Its opt in... or turn autoload off and set the modules you want on then load them manually.

BernardDigital

Quote from: 1% on August 31, 2013, 01:15:47 AM
Ok, here is the chance to find out I guess... I think sync is causing trouble with the LV dual ISO, it looks flashy on screen, not sure bout video so test first. Hopefully intevalometer works for you as it does for me.

https://bitbucket.org/OtherOnePercent/tragic-lantern-6d/downloads/%5BEOSM%5DFullbackADTGui.zip

1% You are the man!!! Intervalometer is totally working flawlessly :) I guess I had a bad .fir compile... Thank you so much!!!

Canon eos m

Quote from: 1% on August 31, 2013, 08:47:57 PM
Set the modules you want on and reboot. Its opt in... or turn autoload off and set the modules you want on then load them manually.

That is the challenge - modules are not going on / these remain off even if I try to turn these on manually.

Canon eos m

Sorry stupid of me. Reboot makes these come on. Thanks as always.

gary2013

zuzukasuma

@canon eos m, are you seeing this tab on menu?

in a complicated relationship with eos m.

AnotherDave

Does this work with the latest firmware?  I just bought a used EOS-M, and I'm looking forward to loading it up with ML!

1%

How does it not take pictures? Only problem is for that one lens that some people have issues on. Yes, this is 2.02 and no need for downgrades.

BernardDigital

Quote from: AnotherDave on August 31, 2013, 11:01:49 PM
Does this work with the latest firmware?  I just bought a used EOS-M, and I'm looking forward to loading it up with ML!

Yea I am using it with 2.0.2 and its working flawlessly for me... have not played with any of modules or raw record tho... 

BernardDigital

Quote from: gary2013 on August 31, 2013, 09:57:41 PM
can someone help em with why my camera now does not take pictures? only video movies. I reverted back to just Canon firmware and the shutter then works to take pictures. Reinstalled ML and it goes back to not taking any pictures.

Gary

Yea I noticed with the m22 lens everything works... But if I put my m18-55 lens on I can't take pictures anymore... Do you think its something with how the camera registers that specific lens?

gary2013

1%

I'll have to compare the above log to one I take with the normal 22mm. Try using intervalometer with the "bad" lens... does it take pics?